bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Savior of All Men not women  (Read 6143 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Savior of All Men not women
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »

Dear Ray, you do love to use 1timothy 2:4, but I guess you forget 1tim 2:15. These poor women in order to be saved must (according to paul) continue in the faith, but what if they don't?

COMMENT:  Yes, I do love to use I Tim. 2:4.  What do you have against I Tim. 2:4, Robert?  Why do you despise the Word of God? It is one of the most powerful and meaningful Scriptures in the entire Bible.  And as for I Tim 2:15, I recently posted an explanation of that one on our Forum as well.  So what happens of these women "don't continue?" you ask.
We guess what, that same thing that happens to women for not continuing in faith, love and holiness with self-controlis, is the same thing that happens to men who don't continue....  You, on the other hand, have apparently "forgot" a multitude of Scriptures which contradict your unscriptural nonsense.  You are not one for using the Scriptures to substantiate your arguments, are you?

It would appear there is consequences associated with their continuance in the faith. HMMMM. Imagine that? Oh, I forgot you just ignore it.

COMMENT:  Your sacrasm is mis-placed, Robert.  I don't "just ignore" ANY Scripture, but apparently you ignore hundreds of Scriptures. Or maybe you never knew of these Scriptures in the first place?  I believe that I teach more on the "Judgments" of God more than any other single person on the Worldwide Web.  There are great consequences for disobedience.  You, Robert, will be brought into severe Judgment for mocking such Scriptures as I Tim. 2:4. Why don't we read a few more Scriptures from I Tim. 2:

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men [the Greek for 'men' in this verse is anthropos and it means "humanity" or "a human"].  It can stand for male or female.  For kings, ['kings' are masculine not feminine and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. or this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men [same word translated 'men' above:  'Who will have ALL HUMANITY] to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."  No, not now, but "in due time." (I Tim. 2:1-6).

The men got it made according to your interpretation with no worries,

COMMENT:  Tis true, that's why Paul admonished:   "Do not worry about ANYTHING...." (Phil. 4:6, Concordant Literal N.t.).   However, the "men" go through the same qualifications as do "women." You don't know what "my interpretation" is, so how can you suggest that I think men do not have a care in the world when it comes to their living a godly life of overcoming?  I know that you don't like to use Scripture to back up your unscriptural nonsense, but I do like to use Scripture, as it is the source of my faith.  So here are a few Scriptures to consider in the light of your know it all attitude:

Gal. 3:26-29, For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.  For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Don't tell me you didn't know this verse was in the Bible?  When it comes to salvation both men and women are saved by the grace brought by Jesus Christ (John 1:17).  Was Jesus talking to women ONLY when He stated:

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye ['all of you] continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;  (John 1:17)? (John 8:31).  Were these all men that Jesus was addressing?  No, they were the Pharisees (Verse13).  The Pharisees where men, not women, and it was these "men" that needed to "...continue in My word...."  Would you like top see a few more Scriptures?

John 15:9,  As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love (John 15:9).

Acts 13:43,  Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

Acts 14:22,  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God   Doesn't sound to me like all the men are going to waltz off into the sunset without a care in the world.

Rom. 11:22,  Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in His goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.  One either continues in His goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off.   In this same chapter if Romans we see that the Jews as a nation  (Rom. 11:15).

Col. 1:21-23,   And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled.  In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:  If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, ...

I Tim. 4:16, Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

but these poor women well they got to continue in the faith if they want to be saved.  Which is it for you Ray. You can't have it both ways??

COMMENT:  You really don't have a clue as to what you are talking about, do you Robert?  God has more to say about men continuing in the faith than He does women, but the truth is that they BOTH must continue in order to be saved.  And if they don't, then they will have to go into Judgment where they will bitterly repent of their sins, and "...will learn righteousness" (Isa. 26:9).

1Ti 2:4 Who3739 will2309 have all3956 men444 to be saved,4982 and2532 to come2064 unto1519 the knowledge1922 of the truth.225

1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding1161 she shall be saved4982 in1223 childbearing,5042 if1437 they continue3306 in1722 faith4102 and2532 charity26 and2532 holiness38 with3326 sobriety.4997

COMMENT:  You have not a clue as to what being "saved in childbearing" means, do you?  No, of course you don't.

Sincerely,

Ray

Respectfully,
Robert
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 08:05:46 PM by Dennis Vogel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.