bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re spirits in prison  (Read 5816 times)

chav

re spirits in prison
« on: January 17, 2010, 05:26:45 PM »

Hi
Just wondering whether Ray has ever explained what this verse means.

1 Pet 3:19-20
in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, :20  because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.

A lot of people believe that Jesus went and preached to those destroyed in Noah's flood. But as we know,that belief, goes against everything we have learned here.What does it really mean? Who are the spirits in prison ? I've been racking my brains about it, but remain none the wiser.
thanks
Dave

aqrinc

Re: re spirits in prison
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:09:05 PM »

Hi
Just wondering whether Ray has ever explained what this verse means.

1 Pet 3:19-20
in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, :20  because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.

A lot of people believe that Jesus went and preached to those destroyed in Noah's flood. But as we know,that belief, goes against everything we have learned here.What does it really mean? Who are the spirits in prison ? I've been racking my brains about it, but remain none the wiser.
thanks
Dave

Hi Dave UK,

This from about 1 year ago, was discussed on the forum:
 http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9212.msg77215.html#msg77215

There are lots of other threads on here, you can find then by using google advanced search:
Input search terms eg: spirits in prison, then for domain search input: bible-truths.com

Should get a nice batch to feast on for a bit.

Hope the info helps.

george :).

chav

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 07:34:42 PM »

Hi

thanks that's very useful

Dave

PAMITCHRUS

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:09:58 AM »

Greetings in his name, name above all names..

I was just wondering if you got the story on the angel angle figured out.. it's simple really, just remember that God is teaching both levels of his creation, and the angels are of a higher order than us and some angels have not yet been perfected, not all are called holy elect angels.. :0).. they are even as we are in the ongoing process brought on by a Perfect Creator who will have all his creation to learn the meaning of Be not overcome with evil , but overcome evil with good .. our Father is the God of the Future Perfect Complete tense..  Those aforemention angels were punished most severely by our Father who decreed them to be locked up till our appointed time.. note our appointed time.. In these the latter of the last days, as spoken in the last book, a few of these have been realised  yet again, to ply their wares  of sex and perveresion once again, to teach men higher things yet again,  to once again entice the women to show their wares instead of hide their wares, to seek the outer beauty beyond all things.. and most importantly to set up the final kingdom of Satan, that one Daniel refered to that would consume the whole earth,  the kingdom of greed and money, and lies and deception  which has indeed consumed the whole earth.. along with the lying Whore Church being the greatest sign of all.. the master deception it's self..

Now with this final beast and kingdom firmly in place we wait only for the Lord Jesus Christ himself..

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 12:44:30 AM »

Greetings in his name, name above all names..

I was just wondering if you got the story on the angel angle figured out.. it's simple really, just remember that God is teaching both levels of his creation, and the angels are of a higher order than us and some angels have not yet been perfected, not all are called holy elect angels.. :0).. they are even as we are in the ongoing process brought on by a Perfect Creator who will have all his creation to learn the meaning of Be not overcome with evil , but overcome evil with good .. our Father is the God of the Future Perfect Complete tense..  Those aforemention angels were punished most severely by our Father who decreed them to be locked up till our appointed time.. note our appointed time.. In these the latter of the last days, as spoken in the last book, a few of these have been realised  yet again, to ply their wares  of sex and perveresion once again, to teach men higher things yet again,  to once again entice the women to show their wares instead of hide their wares, to seek the outer beauty beyond all things.. and most importantly to set up the final kingdom of Satan, that one Daniel refered to that would consume the whole earth,  the kingdom of greed and money, and lies and deception  which has indeed consumed the whole earth.. along with the lying Whore Church being the greatest sign of all.. the master deception it's self..

Now with this final beast and kingdom firmly in place we wait only for the Lord Jesus Christ himself..

Pamitchrus,

This scripture is not referring to angelic messengers. Also the book of Revelation are not events that happen in the 'latter days' but are symbolic of things that is, was, and will be.

Your posts have been bordering on teaching since you've joined. I know that you are new, but newbie or not, we have rules against teaching. And a good number of comments you have made are outright heresy.

Take some time to read Ray's teaching and let us discuss that...that is the purpose of the forum. This is not a traditional 'Christian' forum with members who talk over one another attempting to teach. We edify one another with the truths that we know, not attempt to establish new ones.

Marques

Lupac

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 12:45:36 AM »

Wow Marques. I was just about to ask for some scripture references for what he said.  :)

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 01:20:58 AM »

I was about to ask for references as well and also warn of teaching...
Kathy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.