bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Differences between 'Many Called' and 'Few Chosen'  (Read 11969 times)

mharrell08

Differences between 'Many Called' and 'Few Chosen'
« on: January 21, 2010, 01:41:17 PM »

As Ray has shown within all the parables, they all speak of the 'many called, few chosen'. In each parable, those who do the Will of God and/or repent and begin doing the Will of God are the few chosen. The many called are those who shun and do not do the Will of God.

It has been said many times, we (the few) are no different than they (the many). But notice Paul's words:

Rom 11:30  For as ye in times past have not believed God...

Eph 2:2-3  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

As Paul notes, in times past (but not NOW) we did not believe nor understand the Love of God as God had not opened our understanding. We all walked in the ways of the world...again, in times past but not now.

Now, in our lives, there is a difference as Christ clearly points out:

Luke 7:36-48

Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil.

Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, “This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner.” And Jesus answered and said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” So he said, “Teacher, say it.”

“There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?” Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.”
And He said to him, “You have rightly judged.”

Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil.

Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.” Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

Christ taught Peter: to whom much is forgiven, the same loves much. And to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.

The 'many called' love Christ little. They do not believe that Jesus is the author and finisher of their faith [Heb 12:2], but rather their 'free-will' is the beginning and end of their faith and Christ simply plays some part in between. They believe they can choose Christ, though He tells us He chooses us [John 15:16]. They do not believe they need to rely and trust in God, for EVERYTHING, since they believe their 'free-will' plays a part in their salvation. When one believes in free-will, they can never give God FULL CREDIT for their deliverance since they believe they, themselves, played an equal part. This attitude and mindset will always love Christ 'little' since it is not one's full devotion. It's either all or nothing.

The 'few chosen' love Christ much. They believe and understand that their salvation is IMPOSSIBLE through man [Matt 19:26, Mark 10:27], and only through God is deliverance possible. They believe and understand that God created mankind in a spiritually weak state [Jer 17:9, Rom 8:20] for the express purpose to learn to have faith in Him [Isa 26:9, 1 Pet 4:17]. They know that much is needed to be forgiven, since it is only by the grace of God they are who they are [1 Cor 15:10] and one who breaks the law is guilty of all, seeing that they are a law-breaker [James 2:10, Rom 2:1-4].

I think I'll stop there, but there are many more passages which testify the difference between the few and the many. This high calling is a glorious thing that God is doing in our lives and He is faithful to finish it to the end. All glory to God.

Marques

Marlene

Re: Differences between 'Many Called' and 'Few Chosen'
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 04:16:43 PM »

Amen Marques! What, a humbling experience, when we see that we are nothing without him. I have much to be forgiven . Before, I would beat myself up because I could not overcome my sins. I was trying on my own. Knowing, the truth has made a big difference. Now, I know I can  only rely on him. That, sure does teach one patience. Its a big step when we face the fact that we are nothing without him. Truth really does set you free. Thanks for those scriptures. 

In His Love,
Marlene

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 05:39:47 PM »

Wow Marques!

What an amazing insight.  God be praised.

Patric

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 07:15:07 PM »

Amen....touched and changed my life reading what you wrote and the truth inspired within the scriptures I have fought many times with the many called few are chosen....never understanding what that meant....other then God calls and he chooses only the few....while thinking hey what if I am not good enough to be the chosen.....LOL of course not seeing that if I am not chosen....then I can not force my way into it at all! God chooses....
thy will be done...

Patric

lauriellen

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:07:27 PM »

as i see rays teachings, there is no difference between the called and the chosen, really...they are both doing Gods will as it pertains to them individually. the chosen only believe and understand all the things you stated because it was a gift from God...and the called only believe the things you stated because God hardened their hearts and blinded their eyes and stopped up their ears to the truth....i don't think it is fair to say that unbelievers are going against Gods will, because it is His will that they can't believe in the first place.....the bottom line is God created vessels of honor and vessels of dishonor, and we have no say in the matter.
lauriellen

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 10:34:05 PM »

as i see rays teachings, there is no difference between the called and the chosen, really...they are both doing Gods will as it pertains to them individually. the chosen only believe and understand all the things you stated because it was a gift from God...and the called only believe the things you stated because God hardened their hearts and blinded their eyes and stopped up their ears to the truth....i don't think it is fair to say that unbelievers are going against Gods will, because it is His will that they can't believe in the first place.....the bottom line is God created vessels of honor and vessels of dishonor, and we have no say in the matter.
lauriellen

Hello Lauriellen,

I believe you are confusing God's will with God's intention:

Excerpts from Lake of Fire Part 15-A (http://bible-truths.com/lake15.html):

DIFFERENTIATING BETWEEN GOD’S STATED WILL AND HIS PLAN OR INTENTIONS

Few students of the Scriptures have learned the truth regarding God’s stated WILL and His PLAN or INTENTIONS. They are clearly not one and the same. They operate completely differently for different purposes.

First we should understand that God’s will is used both as a noun and a verb. As a noun, God’s will is virtually synonymous with His GOAL. It is usually not too hard to tell in Scripture whether the word "will" is used as a noun or a verb. In the Scripture we just used to show that things only happen "if God will," it is used as a verb. And whenever God uses His will as a verb, then it absolutely will be fulfilled and carried out at the time and place that He wills it.

If, however, God is speaking of His will as a noun, meaning His ultimate goal, then it does not immediately come about in totality at the place and time that He states it. A perfect example of God’s will as a noun and it not coming to total fruition at the place and time stated, is in what is popularly called "The Lord’s Prayer."

"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heave" (Matt. 6:9-10).

I don’t think too many would argue that God’s kingdom and His will has not totally come to this earth as it is in heaven. This is a goal—it will happen, just not at this time. And so man’s will is almost always at variance with God’s stated will as His ultimate goal for the human race. But God’s day-to-day willing of events to carrying out His plan is never ever contradicted or thwarted by puny man. Paul understood this principle perfectly.

WHO HAS RESISTED GOD’S WILL?

So God has mercy upon whom He will have mercy and whom He wills, He hardens. But when I tell people that this is how God operates, they find fault with it. They say that isn’t fair. They say we are mere puppets if this is the way God operates. How can God blame and punish people for doing what God Himself caused them to do in the first place? The Apostle Paul got the same carnal-minded criticisms of God’s plan:

"You will say then unto me, Why does He [God] yet find fault? For who has resisted His will [Greek: boulema—‘resolve, purpose, a deliberate intention’]?" (Rom. 9:19).

This is an amazing Scripture. This Scripture shows the difference in attitude between those who understand God’s plan and will and those who do not.

After explaining to the Romans that God raised Pharaoh up for a specific purpose in God’s plan, Paul foresees the attitudes of his listeners. They will reason that if God is the One behind our actions, and we are totally incapable of doing other than what He determines we will do, then WHY DOES HE FIND FAULT WITH US WHEN WE SIN?

First it is most important that we look at and understand the word translated "will" in Rom. 9:19. It is not the usually Greek word, which is translated "will" hundreds of times in the New Testament. This Greek word boulema is used but twice in the Bible, here in Rom. 9:19 and in Acts 27:43 where it is translated "purpose."

So the question that Paul is setting up is not "…who has resisted His will?" but rather, "who has resisted His purpose [His plan, His intention]?"

To the question, "…who has resisted His will?" the answer is: EVERYONE! But when properly translated, to the question, "who has resisted His purpose?" the answer is: ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!

God has a will and God has a plan and purpose to reach that will. And no small part of reaching His desired will is to set men against His will, just as He did with Pharaoh. But no one has ever hindered God’s plan and purpose in reaching that goal and stated will. God’s will, will be done in His time.

So back to Paul’s questioners: If God causes us to do what we do, and no one ever has or ever can go against or resist that purpose of God, why does He blame us when we sin? And again, I will let Paul answer, since the question was directed to him. But you know what? Paul does not even deign to answer their question. That’s right, Paul proposes the question and then does not directly answer it. He considers the very question itself too demeaning, if not blasphemous to answer. Instead He says this:

"Nay but, O man, WHO ARE YOU that replies against God? Shall the thing formed [that’s us] say to Him that formed it, [that’s GOD] Why have You made me thus? Has not the Potter [GOD] power over the clay [man], of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?" (Rom. 9:20-21).

I never said anyone resisted God's intentions, only His Will as in His ultimate goal and purpose.

I never said anyone has 'say in the matter', only that it is a wonderful thing that God is doing in our lives. I don't understand how this subject could be confusing, but if you don't see a difference between those God is calling and those He is not, I really don't know what to tell you.

This thread was simply one of encouragement for our fellow brethren, nothing more.

Marques

lauriellen

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 12:09:17 AM »

it is a wonderful thing for the "few chosen".....not so much for the "many called".....
lauriellen

Patric

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 12:26:41 AM »

totally agree....and yet we are accountable and God is responsible for this....that is the part the humbles me the most

Marlene

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 12:42:27 AM »

It is going to be a good thing for all. It sure beats the false teaching of Babylon. At least all will be judged fairly and learn to live righteous. I have never heard such Good News. I have peace, if I am not chosen, I know that God will be a fair judge. I much rather obey now, but then again this wanting to obey all comes from him.

This is truly Good News for all!

In His Love,
Marlene

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 02:03:16 AM »

it is a wonderful thing for the "few chosen".....not so much for the "many called".....
lauriellen
I kind of felt the same way. Used to anyway...

When I think about the lessons, trials and chastisement the "few chosen" have to endure and how we enter the kingdom of God through much tribulation, I realize though I'm blessed to have received this knowledge of truth before the many called, it definitely comes with a price. I am required to follow the footsteps of Jesus and that means MY flesh has to die. This process will not be pleasurable. I'm quite sure if the "many called" really knew the requirements of being a son of God they wouldn't jump at the opportunity, neither would I for that matter, but we have been bought with a price. God does the choosing and places this desire in us because our flesh wouldn't desire it's own crucifixion. So though it is a wonderful thing for the "few chosen" it is also very trying. Who in their right mind wants to jump in the fire first....only the chosen.

In His Will,

Charles 

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 02:38:19 AM »

I have peace, if I am not chosen, I know that God will be a fair judge.

Amen Marlene! And for those of us who have had family members and friends who passed on without ever saying "the sinners prayer"; It is a comforting thing to now know that they too will all get the same equal and fair judgement as the rest of us.
Stacey

lauriellen

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »

thank you charles for your input....you stated it beautifully....i know what you are saying is absolutely true....
for me, i just seem to be living this scripture:

"Rom 9:2  that my grief is great, and a never ceasing pain is in my heart,
Rom 9:3  for I myself was wishing to be a curse from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to flesh,"

but God has a plan, and i trust Him, even though i don't always understand, and i sometimes get discouraged, but His will be done.
lauriellen

Amrhrasach

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 12:50:22 PM »

This thread was simply one of encouragement

Now, in our lives, there is a difference

Indeed.

Gary

G. Driggs

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »

If I may also point out from Scriptures a few more differences between the many and the few, to further encourage you all to continue in the good fight.

Exo 19:3  And Moses went up to God, and Jehovah called to him out of the mountain, saying, You shall say to the house of Jacob, and tell the sons of Israel: (the few)
Exo 19:4  You have seen what I did to the Egyptians (the many), and I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to Myself.
Exo 19:5  And now if you will obey My voice indeed, and keep My covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure to Me above all the nations; for all the earth is Mine.
Exo 19:6  And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words which you shall speak to the sons of Israel.

Rev 3:9  Behold, I give out of those of the synagogue of Satan (the many), those saying themselves to be Jews and are not, but lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.
Rev 3:10  Because you have kept the Word of My patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation which will come upon all the habitable world, to try those who dwell upon the earth.
Rev 3:11  Behold, I come quickly. Hold fast to that which you have, so that no one may take your crown.
Rev 3:12  Him who overcomes I will make him a pillar (priests) in the temple of My God, and he will go out no more. And I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of Heaven from My God, and My new name.

Thank you Marques for the reminder and the encouragement.

Peace, G.Driggs

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 02:19:51 PM »

This thread was simply one of encouragement for our fellow brethren, nothing more.

It was NOT, nothing more, Marques. There were tears of appreciation running down my face after I read your post. THAT is the kind of Post I for one, certainly would benifit from  seeing more of!

With gratitude.

Arc

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 06:08:31 PM »

thank you charles for your input....you stated it beautifully....i know what you are saying is absolutely true....
for me, i just seem to be living this scripture:

"Rom 9:2  that my grief is great, and a never ceasing pain is in my heart,
Rom 9:3  for I myself was wishing to be a curse from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to flesh,"

but God has a plan, and i trust Him, even though i don't always understand, and i sometimes get discouraged, but His will be done.
lauriellen
Lauriellen, IMHO that's the mind of Christ. If we are not looking at the "many called" through the lenses of love, then we are not ready to judge the world. Also if we never desire to bear the burden of another person's wrong doing, how can we consider ourselves disciples of Jesus. Spiritually we desire that every man comes into the knowledge of the truth because that's what God desires, but the path that leads to enlightenment is plagued with those who Blaspheme our God. I totally understand your stance on this because I feel the same way about my "kinsmen according to the flesh". I would love for them to be able to understand the truths of God, but on the flip side God said that He didn't come to bring peace, but a sword. Another example of the difference between God's love and "carnal love".

Lauriellen I see the beauty in your desire. It's kind of like the feeling I had in regards to Satan. Before I understood the truths of God I thought it horrible that Satan was automatically doomed forever. Now I know that God is truly sovereign and everything will be done according to His good counsel.

Stay encouraged and know that God will strengthen you even though it seems discouraging at times. Trust me I know the feeling and I believe you understand as well.

Charles

lauriellen

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 06:30:56 PM »

thank you so much charles....your posts have lifted my spirits in a very profound way....i have really been having a tough week (for reasons that i won't go into here) and i have been very discouraged....but i know that through every trial God draws us into a deeper knowledge of Him, and He always promises a way out....your loving spirit has been my way out this week.....thanks so much,
lauriellen

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 07:00:26 PM »

Amen!!! To know that God is using little ol' me to edify my brothers and sisters is very humbling and shows me even more why God said he would take the base and foolish things of the world to confound the wise. When God uses us we know it's all Him because we feel unworthy, not seasoned or spiritual enough to comfort anybody.

Lauriellen I just read your post titled "Conversations With God" for the first time. What a beautiful post. No matter how many truths God has revealed to me, they never get old. A well of water flowing continually in me. It has been very hard for me too Lauriellen even after receiving and believing life changing truths, but Paul told us to think it not strange when these fiery trials come upon us. I thank God it's all for the purpose of transforming me into His image and not just for the "hell" of it...pun intended.. ;D

Love Ya Sis,

Charles

P.S. Also I thank God for continuing to give you strength given the fact you've endured much within the past couple of years. I don't have to bring it up, but you know what I'm referring to. Know that I am earnestly praying for you..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.