bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christ- the armor of god?  (Read 4906 times)

gallenwalsh

Christ- the armor of god?
« on: March 16, 2010, 04:34:44 PM »

Just from my own reading regarding the Armour of god. it now seems to me that it is CHRIST himself that is the armor of god, and we are instructed to put on Christ. Am I correct in my assumption ? I had asked this question before regarding what is the armor of GOD and was referred to some scriptures and statements from one of Rays papers referring to the armor as something we already posses.Which confuses me a little because if you have the holy spirit of God working in you,( which is CHRIST) it is not something that everyone already possess. Shed some light brothers and sisters.

Marky Mark

Re: Christ- the armor of god?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 06:10:22 PM »

NIV
Eph 6:10-17 Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I would say that without a doubt the Armour of God is Jesus The Christ. The above Scripture speaks volumes.

Peace...Mark

Kat

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 06:44:41 PM »

Hi Gallenwalsh,

Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
v. 11  Put on the whole armor of God ("But put on the Lord JESUS CHRIST" (Rom 13:14)), that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
v. 12  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
v. 13  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
v. 14  Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth ("JESUS SAID to him, "I AM the way, THE TRUTH, and the life" (John 14:6)) having put on the breastplate of righteousness ("Jesus Christ THE RIGHTEOUS" (1John 2:1));
v. 15  and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace(The beginning of the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST, the Son of God" (Mark 1:1));
v. 16  above all, taking the shield of faith (the FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST" (Rom 3:22)) with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
v. 17  And take the helmet of salvation ("but to obtain SALVATION THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST (1Th 5:9)) and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 05:55:25 AM »

This  came to mind as I read your beautifully crafted post Kat :)

Luk 21:36  Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to STAND before the Son of man.

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.