bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is Babylon?  (Read 6347 times)

Kat

What is Babylon?
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:35:55 AM »

These are the different email replies to this question. Plus some article excerpts.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=2488.0 --------------

Ray,

who or what is Mystey, Babolyn the Great

Dear Morgan:
It's the Christian Church across the street; the one down the block, the one across town; in the next town; the ones across the whole country;  and those around the whole world.

http://bible-truths.com/emails.html -----------------------------------------

Now then, Pastor, we have a far larger and far greater and far more evil religion extent in the world today that either Islam or Judaism. Gee, who could they be?

"And the woman [a woman is used symbolically to represent a church in Scripture] was clothed with purple and scarlet, and gilded with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand, brimming with ABOMINATIONS and the UNCLEANNESS of the PROSTITUTION of her and the earth. And on her forehead is written a name:

Secret Babylon the Great the mother of prostitutes and the abominations of the earth" (Rev. 17:4-5).

Now notice Rev. 18:4,

"And I hear another voice out of heaven, saying, 'Come out of her, My people, lest you should be joint participants of her sins, and lest you should be getting of her calamities, for her sins WERE PILED UP TO HEAVEN, and God remembers her injuries."

Do you see that God plead with "HIS PEOPLE" to come out of her?  What great religious system of this earth is God pleading for His people to COME OUT OF?  Islam?  Judaism?  Hinduism?  Confucianism?   Jehovah's Witnesses?  Mormonism? Hardly.

Notice again,

"Hither! I shall be showing you the sentence of the GREAT PROSTITUTE who is sitting on MANY WATERS [peoples and nations], with whom the KINGS OF THE EARTH [this church is not off in a corner some place, she is consuming the very 'KINGS OF THE EARTH'], commit PROSTITUTION [spiritual idolatry], and those dwelling on the earth [that's a lot of people, Pastor, 'THOSE DWELLING ON THE EARTH'] are made DRUNK [spiritually] with the wine of her PROSTITUTION." (Rev. 17:1-2).

What HUGE religion is blanketing the earth like no other religion in the history of the world?

What religion teaches the most hideous and damnable false doctrines far worse than an pagan or heathen religion in the history of the world? 

Which religion teaches that Jesus Christ is NOT THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD, THAT HE WILL NOT SAVE SINNERS, THAT HIS MISSION WILL BE A FAILURE AND A SHAME, AND THAT HE WILL, IN FACT, THROW BILLIONS AND BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF MEN AND WOMEN AND BOYS AND GIRLS INTO A HELLHOLE OF FIRE AND BARBECUE MOST OF HUMANITY FOR ALL ETERNITY WITHOUT HOPE OR WITHOUT MERCY???

Now maybe you are beginning to see where God is going to lay much blame for the darkness of spiritual deception covering the world today.

Hope this helps your understanding a little better.

Thank God there is coming a white throne judgment and lake of purifying FIRE to cleanse the world of all the carnal-minded darkness that mankind has wallowed in for centuries.

May God continue to guide you into His perfect will for your life!

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1348.0.html ---------

John 17:9  "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

Please would you tell me what Jesus could have meant in John 17:9 where He excluded the world in His prayer. Who did he mean to be excluded?

Thank you & bless you
Deborah

Dear Deborah:
Good question.
The "world" represents two entities in Scripture:  [1] The Church, Judaism, the Whore, Mystery Babylon the Great, and [2] The social system of the the nations in general.

Jesus referred to both in John's Gospel account:

"...but be of good cheer; I have overcome the WORLD"  (John 16:33).  What "world?"  Did He overcome China?  Japan?  Indolnesia?  No, Jesus overcame the world of Judaism--"He came unto His own [the Jews] but they received Him NOT," and hence He had to overcome them all the days of his earthly ministry.

But in John 17:24 read, "...for You loved Me before the foundation of the WORLD" is speaking of the whole "kosmos"--the whole system of world governemtns.

Jesus prayed for NEITHER of these two "worlds," as their destiny is solidly fixed by God's divine providence, and therefore prayer would be of no value. Jesus does not pray that His Father's Prophecies should NOT come to pass, and neither do God's Elect pray such nonsense as is parroted daily over the air waves "pray for world peace."  Nonsense. There will be no world peace--God has already decreed it.

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html ---------------------------------

In verse 13 these same ungodly men are called, "RAGING WAVES OF THE SEA…" (Jude 1:13).
"Come hither; I will show you unto you the judgment of the great whore that sits UPON MANY WATERS" (Rev. 17:1). And the "many waters" are defined as, "The waters which you saw, where the whore sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues." (Rev. 17:15)

The whore is a great church, and it sits on a wild beast (a great political system), and John, "…saw a wild beast rise up OUT OF THE SEA (Rev. 13:1). This beast does not rise up out of one particular sea, that is one particular nation or people or multitude or tongue, but out of ALL OF THEM.

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives THE WHOLE WORLD…" (Rev. 12:5).

And the waters on which the whore sits are called, "…peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues." In other words, the whore sits upon ALL THE SEA; ALL THE PEOPLES AND MULTITUDES AND LANGUAGES AND NATIONS OF THE ENTIRE EARTH! And she RIDES the wild beast that came up out of this same great and vast sea of humanity.

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm ------------------------------

Where are "God’s people / My people?’

"And he cried mightily with a strong voice… And I heard another voice from heaven saying COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her SINS, and that ye receive not of her PLAGUES" (Rev. 18:2a & 4).

Who is the "her" that "God’s PEOPLE" are to "COME OUT OF" but "Mystery Babylon the Great, Mother [church] of Harlots [daughter churches] and the ABOMINATIONS of the earth" (Rev. 17:4-6).

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-D.html ---------------------------

GOD’S PEOPLE ARE IN BABYLON

The Church of God is

"in the wilderness."

And this Church has a name:

"MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (Rev. 12:6 & 17:5).

And just where do you suppose that God’s "chosen elect" come from? Why out of Babylon, of course:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues" (Rev. 18:4).

Maybe the biggest single aspect of "coming out of Babylon" is giving up the unscriptural "free will"/"free choice" idol of the heart.

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html ---------------

This same HARLOT system permeates the world today through a huge organization and worldwide work.

"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will show unto you the judgment of the GREAT WHORE that sits upon many waters [not just one city or one people, but MANY WATERS OF NATIONS AND PEOPLES]: With whom the kings of the earth have committed FORNICATION, and the inhabitants of the EARTH [the ENTIRE WORLD!] have been made DRUNK WITH THE WINE OF HER FORNICATION" (Rev. 17:1-2)!

Take another look at what you have just read! According to the Word of God, there is to come (and has already come as we speak) a WORLDWIDE ORGANIZATION that will spread her spiritual whoredom and fornication AROUND THE ENTIRE INHABITED EARTH and will make ALL THE INHABITANTS OF THE EARTH DRUNK on the spiritual intoxicating wine of her doctrine! And what is the name God gives this system of spiritual whoredom? Let’s read it:

"And the woman [woman represents a church in Scripture] WAS ARRAYED IN PURPLE AND SCARLET COLOUR, AND DECKED WITH GOLD AND SILVER AND PRECIOUS STONES AND PEARLS [this church is not poor] and a golden cup in her hand full of ABOMINATIONS AND FILTHINESS OF HER FORNICATION." Gee, sounds like the exact description of the harlot woman in Ezekiel 16, doesn’t it? (Rev. 17:4-5): "And upon her forehead was a name written,

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND
ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH"

This church system is the apex, the zenith, the epitome of ALL THAT IS DECEITFUL, AND WICKED!

IT ALL BEGAN AT BABEL

This world’s counterfeit religious and political systems began at BABEL (Babylon).

"And the whole earth was of one language … they found a plain in the land of Shinar [Iraq--Babylon] … And they said, Go to, let us build us a CITY and a tower … and let us make us a NAME, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the WHOLE EARTH … And the Lord came down to see the city … Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language … So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the FACE OF ALL THE EARTHY…" (Gen. 11:1-9).

http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html ------------------------

The Great Church in Revelation is called:

"Mystery BABYLON THE GREAT, The Mother of harlots, and abominations of the earth" (Rev. 17:5).

This great church decidedly does NOT spiritually dwell in the heavens, but is ‘of the earth, earthy.’ This great church is built upon the spiritual sand of this world’s doctrines. And being built on sand, SHE WILL FALL:

"And there followed another angel, saying Babylon IS FALLEN, IS FALLEN, that great city [‘For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to Jerusalem which now is and is in bondage with her children’ Gal. 4:25], because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication" (Rev. 14:08).

And this…

"And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great IS FALLEN, IS FALLEN, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities" (Rev. 18:5).

And so, dear reader, if you have built your spiritual house upon the sand of this world’s great Church, you are warned to COME OUT OF HER, because she is going to fall, and "GREAT will be the fall of it."

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:44:03 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.