bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: meditate on the law ?  (Read 5811 times)

gallenwalsh

meditate on the law ?
« on: May 02, 2010, 01:10:12 AM »

Should we be meditating on the law, or just led by the spirit which is Christ who is the embodiment and fulfillment of the whole law.

Roy Martin

Re: meditate on the law ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 09:28:48 AM »

Hi gallenwalsh,
 I rely entirely on the spirit to lead me. Its not a free choice thing. I never consider the law.

Peace
Roy

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »

Should we be meditating on the law, or just led by the spirit which is Christ who is the embodiment and fulfillment of the whole law.

CEV
Heb 10:1  The Law of Moses is like a shadow of the good things to come. This shadow isn't the good things themselves, because it cannot free people from sin by the sacrifices that are offered year after year.
Heb 10:2  If there were worshipers who already have their sins washed away and their consciences made clear, there would not be any need to go on offering sacrifices.
Heb 10:3  But the blood of bulls and goats cannot take away sins. It only reminds people of their sins from one year to the next.
Heb 10:4  (SEE 10:3)
Heb 10:5  When Christ came into the world, he said to God, "Sacrifices and offerings are not what you want, but you have given me my body.
Heb 10:6  No, you are not pleased with animal sacrifices and offerings for sin."
Heb 10:7  Then Christ said, "And so, my God, I have come to do what you want, as the Scriptures say."
Heb 10:8  The Law teaches that offerings and sacrifices must be made because of sin. But why did Christ mention these things and say that God did not want them?
Heb 10:9  Well, it was to do away with offerings and sacrifices and to replace them. That is what he meant by saying to God, "I have come to do what you want."
Heb 10:10  So we are made holy because Christ obeyed God and offered himself once for all.
Heb 10:11  The priests do their work each day, and they keep on offering sacrifices that can never take away sins.
Heb 10:12  But Christ offered himself as a sacrifice that is good forever. Now he is sitting at God's right side,
Heb 10:13  and he will stay there until his enemies are put under his power.
Heb 10:14  By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.
Heb 10:15  The Holy Spirit also speaks of this by telling us that the Lord said,
Heb 10:16  "When the time comes, I will make an agreement with them. I will write my laws on their minds and hearts.
Heb 10:17  Then I will forget about their sins and no longer remember their evil deeds."
Heb 10:18  When sins are forgiven, there is no more need to offer sacrifices.
Heb 10:19  My friends, the blood of Jesus gives us courage to enter the most holy place
Heb 10:20  by a new way that leads to life! And this way takes us through the curtain that is Christ himself.
Heb 10:21  We have a great high priest who is in charge of God's house.

Peace...Mark

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 01:48:54 PM »

Paul said, "We know the Law is Spiritual."  Could be we just don't know what the Law is--what it is good for, what it is NOT good for, why, and by whom it is given, and myriad other things about and concerning the Law.  Some of these answers are counter-intuitive and I don't know of a church anywhere that teaches them, no matter which end of the 'spectrum' you seem to be implying here they belong on.  We can't know all these things about the Law without the New Covenant.  And the New Covenant is not in accordance with the Old.  As Ray puts it, the New Covenant is NOT keeping the Old Covenant better.

Further, we may not understand very much about the Law while also not understanding very much about being led by the Spirit.  To describe something as 'spiritual' does not mean that it is godly or holy, morally upright or good.  There is 'spiritual wickedness in high places'.  The root of Sin is spiritual.  There are imitations of every 'fruit of the Spirit' and every 'gift of the Spirit'.   

Fully understood, the two are not mutually exclusive.  I can't make you fully understand because 1.  I know I don't fully understand, 2. the forum is not the place for the kind of time-consuming deep learning required to pull all the various truth(s) taught at B-T into a whole, and 3.  I don't believe it's possible to communicate Spirit between people.  The Lord will take what you learn and make it meaningful.   

So my short answer is:  do neither legalist nor pentacostal.  Come out of her, My people.      

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:05:36 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »

Marky Mark: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11760.msg101657.html#msg101657

Dave in Tenn: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11760.msg101658.html#msg101658

Ditto Marky Mark and Dave.

Hi gallenwalsh,

What do The Scripture Say?

Gal 5:14-18 (MKJV)
14  For all the Law is fulfilled in one word, even in this, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

15  But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you are not consumed by one another.
16  I say, then, Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

17  For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. And these are contrary to one another; lest whatever you may will, these things you do.

18  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

george :).

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 09:38:39 AM »

Hi G. Walsh

Thank you for your question.

Should we be meditating on the law,

There are 1,050 New Testament commands of what we should abstain from, things to ask, things to be awake to, things to be, not to be, to believe, to not believe, to beware of, to bless, to cast away, to not cast away, to charge, to comfort, to consider, to continue in, to covet, to do, to not do, to endure, to fear, to not fear, to feed, to flee from, to follow, to whom to give, to whom not to give, what to give, what not to give, how to give, blessings promised for giving, where and how to go,  what to have, hold, honor, keep, lay aside, let, not to let, ways to live, love, not to love, to pray, ways to pray, things to prove, put away, put off, put on, things to rebuke, ways to rebuke, to rejoice, things to rejoice in, things to remember, to seek, to stand fast, things to stand fast with, to stand in, to think on, the way to think, to submit, to take, to take heed, and then you have the Thou Shalt’s and Thou Shalt not’s, ways to not walk, things to walk in and of course there are those miscellaneous commands of what to abhor, admit, admonish, agree with allow, eat, edify, examine, exhort, fight, forgive, speak, study, sing, strengthen, support and see to…..etc!

As Ray shows and brings to focus through his writings,……… it is all ONE.

Can we or you do any of the commands as Christ is, does and has fulfilled without His Spirit? No.

What this means is that when we are as Christ is, ONLY THEN shall we DO, BE and FULFILL all the commands as Jesus Christ Himself does and HAS FULFILLED WITH FLAWLESS PURE PERFECTION!

Until then, sure,  we can take any one or all the commands and give it our best shot.  :D

Should we give it our best shot? Only if God makes us, causes us and gives us the experience of so doing to show us that without Him we achieve nothing always everywhere in everything.

So should we …any of the 1050 commands….should we? Yes. Can we? No. Will we? Yes. When? Once God has perfected His Work in us to form us into the image of His Perfect Son Jesus Christ.

Arc

Re: How did you leave Babylon?
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 02:28:52 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember that Bablyon is also within.  You will always be coming out of Bablyon.  Religion, the church system, politics, etc are all a physical shadow of the bablyon within.  It is to remind us not to "reason with our own understanding" which is man's way, but to "trust God with all of your heart".  When we start reasoning out something in our lives remember that "God's ways are not our ways", so just "cast your cares on Him because he cares for you".

That ol man, that first Adam, that Essau in us will continue to make us want to go back into Bablyon all the days of this age.

"Don't be afraid.  Only believe."

CIY
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:52:31 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.