bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arrogant  (Read 5608 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Arrogant
« on: July 23, 2010, 08:34:02 AM »

Ray,

Why do you put your name at the very top of your webpage and then scold people for calling your tone arrogant?  Your very response to these people proves their concern.  "Give me a quote!  Show me one quote!  You can't, can you?!" (not your quote but one I made up as a generalization).....followed by "You should examine your own arrogance, nameless!"  (another generalization).  Rather than actually respond, you get defensive - which is a trademark of arrogance.  I know, because I'm one of them.

There is a difference between tough love and arrogance.  I see no love in this webpage anymore, if I ever saw it I'm not sure.  It seems only a place for your critiques.  You proving how someone else is wrong and you are right.  And you are not right.  You get a lot of it wrong.  Join the boat.

~Nicholas

Dear Nicholas:
You ask:  "Why do you put your name at the very top of your webpage...?"
The reason is, so that people know WHO it is who is writing this material.
And where did I ever come up with such an "unscriptural piece of ARROGANCE?"
Well, like everything of any consequence that I believe or teach, I got it from the Scriptures:

Paul's name is always used when his words are recorded in Scriptures.  Perhaps it is not I
that you find detestable, but rather the message that I deliver:

Act 13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake
against those things which were spoken by PAUL, contradicting and blaspheming.

But Paul wouldn't put his name on EVERYTHING, or at the VERY TOP of his writings, would he?

Rom 1:1 PAUL, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle....
1Co 1:1 PAUL, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God....

2Co 1:1 PAUL, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy....

Gal 1:1 PAUL, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ....

Eph 1:1 PAUL, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God....

Php 1:1 PAUL and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ....

Col 1:1 PAUL, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God....

Th 1:1 PAUL, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians....

2Th 1:1 PAUL, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians....

1Ti 1:1 PAUL, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour....

2Ti 1:1 PAUL, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God....

Tit 1:1 PAUL, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ....

Phm 1:1 PAUL, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy....

Don't you just hate the Scriptures when they make a fool out of your "arrogance?"
Ya know, Paul often did something else that I don't do--He not only opened every
letter with his name ("at the VERY top), but he sometimes closed with his name ("at the
VERY bottom"):

1Co 16:21 The salutation of me PAUL with mine own hand.

Col 4:18 The salutation by the hand of me PAUL.

2Th 3:17 The salutation of PAUL with mine own hand....

Phm 1:19 I PAUL have written it with mine own hand....

Now before I answer the "arrogance" part of your email, I would like to see your
condemnation of Paul for HIS "arrogance" in using his name "at the very top"?

You state:  "Rather than actually respond, you get defensive - which is a trademark of arrogance."

COMMENT:  Oh but I do respond.  And I am never "defensive," but rather I am always "offensive."

If you look a little closer, you will see that even my "defense" of the Scriptures is done in "offensive"
tones.  It's hard to put me on the defensive.  And where oh where do you think I got that from:

Mat 15:2-3 Why do YOUR disciples transgress the tradition of the elders?

And how did Jesus answer these condemning, two-faced, lying religious hypocrites?
Did Jesus "rather than actually respond, get defensive--which is a trademark of [Christ's] arrogance?"
Jesus' response:  "Why do YOU also transgress the commandments of God by YOUR tradition?

Don't you just hate it when the Scriptures do that to your intellectual vanity?
Jesus OFTEN "critiqued" the damnable heresies of the Scribes and Pharisees (perhaps read Matt. 23).
Did Jesus not critique the Pharisees the way He did to "prove that He was RIGHT and they were WRONG?"

No hard fellings, Nicholas, but...grow up.

God be with you,

Ray

PS   I noticed that after you wrote:  "Give me a quote!  Show me one quote!  You can't, can you?"
You did not "actually respond."  Why is that?  I make those statements to show people that they
CAN'T give a quote or two Scriptures to prove what I say wrong, and apparently neither could you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.