bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Jesus name???  (Read 11926 times)

Ian 155

Re: In Jesus name???
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 04:54:25 AM »

to go back to the original question is the only way to the father, thru the Son [in prayer]

the other example is Our Father who art ...I have a feeling this may be an interesting question after all

Gina

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 05:02:53 AM »

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  John 14:6

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.  John 14:23

Pray and obey.  But you can only do that as God grants you the ability. 

"God, grant me the ability to..."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:05:58 AM by Gina »

jong

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »

1. Our Father who art in Heaven,
2. Hallowed be Thy name.
3. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done.
4. On earth as in heaven.
5. Give us this day our daily bread,
6. Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
7. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
8. For thine is the kingdom, the power & the glory, now & forever.

Jesus himself gave us insights into the right prayer elements.
1 We acknowledge God as our spiritual Father.
2 We praise Him/His name/His person
3/4 We look forward to His kingdom & acknowledge His will reigns supreme on earth & in heaven.
5. We ask for physical necessities for today. (not tomorrow or next week. Jesus always taught not to worry for the future)
6. We seek forgiveness & to forgive others (we pray for others, especially those who have hurt us)
7. We acknowledge God does both good & evil. He can lead us into temptation to sin and can also deliver us from sin.  We can only ask for His tender loving kindness & tender mercies when dealing with us according to His will.
8. In closing, we praise Him again, for now & for the aeons to come.

Blessings,
jong

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 08:56:10 AM »

to go back to the original question is the only way to the father, thru the Son [in prayer]

the other example is Our Father who art ...I have a feeling this may be an interesting question after all

I suggest everyone wait for Ray to finish his paper that touches on this subject. I don't know how long until its done.

santgem

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 07:54:37 AM »

The same comment i made....

Stephen plainly prayed to (resurrected) Jesus.

And they stoned Stephen, calling upon [God], and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. Act 7:59

And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. Act 7:60

The Lord Knows our heart.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 01:02:27 AM »

I agree with each and every post on this tread. Wow, Imagine how cool would be also to have this kind of sharing things with

one mind at one physical place; probably very close to right now; maybe with even greater emotions and fellowship
appreciation.  I pray for another conferece for this present year. (If God's will).

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 03:28:54 AM »

like your prayer request moises!  a conference with ray at the helm, guided by the winds of the Holy Spirit, would be so sweet.  so very sweet.  if not this year, maybe next.  but, i stand with you in prayer to our LORD and Creator, that there be a conference, or a furtherance of his teachings in bible study in ray's very own home.  how sweet would that be?!!!

claudia
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.