bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What was Ray's teaching that followed the one on repentance.  (Read 4118 times)

wordsmaker

What was Ray's teaching that followed the one on repentance.
« on: September 03, 2013, 11:51:35 PM »

I just listened to Ray's teaching on repentance.  What was the one he did right after this one?  In the last part of this he talked about giving us a better perspective because we’ve only lived in our shoes and not in others.  He said he's do that on the next teaching.  Here's a link for the teaching that I just watched:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YW0HxP_r_U

Thanks for your help with this.

carl

wordsmaker

Re: What was Ray's teaching that followed the one on repentance.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 12:11:05 PM »

Thanks for answering.  But I've heard this teaching and I don't think that it's the one he's talking about at the end of this teaching on Youtube   
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YW0HxP_r_U
he makes this statement:

“When you repent of all the wrong things that you have done, you have not yet repented of all that needs to be repented of.  So tomorrow I’m going to show you what we all need to repent of.”

It could be that i'm asking a repeat of the question I asked a couple of weeks ago because I've watched a lot of his teachings and maybe he's saying that this, "Guilty of All" is where he explains, "what we all need to repent of."  If so, i'm sorry for asking the same thing again. 

Kat

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 02:15:25 PM »

Hi Carl,

Yes there are a lot of articles, videos, audios and transcripts and it is hard to keep it all straight.

I just listened to Ray's teaching on repentance.  What was the one he did right after this one?  In the last part of this he talked about giving us a better perspective because we’ve only lived in our shoes and not in others.  He said he's do that on the next teaching.

The next teaching after 'Repentance' is "Guilty of All." Here is a couple of excerpts that I think will help with your question.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.0.html --------

What I want you to see today is, that you are no better than this Hansan guy [when the audio began Ray was already talking about this guy] who killed and raped these little children. You're no better. Now I know you didn’t do it, but you are no better. That might be hard to believe, but I am going to try and show it to you.
v

Now in Rom. 2 I had trouble understanding a couple of these verses for a long time.

Rom 2:1  Therefore you have no excuse, O man… 

Do you know what Paul had in mind when he said “O man?”  He’s talking about the carnal of the carnal, he’s talking about humanity in the world, about total uncovering, total carnality.  O man, you know he uses that phrase again in Romans 9.

Rom. 9:20  But who are you, O man, that answers against God,

See? God can form man anyway He wants to "who are you O man."

Rom 2:1  Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself…

Is this beam and speck start clearing up a little bit now?   

Rom 2:1 …for you who judge practice the same things…

You know it only appears that you see a beam in your brother's eye, but if you could see clearly instead of that speck or mote, you would see that he too has a beam in his own eye. But you can’t judge him with a beam in your eye. You can’t even see what his faults are, for crying out loud, you have so many yourself. But this is what always got me.

Rom 2:1 …for you who judge practice the same things.

CORRUPT MANKIND

Isn’t it easy to condemn this Hansan guy for killing and raping these little children. Isn’t it easy to almost want to spit in his face. Isn’t it easy.

This says, "for you to judge you do the same thing."  Oh come on, I never raped or killed any little children, has any body else here? None of you have done that. But it says...

Rom 2:1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; you judge another you do the same things.
v. 2  But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
v. 3  And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?

Twice he mentions it, “You judge another you do the same things.” How can this be? I mean come on, I never raped a child, how can this be? Alright let’s go back to chapter 1.

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of MEN…

That word "men" means humans, human kind or mankind, you could almost put the human race there.
v

Rom 1:27  Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
v. 28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind (a mind void of judgment), to do those things which are not fitting;
v. 29  being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
v. 30  backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
v. 31  undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;

I mean what else can you add to this? There’s nothing else that you can add to this. Paul knew what he was doing when he went on and on and on, he knew what he was doing. He’s talking about you, "O man!"

Rom 1:32  who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things, are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
Rom 2:1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

What "same things?" All of this filth! Well some might say I didn’t see child molesters in there, and it didn’t say how old these women and these men were. Don’t think they’re not in there, there in there.
v

God makes vessels of honor and dishonor. He makes vessels of dishonor and then has mercy on the other vessels. Some He hardens and some He has mercy on. He has had mercy on everybody in this room. If you have never killed anybody or molested children or done any of these horrendous things. He has great mercy on your life. Now we need to be thankful for that and not assume we don’t have very much to repent of. We have to repent of what? "O man," that’s what we have to repent of.

Whatever "O man" is. That’s what we are, because "O man" is Adam. "O man" came out of Adam.  Where did you come from, some place else? We’re all out of Adam. What does Adam do? "Being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters" and on and on (Rom 1:29-31). Wow! This is "O man" out of Adam. This is what he does and only by the grace of God, some of us didn’t have to go that route.
------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

wordsmaker

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 05:01:48 PM »

Thanks Kat!  I just read what you sent and i'm sure that it's what Ray was talking about.  I've listen to a lot of his teachings and I was confused about that.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.