bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If all (People in the world) at the end of the day are going to be saved, what  (Read 6308 times)

Ian 155

   If all (People in the world) at the end of the day are going to be saved, what was the need for Christ?

This was put to me today - what do you Guys Gals say??

Along with

   What is the purpose of Judgement in this world?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:57:15 AM by Ian 155 »

rickylittleton

This is an on going question that people are asking me all the time, and I must explain to them that's it's not a free ride! People are not just going to walk into the kingdom of God after living any kind of way. There is a judgement after death, and mankind will be judged for what they did while in this body. This judgement  includes the lake of fire that will purge out all that is not like Jesus!

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member

   If all (People in the world) at the end of the day are going to be saved, what was the need for Christ?

This was put to me today - what do you Guys Gals say??

Along with

   What is the purpose of Judgement in this world?

Maybe I'm a little dense here but.... um... Its only Because of Christ that the whole world can and will be saved. So what do they mean, what is the need for Christ?
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Ian 155

seems It is a "God will only save born again spirit filled" not anyone else type of question ...if we are all going to heaven did christ die i think..

se7en

Ian,

I think your right. It's one of those types of questions... "Well, if we are all going to be saved, then why Christ?"

Most don't understand that it is THROUGH Christ that ALL will be saved. No if's and's or buts about it :)   

And even fewer understand that Christ saves them through the process of fire entering into them, burning the chaff out and destroying the carnal old man within them, to birth the new man.  This is a continuous process that takes time and will happen to each person in their own age, when God has appointed them to go through it.

There is no "ten second sinners prayer" and no, "one and done" to it. It's a continous age lasting process as God trains His people in righteousness. We fall to the left, we fall to the right... God corrects us, dusts us off and keeps us going. Even the falling to the left and right are all His work in us so that we are trained in the narrow way.

The fire will come to them now... or later. But there is no going around it or avoiding it. That is the purpose of judgement... to be trained in righteousness.

We of ourselves can do nothing. It's all His Word, His Work within us that does the training/judging and correcting.  I die daily.

I hope that helps!
~Se7en

lilitalienboi16

seems It is a "God will only save born again spirit filled" not anyone else type of question ...if we are all going to heaven did christ die i think..

Huh?

We are not "all going to heaven," and not even the elect would be saved if it were not for Christ's death.

"While we were yet sinners, Christ DIED FOR US" (Rom. 5:8 & I Thes. 5:10).

"Christ DIED FOR OUR SINS according to the Scriptures" (I Cor. 15:3).

"For to this end Christ BOTH DIED, AND ROSE, AND REVIVED [lived again], that He might be Lord both of the DEAD AND LIVING" (Rom. 14:9).

"For in that He died, HE DIED UNTO SIN" (Rom. 6:10).

"Christ DIED FOR THE UNGODLY" (Rom. 5:6).

"But God commends His love toward us, in that, while we were YET SINNERS, Christ DIED FOR US" (Rom. 5:8)."

"For asmuch then as Christ HAS SUFFERED FOR US" (I Pet. 4:1).

"Christ also SUFFERED FOR US, leaving us an example ['yet learned He OBEDIENCE by the things which HE SUFFERED' Heb. 5:8], that ye should follow His steps [of SUFFERING]" (I Pet. 2:21).

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father SENT THE SON [commissioned Him] TO BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD" (I John 4:14). 

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we TRUST in the Living God, Who is THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN, SPECIALLY of those that believe" (I Tim. 4:10).

Christ also came so that we might know God, He declared the Father unto us...

John 1:18" No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

Colossians 1:14-15 "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:"

Ultimately it will be the death of Christ and the love of God shown through this death that will redeem us... the "redemption through his blood..."

"For the love of Christ constrains us; because we thus judge, that if One died for ALL, then were all dead: and that He DIED FOR ALL, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but UNTO HIM which died for them, and rose again" (II Thes. 5:14-15).

2 Corinthians 5:21 "For he hath made him to be a sin offering for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

Romans 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

1 Cor 1:30 "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God IS MADE UNTO US wisdom, and RIGHTEOUSNESS, and sanctification, and redemption:"

I mean... there are so many scriptures on this  I Just don't understand what the question is really? Without Christ... we are nothing. We are a most miserable lot.

1 Corinthians 15:14-17 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Christ, the Word of God, is everything. The whole scripture come back to Him. You can't escape Him... so what do you mean, why did Christ die???

In Christ,
Alex
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:53:44 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

I think that most Christians do not believe that they are going to be dead when they die... so they see no need for a resurrection of the dead or at least they can't figure out how that works anyway. Saying there is no hell and all will enter the kingdom in the next age just confuses them more, because to them that is judgment.

They all do believe that Christ was raised from the dead, but it is critical to understand that He was the firstfruit, our forerunner in that and that is our only hope to live again.

1Co 15:12  Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
v. 13  But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.
v. 14  And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.
v. 15  Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.
v. 16  For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.
v. 17  And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!
v. 18  Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
v. 19  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.
v. 20  But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
v. 21  For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.
v. 22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
v. 23  But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. (

This is primary to understand that they lack! First there must be the resurrection of the dead and then comes the second death judgment of the world, which will bring them to repentance and eventually righteousness. Then we can all live together happily ever after  :) But first...

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and Him (Jesus Christ) who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
v. 12  And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life (Jesus Christ). And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
v. 13  The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
v. 14  Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
v. 15  And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

If all (People in the world) at the end of the day are going to be saved, what was the need for Christ?

All depends on Jesus Christ! He is God over this creation! By Him everything consist, without Him there is nothing!

Col 1:13  He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
v. 14  in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
v. 15  He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
v. 16  For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
v. 17  And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
v. 18  And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
v. 19  For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,
v. 20  and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

Ray's words from the emails provided are in blue.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3460.msg25787.html#msg25787

Dear Stella:
    I really marvel that anyone would ask this questions, yet hundreds of asked it and continue to ask it regularly. The question should rather be:  "If most people are NOT saved from some eternal hellhole of torture, then WHY did Jesus have to die to be a Saviour to billions of people who will never be saved?  That should be the obvious question.
    The answer, however, to your question is, it is ONLY by means of Jesus' sacrifice and sin Offering for our sins that ANYONE could ever be saved, and it is by the same means that ALL WILL BE SAVED.

ALL HAVE SINNED, and Jesus DIED FOR THE SINS OF "ALL" THE WORLD (I John 2:2).
    The wages of sin is DEATH, and therefore Jesus will ABOLISH DEATH (I Cor. 15:26), so that ALL MAY BE SAVED (I Tim. 2:4) seeing that He gave Himself a ransom FOR ALL (Ver. 6), but this ransom will be testified only, "in DUE TIME." This age is NOT the time for the salvation of all. This is "a" day of salvation, but not "the" day or only day of salvation. See my HELL Part D to be posted next month for all the details of this and much much more.
    God be with you,
    Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,13793.msg121614.html#msg121614

Okay, Cheryl, I will try to answer your question which was: QUESTION IF HELL ISN'T REAL THEN WHY DID GOD SEND HIS SON TO SAVE US FROM DEATH AND OUR SINS?

First, your question is incoherent.  That is, it doesn't make sense, and it contradicts itself.  What if we turn your question around and ask:  "If hell IS real, then why did God send His Son to save us from death and our sins?"  You see, whether there is or is not a hell has absolutely NOTHING to do with why Jesus died for our sins.  Jesus Christ "died for our sins," we are told in Scripture.

We are NOWHERE told that Jesus died for our sins to SAVE US FROM HELL.  Where is there such a Scripture? There is none.  When will we stop parroting pagan Christian doctrines and start believing the Bible?  The world of Christendom would have us believe that "The wages of sin is LIFE in an eternal HELL OF FIRE."

Where do the Scriptures teach such nonsense?  Now then, will you believe the Scriptures?  If I show you what the Scriptures really say about the wages of sin, will you believe it?

Okay, here it is:

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin IS DEATH ; but the gift of God is  ETERNAL LIFE  through Jesus Christ our Lord.

There it is.  What is the "WAGES" of sin?  There is no "gift" for sin, there is only "WAGES" for sin.  So what IS the "wages" of sin, is it "eternal LIFE?"  or "DEATH?"  Well we just read it, the "wages of sin is DEATH"--not eternal LIFE  in hell.  Where does one get "eternal LIFE?"  Why it is "THE GIFT OF God...through Jesus Christ our Lord."

There it is, but will you believe it?  Yes, Christ died for our sins, but not to save us from eternal "LIFE" (in some Egyptian pagan terrorist hellhole of eternal pain and suffering in fire). "Eternal LIFE" is a gift, not a punishment for sin. 

So there is one great and Biblical answer to your question. There are many many more, but I don't have to time to go through them, and if one will not believe one absolute Biblical proof that there is no eternal hell of torture, then that person will not believe a dozen Biblical proofs. Study my paper. There are dozens and dozens of Scriptural answers as to why there is no such thing as a eternal torture chamber for most of the human race of God's children. May God grant to you the wisdom to see these simple and profound truths of the Bible.

God be with you,

Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1811.msg15120.html#msg15120

Dear Mike:
I don't like to play "let's suppose" or "what if" with the Truths of God.  What if Christ had not lived a sinless life, then would the Son of God also be tortured eternally in a lake of fire?

If there never was a Christ to die for mankind and the sins of the world, then when all sinners die, they would REMAIN DEAD!  Seeing that "the wages of sin is DEATH" (Rom. 6:23), NOT "eternal torture in a lake of fire."

But the Truth is that God does not desire that any shall be annihilated OR be tortured eternally in fire.  That is why Jesus DID live a sinless life and die for mankind, and in Judgment all manking WILL be taught righteousness and godliness.

God be with you,
Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2776.msg20562.html#msg20562

Dear Tim:
No, Tim, you have it all backwards: "If there IS a hell, THEN why would Jesus need to die?"
That's the question.  If there IS a hell and He died to save humanity from hell, but they STILL
go to hell, what in hell good was it that He died?  And where do you read that the lake of fire
was created for "Satan and his demons?"  Show me that Scripture? "...Depart from me, you cursed, into eonian [age-abiding] fire prepared for the devil and his ANGELS [Gk: 'messengers']"  (Matt. 25:41).  And just who are Satan's messengers?  Why there are the two-faced lying hypocrites and blasphemers who teach that God is going to torture most of humanity in an eternal hellhole of pain and misery, rather than save them, as His Word plainly states (I Tim. 2:4; 4:10; Phil. 2:9-11; I John 4:14; 2:2, etc., etc.).

Tim:  We have NO free will. Read my four-part series on "The Myth of Free Will Exposed," wherein I have 120 pages of Scriptural proof that man has no such thing as the phantom of "free" will.
God be with you,
Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,13736.msg120872.html#msg120872

Here is the conclusion to the whole matter:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death ? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death : that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection : "Knowing this, that our old man is CRUCIFIED   [put to DEATH]  with Him , that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin . FOR HE THAT IS DEAD IS FREED FROM SIN .

COMMENT:  Notice that it only through "death" that the sinner is freed from his sin.  Christ had to DIE, and we have to DIE.  We are "reckoned" to be death in baptism and we are "reckoned" to be alive, all through Christ.

"Now if we be DEAD with Christ , we believe that we shall also live with Him:  Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dies no more; death hath no more dominion over Him.  For in that He died, He died unto sin once: but in that He lives, He lives unto God.  Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin , but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.  Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead , and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace " ( Rom. 6:3-14).

The answer to both sin and the sinner is "death."  The only way to save the sinner is to get the sin out of the sinner.  If sin could not be gotten out of the sinner, Jesus would never have died for him.  "The wages of sin is death" ( Rom. 6:23).  Jesus did not die to save sinners along WITH their sins.  There will be no sinners in the kingdom of God .  When all the sins and sinners that God now hates are cleansed of their sins, each will be a UNIQUE TREASURE to God that He will love and lavish for all eternity!

Ray

Lastly..........

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11609.msg100484.html#msg100484

If there is no hell, why do we need a savior?
If there is no hell, why should I be good?

There is no Scripture that states that Jesus came to save people from HELL!!!

There are, however, hundreds of Scriptures telling us what God is and will save people from.

Jesus came to SAVE SINNERS! And Paul tells us that "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  So what? Well, for one thing, "The wages of sin is DEATH." Death is a real enemy from which we all then need saving! (See I Cor. 15:26).  Christ was crucified and then raised from the dead that our sins might be forgiven and that we might have LIFE.  People will be resurrected from THE DEAD, not from life in an eternal hellhole of suffering. 

There is much else that God saves us from: sin, immorality, prejudice, carnality, hatred, stupidity, arrogance, weakness, disease, fear, pain, suffering, darkness, futility, boredom, lust, pride, ignorance, foolishness, heartache, and a thousand other things from which we all need SAVING!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christ died because He loves humanity and all humanity has sinned and the wages of sin is DEATH!  Christ died for SINNERS, not for HELL!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the very nature of things, some things require time and circumstances to develop. Example: Patience. By its very definition is not something that can be instantaneously created. Understand?

Furthermore, there are no qualities or virtues that are not the result of overcoming some form of evil or adversity. Since God wants sons who possess the very qualities of character to He Himself possesses, God creates the circumstances of life necessary to produce godly character.

Of course there is a purpose for our lives. We are all living out that purpose whether we are believers or unbelievers. God has a purpose for BOTH! See Romans 9:20-24. God is calling certain ones now to salvation. He will use those whom He calls in bringing ALL into repentance and salvation later. See I Cor. 15:26-28.

Many ask the same question as you have. It is not a well-conceived question, however.

Think about your question for a moment and you will see how illogical a thought it is.

Suppose your were trapped in a burning building--would you consider this something to be saved from? Good.

Now suppose there are two hundred other people trapped in that same burning building. Would you not consider that they ALSO need, desire, and DESERVE to be saved? Good.

Now since you are "trapped" and cannot save yourself, there are experienced FIREMEN on the way to save you. (Apparently 'firemen' have more of a love for humanity than the god of Christianity does). But, as these firemen are approaching the building to SAVE EVERYONE, you have a question: "I am a bit confused as to WHY all these people trapped in this burning building NEED TO BE SAVED, if it is all up to the FIREMEN to save them?"

So seriously (don't be offended now), does you question make even a lick of sense? Of course not! Just as the trapped people in the burning building CANNOT SAVE THEMSELVES, but will need the experience of trained firemen to save them, likewise, we CANNOT SAVE OURSELVES from our SINS AND OUR INHERITED MORTALITY! But GOD JESUS CHRIST HAS BEEN TRAINED AND IS EXPERIENCED AT SAVING PEOPLE WHO CANNOT SAVE THEMSELVES! God will not leave most of His children in some burning building or hellhole of fire for all eternity without rescuing them!

God WILLS that ALL mankind be SAVED (I Tim. 2:4).

Thy WILL BE DONE (Matt. 6:10).

GOD IS LOVE (John 4:08).

LOVE NEVER FAILS (I Cor. 13:08).

Thank you for your comments.  I appreciate a person who can stand up for what they believe. Listen, Sarah, you've got it wrong, however, I never said, insinuated, nor do I for one second, believe that God loves ME more than He loves YOU. Actually, Sarah, this the the MAIN PROBLEM with Dr. Kennedy and Mr. Hagee in their teaching! They believe and fiercely teach, that God only TRULY loves a VERY FEW of His creatures, seeing that He absolutely has (according to their teachings), predetermined that MOST OF HUMANITY will be TORTURED IN SOME HELLHOLE OF REAL FIRE FOR ETERNITY!

Now Sarah, bear with me.  I realize that I am not a man of soft, pious, self-righteous, words, I tell it like it is, but...BUT, to suggest that God created the human race KNOWING that He ABSOLUTELY WOULD, in the end, TORTURE, WITH FIRE, the MAJORITY OF HUMANITY, FOR ALL ETERNITY pales my language into nothingness by comparison.

Sarah, not only is this teaching of Dr. Kennedy and Mr. Hagee, UNSCRIPTURAL, it is by far the most EVIL CONCEPT TO EVER ENTER THE MIND OF MAN OR DEMON!!!

There is nothing, I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, that could even begin to compare with this evil teaching if ever it were true. Sarah, use your God-given mind, spirit, and NATURAL AFFECTION to consider the enormity of this evil, unscriptural heresy.

Consider for a moment, the World Trade Center disaster. I witnessed the whole thing live and in living color. I was shocked beyond words. While I was watching, I was calling all over the country to friends to be sure they were watching too. Now, Sarah, when the last tower collapsed, did you not realize, at least for 99% of the people in the towers, that their fear, pain and suffering was at last OVER? Now it was time for the living, who witnessed this horror, TO SUFFER, and to contemplate what we had just witnessed!

But NO! There's MORE! Enter the world of CHRISTENDOM! You see, Sarah, according to Kennedy and Hagee, when the planes EXPLODED, and the buildings EXPLODED, and the towers COLLAPSED, it was not the END for all those who were 'unbelievers,' IT WAS BUT THE BEGINNING... of an ETERNITY... of EVEN WORSE PAIN, FEAR, TERROR, HORROR, SUFFERING, AND HOPELESSNESS, not for just a few minutes or hours, but for ALL ETERNITY, and Mr. Hagee shouts, "It's JUSTICE!" And Dr. Kennedy shouts, "Hell is FAIR!" And I say, along with the Scriptures, that this teaching FAR EXCEEDS THE DEEPEST INSANITY!!!

According to Christendom's 'eternal torment' theory, the unbelievers in those TWA Jets and twin towers, and the Pentagon will never stop EXPLODING, BURNING, AND BEING CRUSHED BY THE FALLING TOWER. For them it will NEVER reach "ground zero"!!! But for them, this terror will go on and on and on and on and on--according to Kennedy and Hagee, the unbelievers in those planes and towers are right NOW, STILL, BURNING AND SCREAMING AND CLUTCHING THEIR TERRIFIED CHILDREN WHO ARE BEING BURNED AND BLOWN APART FROM THE EXPLODING JET FUEL AND IT WILL NEVER, EVER, STOP. Not in TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS OF BILLIONS OF QUADRILLIONS OF CENTURIES UPON CENTURIES, add infinitum, ADD NAUSIUM! This teaching is SO SICK, Sarah, no wonder they are causing millions around the world to blaspheme the very NAME OF OUR LOVING CREATOR AND SAVIOUR GOD!!!

These men think that they can flagrantly blaspheme the very Word of God, and none will ever be the wiser, as people send in their millions and millions and millions and millions dollars so that these men can build their kingdoms on earth and live like kings right here and now.

It's SICK, Sarah, it's SICK! And I'm sorry if I offended you. But then again, you said I brought the bad out of you--hey, THAT'S GOOD! I want all the 'bad' taken out of me, that's for sure.

Did you read ALL of my letters to Dr. Kennedy and Pastor Hagee? Did your read my letter to Dr. Kennedy entitled, "What About Those Who Have Never Heard?" That is probably the worst, and the most evil sermon I have ever heard in my short sixty year life! READ IT! And be sure you check EVERY SCRIPTURE I present in answer to this terrible and spurious sermon.

Be sure you read and study the first ten pages of my letter of Pastor Hagee on the Greek "aions" which are translated into English "eternities." IMPOSSIBLE! Be sure to read it. In fact, show it to your pastor. Show it to the greatest scholars you can find. You will learn that we have been lied to by many of the most loved clergymen on earth. You see, Sarah, I love Dr. Kennedy and Pastor Hagee--sure I do--I would do anything to save them from a burning building, for example, even if they would have you believe that people like me are going to LIVE in burning buildings  of fire for ALL ETERNITY!

Let me leave you with four scriptures that expose Kr. Kennedy's and Pastor Hagee's unscriptural doctrine of eternal torment:

God WILLS that all mankind be saved (I Tim. 2:4)
Question:  Will His will "be done?"
Answer:  Thy WILL B-E DONE (Mat. 6:10).

GOD IS LOVE (I John 4:08)
Question:  Will God's love fail to save ALL?
Answer:  LOVE NEVER FAILS (I Cor. 13:08)

Read the last ten pages of my letter to Pastor Hagee for dozens more Scriptures showing that Jesus Christ really WILL save ALL HUMANITY (all sinners) just as His Word says.

God be with you and bless you, Sarah, as you seek God's will in your life!

Hope this helps Ian.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:21:50 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Ian 155

Aha- many thanks

Kat

Hey Uncle Ian,

Just a scripture I came across today while working through my studies… 2 Thess 1:5-2:12, do me a favour and pay special attention to the words like, everlasting destruction, shut out from the presence of God they perish because they refused… Just share some of your thoughts…
BTW I read in NIV, so check KJV to see if its any different

Blessings,

Nicholas Stock
Cross Contact Youth
Calvary College

The LOF article number 14, 'The Beast Within' http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html explains all of 2 Thessalonians chapters 1 and 2. But I'm just going with the Scripture Nicholas mentioned in particular with my basic explanation in parentheses.

2Thess 2:8  And then the lawless one (the man of sin, the son of perdition - the beast) will be revealed...
v. 9  The coming of the lawless one (the beast) is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, ("whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe..." 2Cor 4:4)
v. 10  and with all unrighteous deception ("who deceives the whole world" Rev 12:9) among those who perish (are lost), because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
v. 11  And for this reason God will send them strong delusion ("Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand" Mat 13:13), that they should believe the lie,
v. 12  that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. ("And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" John 3:19).

Hope that helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ian 155

it does

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.