bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why am I here?  (Read 7836 times)

Mariano

Why am I here?
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »

Hello,

My name is Mariano, I am a 45 years old man from Buenos Aires, Argentina. My mother language is Spanish and I've never learned English formally, so please forgive any error that could appear in my writing.

Why am I here? Such a long story! I'll try to be succinct...

As most of Argentinian people, I come from a Catholic background, but never was religious in my behaviour. However, since childhood, I've always felt attracted to Jesus Christ, his words, his deeds, his life, his death and his resurrection. When I was 13 I bought a Protestant Bible (I knew not what the difference was regarding a Catholic one) just to read those passages I had so much enjoyed in a film by Zeffirelli, "Jesus of Nazareth", which I watched everytime I could. Now, I found out that reading the Bible wasn't like watching a movie. So I left the book alone, almost untouched, into my night stand and completely forgot about it. By that time, I entered what I would call my "wild years"...

Now, some ten years later, I was into a somewhat problematic and cruel love affair with a Jewish girl. Both of us were quite "intellectual" and zero religious at first. But after a period of distance between us, when we had got together again, she was "converted" to an Orthodox Judaistic mindset by an uncle of hers linked to Chabad Luvabitch. So she begun to make me feel that our relationship was somehow called to be doomed. This saddened me the most, because I really loved her and felt she also loved me... Finally, we distanced from each other again for almost a year.

While reading some Dostoevsky's romans, I went to my little Bible in my bed table and began to read: "En el comienzo, Dios creó los cielos y la tierra..." It was like a tour de force: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshuah, Judges, and so forth... When I got to Isaiah I was a total believer in the God of the Bible and his son Jesus Christ!!!

Now, one night in May 1993, I was with my girlfriend drinking a beer in a bar on a corner. It was a rare hot Autumn night and we were thirsty. I can't remember why, but our talk revolved around Jesus. I said: "He IS the son of God"; she said: "He wasn't". Suddenly, I began to quote from the Law of Moses, from the Prophets and from the Psalms (I wasn't reading the Bible for some months), quoting by heart scriptures which bare witness about Jesus. How was I able to do just that! I didn't know, nor knew my girlfriend... Finally, I was led in my mind to the moment in Gethsemane, when Jesus asked the Father not to drink of the cup He was to drink of in a few hours... Suddenly I began to declare the love of God the Father in Jesus Christ and both my girlfriend, the waiter who just brought another beer to our table and I myself felt some glorious presence over the place. In fact, the words left my mouth and I received them as if spoken by somebody else... My girlfriend couldn't bear the words I was uttering and put her hands on her ears!!! Anyway, finally I left her in her home with a cab and went ---in that same cab--- to my own home. Suddenly, while on the cab, I felt again that same glorious presence and experienced with all the fibers of my body and heart a peace impossible to be described.

When I got home, I went to my Bible and opened it in Luke 16, the prodigal son parable. I begun to cry as never in my life, with grief and joy at the same time. I went to Isaiah 53 and read it through the tears flowing from my eyes. I knew I myself had pierced Jesus on the cross, and that all is of God and that ---somehow--- every man and woman ever born would be one day reconciled to Him. Some three or four hours passed, and I was still reading, crying and feeling that presence all over the house. When I woke up in the morning, I knew I had been called by God and that nothing ever would be the same for me. It was May 25th 1993.

Now, for brevity's sake, let me just tell you that it wasn't until 1996 that I submitted myself to the teachings of men (I did that because of Hebrews 10:25). In the churches of Christendom I learned some new heresies ---new for me--- like that of "the Rapture" and old ones like hell for the lost.

I quit going to any church after I got married and begun studying the Scriptures together with my beloved wife Julieta. I have studied Hebrew for seven years, so it helped me in my Bible studies. It was 2006. During these ultimate years God revealed us many things and began to cleanse our minds and hearts of the religious garbage attached to us, in some way or another.

Only in 2010 I got across to Ray's website. I read every word he wrote more than twice. What a joy was for me rediscovering God's sovereignty and God's love for all of his creation in Ray's writings!!! There could be two or three things on which I don't agree with his understanding, but I could also understand from day one that he is a dear brother in Jesus Christ and so are also many who have come to believe through his writings... Sleep peacefully, dear Ray! I wish I could have had some words with you, but I know that some day we'll meet in the presence of Jesus Christ, who is Yahweh for the glory of God the Father, our savior and the savior of the whole world. Amen

And that, my brothers and sisters, is the very why I'm here on the forum.

I hope we can share together both his spiritual food and our burden in the name of Jesus Christ and for the glory of his name. I hope both you and me grow in his love and his knowledge until the day we reach perfection in Him.

In His name,

Mariano

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:15:59 PM by Mariano »

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Why am I here?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 03:39:28 PM »

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the forum

Rhys
🤫

Kat

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »

Hi Mariano,
I'm glad you have joined us here  :)
Interesting story, thank you for sharing it with us. We are but a little group here and it is a wonderful thing to have like minded people to discuss these things with. You write/type English very well, this is a journey that takes a lifetime, join in the discussions as we all learn together.

Here are the links to extra info we have here on the forum, this is besides what's on the main BT's main body of articles.
Forum Rules- General info
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
Topic- Questions and Truth 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
Topic- How this Forum is Moderated
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

General discussion board- to ask questions and discuss what is presented at the Bible-truths.com site.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,3.0.html

Child board- FAQ (most frequently asked questions)- above General discussion board
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

Forum Indexes & Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Off Topic board- to discuss things that may not directly relate to BT, you will find a good bit of humor
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

child board- Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.- above Off Topic board
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship board- mostly for personal posts
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

Child boards- Who Am I? (only available to members)- above Testimonies board, members pics and other stuff
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

Members Recipes- for sharing recipes and food tips
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,22.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 05:33:42 PM »

Welcome to the forum Mariano.  It's always a pleasure to meet spiritually like-minded people.  :)

René

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 10:55:03 PM »

It's good to meet you, Mariano, and to hear some of your 'history' as God has been directing you so far.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

jojoross

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 01:49:45 AM »

Stoked to have you here Mariano! It seems like you have had an amazing journey so far. Look forward to getting to know you better. Also, you write English better then me!  ;D

Gods peace,
Jordan
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:52:51 AM by Jordan »

virginiabm

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 09:44:30 AM »

Welcome to the family Mariano, it is an awesome thing for all of us to get to know the real Jesus and    what He did for us. 

your sister in Christ,
    Virginia Miller

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 08:56:46 PM »

Bravo Mariano,

Thank you for sharing your long journey with us. Welcome! I pray you will find refuge and room for growth amongst like minded brothers and sisters.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Mariano

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 10:48:13 PM »

Hello everyone,

Only ten days ago I posted this introduction of me to the forum with joy and was welcomed by some of you, both moderators and private members like myself. I appreciated very much these welcoming words and thanked them.

Now, today I started my first thread (“John or the dragon? Upon the sand or upon the ground?” at http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,15949.0.html), which was locked after having received only 12 replies, of which 6 were posted by me by way of clarification of the original post. Regrettably enough, the last reply by Alex is begging further clarification on my part, which leaves shamefully truncated and convoluted the issue at stake on the thread, quite clear in itself, because it consists in pointing out some scriptural facts which cannot be simply ignored.

So in locking so prematurely threads like mine (I mean, solidly grounded on the Scriptures, just like Ray liked things) you dishonour not only Ray's memory, but the Scriptures themselves.

What does David had to say in Psalm 119, a most beautiful and powerful psalm?

“I have more insight than all my teachers,
    for I meditate on your statutes.”

I think I'm not wrong in saying that these are words Ray could have subscribed without hesitation. Sadly, this is not the case with many on this forum…

I am leaving the forum, but let me first tell you that by killing all possibility of discussing ANYTHING with the Scriptures as a foundation, with responsibly and with brotherly love from the Holy Spirit (while being benevolent at the same time with all kind of silly cuisine recipes and dirty jokes), you are following a dangerous way. For indeed “there is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.” (Proverbs 14:12, 16:25).

And also:

“Rescue those being led away to death;
    hold back those staggering toward slaughter.
 If you say, “But we knew nothing about this,”
    does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?
Does not he who guards your life know it?
    Will he not repay everyone according to what they have done?”
                                                                                         (Proverbs 24:11, 12)

I take very seriously the words of the proverb. But what can I do other than post this by way of a farewell?

I love you all and wish only the best to all of you.

In Christ Jesus, who is Yahweh for the glory of God the Father. Amen.

Mariano

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 11:01:49 PM »

I'm unable to count how many people have come through here with just that extra bit of scriptural information that would set us all right.  I'm sure of this, however, that if you put all of them in a room and let them have at it, they would not agree with each other.  Different people see the same scripture different ways.  Guess what?  Does this surprise God?  People cling to a belief in a literal burning hell because they see it in Scripture.  Fire, for them, can mean nothing but fire.  Could be that other 'words' can only mean to some the same thing.

Anyway, this is the Bible-Truths forum.  We don't require anybody to believe anything.  We don't require that people don't teach.  We only ask that if you came here to teach that you take it elsewhere.  Nobody is required to join, and nobody is required to stay.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 11:59:03 PM »

Many years ago I allowed a category where anyone could teach. It was a disaster. Many ugly words and bad feelings.

This forum is just for what Ray taught. There is a lot Ray never taught, but there is more than enough material to keep discussions going.

If we allow anyone to break our rules then others will think they can break the rules too and things quickly degenerate.

This lesson is reinforced just about every month.

In one of his audios Ray also says we do not allow teaching because people will think it is something he taught.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 12:02:44 AM »

I am leaving the forum, but let me first tell you that by killing all possibility of discussing ANYTHING with the Scriptures as a foundation, with responsibly and with brotherly love from the Holy Spirit (while being benevolent at the same time with all kind of silly cuisine recipes and dirty jokes), you are following a dangerous way. For indeed “there is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.” (Proverbs 14:12, 16:25).

I've been quoted that Proverbs verse more than once over the years and I always say: "that's right."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 02:46:38 AM »

That's a shame Mariano.

The forum is what it is for good reason. I've been here for 2 years now and I get frustrated sometimes but take a break and read when I need too. It's a good place here and a help to discover more of God's truth. It's not everything but it is something. Over the last few years I see why it's this way and see God's hand in it.

I get where you are coming from but there are other places too.

Bless you in whatever you decide to do

Rhys
🤫

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 12:04:03 PM »

Mariano,

Perhaps if you stick around a little longer, you may come to appreciate how we moderate this forum.  We are not perfect, but we try to adhere to the forum rules.  I know it can be a "hard pill to swallow" when action is taken against something you have posted, but look it this way, this is a perfect opportunity for you to exercise patience and humility. ;) 

René

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 01:03:48 PM »

Hello,

I think I'll follow Rene's advice up here. Forgive me if I've been too harsh in the eyes of some of you.

Let peace be with you all.

Mariano

Glad to hear this Mariano.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 05:19:03 PM »

Very good Mariano. Glad you are here

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.