bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for a brother  (Read 4633 times)

Gina

Prayer for a brother
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:55:20 AM »

Hi everybody

Would you please do a sister a huge favor and pray for a man I know?  He's going through hell.  I can't give you the details.  All I can say is that he needs your prayer. 

He needs to be released from an extremely heavy burden put on him by the courts of law, so heavy that it would crush most people.  And it in no way fits the crime, from my personal perspective and that of many other men and women.  It is unreasonable and it causes an inordinate amount of unnecessary angst, anger and grief, not just for my friend but for relatives and some that he wants to befriend.

I know God has His favorites, and right or wrong, this person happens to be one of mine.  I don't know why this person came into my life, but he did and because of this thing and because of my own problems and history, I have not been a very good friend to him for the most part.  And it's embarrassing to admit that but it's true.  That was not my original intent.

I don't ask for sympathy for either him or me.  It is what it is.

He, in spite of this great burden, has done some pretty amazing things.  I would like to see God have mercy on him and release him from the weight of this ridiculous law because it is so completely out of balance with the crime that it would make you sick to your stomach. 

Please ask God to put joy in his heart.  He dreams of having a wife and children to love and protect some day and I pray for that too, but the chances of that happening under the circumstances are pretty slim.  That makes me very sad.

Please take my prayer request seriously and pray that if it is God's will, He release my friend and many others in the same boat, from this heavy burden SOON and put joy in his heart.  Please.

Thank you.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Prayer for a brother
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 02:08:19 PM »

Hi Gina,

I will keep your friend in my prayers.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 02:09:27 PM »

Yes will be praying for him

God will do His will and whatever will be for him will be

This world is an unfair place.

I like what Ray says below about praying for others

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9177.msg76864.html#msg76864

"Would God have performed that same task for you if you had NOT prayed for it?"  He may have, but then it couldn't be counted as a answered prayer.

When God desires to do good things for His people, he inspired them TO PRAY.  When you understand prayer, no prayer of yours will ever "be in vain" as you suggest.  Yes, God exactly what He will and what He will not do in the next hour, day, or week, and absolutely nothing in heaven or earth will ever "change" that--God does NOT CHANGE HIS MIND, EVER!  But we don't know what a new day will bring, and so we pray.  Many if not most of God's ways seem strange to we humans.  We are not yet on His level of wisdom and spirituality.  God wants to hear from us.  God wants His children to talk to Him about all their needs and desires.  God wants to hear us thank Him for all He has given us.

It is not the least discouraging to me that I cannot change God's mind about anything.  Imagine if God answered all the billions of prayers of all the billions of people around the world?  What utter chaos there would be.  God could never prophesy or foretell the future, as it would be constantly changing by the changing of His Own mind, answering all of those billions of prayers.  Was Jesus perfectly obedience to God His Father?  Did His Father "remove the cup" that Jesus prayed about?  NO, no He didn't.  Was Jesus' prayer, therefore, "in vain?"  I think not.

If God has determined to heal or bless someone because you or someone else prayed for it, then you will HAVE to pray that prayer in order for God to answer it, and therefore, prayer is never in vain unless we are not praying according to God's rules.  Hope this helps you a little, and I will pray that it does!
God be with you,
Ray

I hope and pray his burden is released soon. I'm sure he feels like he is about to drown

Rhys
🤫

John from Kentucky

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 03:05:24 PM »

Excellent post Rhys.

Ray nails the truth about prayer better than anyone else who has taught on this subject.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 03:21:56 PM »

Ill add an amen to that post too. Ray really does hit the nail on the head!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

virginiabm

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 04:52:20 PM »

Hi Gina, your friend is in my prayers and so are you. May God Bless you both with strength and courage in all that comes your way and know that God hears you every time you pray. May God's will be done.

Your sister in Christ,

Virginia

jojoross

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »

Praying!

Gods peace,
Jordan

Gina

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 04:24:41 AM »

Yes, Thy will, not my will, be done.  Thank you, Rhys.  I echo JFK and Alex. 

Thank you all.

octoberose

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 11:23:05 PM »

Praying. And I appreciate the post, Rhys instructions form Ray, and your tender heart toward your friend. I can relate.

Gina

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 12:20:54 AM »

Thank you, Octoberose.  I appreciate the post that Rhys posted very much.  It is perfect.  And I'm praying for God to give you wisdom regarding your son, and Virginia regarding her sons as well.  You're all so kind to take the time to respond to my post.  It makes me very happy.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 03:23:08 PM »

Amen. I love what Ray said there. It shows God for who He really is and not some god sitting in a chair with his hands on his face wondering what am I going to do with these people.

He is 100% in charge from beginning to the end and we can rest in that.

I do get annoyed with the injustice in this world like what Gina shared so I'm glad I can pray.

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 06:58:20 PM »

Amen. I love what Ray said there. It shows God for who He really is and not some god sitting in a chair with his hands on his face wondering what am I going to do with these people.

He is 100% in charge from beginning to the end and we can rest in that.

I do get annoyed with the injustice in this world like what Gina shared so I'm glad I can pray.

Rhys

Hi all, Just wanted to add these thoughts on prayer and God willing it is not taking away from the person we are praying for:

Hebrews 10:22 "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water."

John 3:21 "Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God."

James 5:16 "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

There is power in prayer but we must obey God! :)

God bless,
Alex

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 05:11:58 AM »

The whole creation is groaning for the unveiling of the manifest/obvious sons of God.  Could be THAT is 'prayer' too, even if it's done by those without a particular faith.  He IS the Savior of the world, especially those who believe.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 10:38:43 AM »

That's a very good point, Dave.  It says the fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much, it doesn't say the groaning of an unbeliever availeth nothing or is not heard by God.  I love that.  Thank you, Dave.  That's really encouraging.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.