bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer  (Read 6389 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
prayer
« on: January 28, 2015, 10:43:50 PM »

hi everybody.  i haven't posted in awhile.  i come to you now to ask for prayer.  my only brother died very unexpectedly one week ago tonight.  we had a big family birthday party for him on august 7th when he turned 65. he did not have any pre-existing heart problems, and had never been on any type of medication.  he lived in littleton, colorado and had been shoveling snow in the afternoon from his driveway and his neighbor's driveway. (i know that his type of heart attack happens more than we know after shoveling snow.)  the emt's had to use the heart paddles on him at his house which brought him back long enough to get him into the ambulance.  he died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.  my family had seen him just one month ago when he came back to austin (tx) because our momma had a mild heart attack.  the last thing my brother told me, when he walked me through the parking lot to my car, late one night after being with our momma was "i love you claudia jean".  i told him i loved him so much.  as i turned around to see him walking back into the hospital, he was waving goodbye to me.  i never in a million years would have thought that would be the last time i saw him alive. 

i, and my family are heartbroken.  that word doesn't really even begin to describe the pain we feel.  my brother was the only boy among four girls.  our father died on my brother's birthday ten years ago.  i always thought the hardest thing i have ever done was to call him that day to tell him our daddy had died.  i was wrong.  the hardest thing i have ever done, so far, was to sit in front of our momma to tell her that her son had died.  the look on her face, the sound of her deep, deep pain, which came out in a river of tears along with the saddest wail i have ever heard in my life, was almost too much to bear. 

as i posted on facebook today, "i guess i should be glad that my brother is resting now, and his troubles and stress of this life are over, but dadgummit i want him HERE!"  selfish? maybe.  my brother was a strong man of God, with a wife and three wonderful children.  he helped with a native american indian outreach program in arizona.  he helped anyone, anywhere, who needed help.  he was always my biggest cheerleader when i was weathering life's storms.  especially during/after my divorce which was final sept. 3rd, and after our brother john chris' death.   as my momma said through tears, "he was my boy, my only son, and he was such a good boy", i echo here that he was indeed such a good boy.  and now he is gone...

prayer is much needed.  my depression has become deeper and darker.  i know all is of God.  i know my brother (and john chris) are resting now in the sleep of death, i know i will one day see both of them again.  but all the wonderful truths i have learned by the Spirit through the Scriptures, ray smith, and this forum, have not lessened the raw pain of their passing.

may God of mercy on everyone of us. 

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: prayer
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »

Prayers and much love to you Claudia through this time.

May His light shine through those dark places within you.

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 11:05:57 PM »

hi everybody.  i haven't posted in awhile.  i come to you now to ask for prayer.  my only brother died very unexpectedly one week ago tonight.  we had a big family birthday party for him on august 7th when he turned 65. he did not have any pre-existing heart problems, and had never been on any type of medication.  he lived in littleton, colorado and had been shoveling snow in the afternoon from his driveway and his neighbor's driveway. (i know that his type of heart attack happens more than we know after shoveling snow.)  the emt's had to use the heart paddles on him at his house which brought him back long enough to get him into the ambulance.  he died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.  my family had seen him just one month ago when he came back to austin (tx) because our momma had a mild heart attack.  the last thing my brother told me, when he walked me through the parking lot to my car, late one night after being with our momma was "i love you claudia jean".  i told him i loved him so much.  as i turned around to see him walking back into the hospital, he was waving goodbye to me.  i never in a million years would have thought that would be the last time i saw him alive. 

i, and my family are heartbroken.  that word doesn't really even begin to describe the pain we feel.  my brother was the only boy among four girls.  our father died on my brother's birthday ten years ago.  i always thought the hardest thing i have ever done was to call him that day to tell him our daddy had died.  i was wrong.  the hardest thing i have ever done, so far, was to sit in front of our momma to tell her that her son had died.  the look on her face, the sound of her deep, deep pain, which came out in a river of tears along with the saddest wail i have ever heard in my life, was almost too much to bear. 

as i posted on facebook today, "i guess i should be glad that my brother is resting now, and his troubles and stress of this life are over, but dadgummit i want him HERE!"  selfish? maybe.  my brother was a strong man of God, with a wife and three wonderful children.  he helped with a native american indian outreach program in arizona.  he helped anyone, anywhere, who needed help.  he was always my biggest cheerleader when i was weathering life's storms.  especially during/after my divorce which was final sept. 3rd, and after our brother john chris' death.   as my momma said through tears, "he was my boy, my only son, and he was such a good boy", i echo here that he was indeed such a good boy.  and now he is gone...

prayer is much needed.  my depression has become deeper and darker.  i know all is of God.  i know my brother (and john chris) are resting now in the sleep of death, i know i will one day see both of them again.  but all the wonderful truths i have learned by the Spirit through the Scriptures, ray smith, and this forum, have not lessened the raw pain of their passing.

may God of mercy on everyone of us. 

claudia

Hi Claudia,

I'm very sorry to hear about your dear brother. I will pray for God's peace to be with you and to wrap you in His arms.

I pray I am not overstepping my bounds with this post of scripture but its what came to mind when I was reading your post.

John 11

1 Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
2 (It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)
3 Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
4 When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.
5 Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.
6 When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was.
7 Then after that saith he to his disciples, Let us go into Judaea again.
8 His disciples say unto him, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest thou thither again?
9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
15 And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.
16 Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.
17 Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already.
18 Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off:
19 And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.
21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
28 And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.
29 As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.
30 Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.
31 The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.
32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.
34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.
35 Jesus wept.

Ray once said that God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, so how much more His beloved children?

Psalm 116:15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

God bless you dear sister.

With love,
Alex
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:08:56 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 11:44:55 PM »

We are praying for you dear Sister. ::hugs::

Kat

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:53:42 PM »

Hi Claudia,
I'm so sorry for your lose and yes it is grievous to loose a loved one... even Jesus wept at the death of Lazarus. I pray that He will give you comfort at this very difficult time.

Heb 4:15  For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 12:55:36 AM »

Dear, sweet, Claudia,

I feel for you and understand your pain.  I pray that you will never lose hope because we have this promise: 

Rev. 21:4 - "And he will wipe away every tear out of their eyes, and death shall be no more, and grief and outcry and pain shall be no more: the first things, have passed away."

May God's mercy and grace be with you at this very sad time of your life.

René

virginiabm

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 08:35:34 AM »

Oh Claudia, I know the pain and sorrow that you feel and my heart is broken for you and with you. There are not any words that can soothe your broken heart, but the love of God is with you and He will comfort you and your mother. My brother died with a massive heart attack at 45. I know how you feel. This was many years ago, but what has happen to you and your family brought it home to me. My love and prayers go up for you and your family in your time of need.

May God wrap His Loving arms around you and your family and comfort you all.

Your sister in Christ,
            Virginia miller

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 12:11:01 AM »

thanks to each of you for your support and love.  alex, you did not over step any boundaries.  the Scripture you posted was healing to my spirit. 

claudia

octoberose

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 04:36:46 AM »

Oh Claudia, I just felt led to the site tonight and now I know why.  My deepest sympathies to you and  your family. Your brother sounds like a very special person. I live in Colorado Springs so not far from him.
  You are the sweetest spirit and I hope God's balm of promise for a time of reconcillation and joy in the future age will give you peace.

microlink

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 03:01:25 PM »

Dear Claudia,

I sympathize with your grief and feel your hurt from the loss. They are gone into the peaceful  sleep of the temporary death and await the  resurrection. May God's comfort be with you and your family.

1Co_15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Extol

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »

Dear Claudia,

I sympathize with your grief and feel your hurt from the loss. They are gone into the peaceful  sleep of the temporary death and await the  resurrection. May God's comfort be with you and your family.

1Co_15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

One of my favorite--and most comforting--verses is a few before this, 1 Cor. 15:50...Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Yes, death is an enemy, yes, death is suffering (especially for the loved ones left alive), but it comforts me to know that it is a step towards resurrection. I want to inherit the kingdom of God. If what I'm carrying around cannot inherit that kingdom, then it doesn't depress me too much knowing that one day I'll die. Here's how the New Living Translation renders it:

What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

cjwood

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 09:01:36 PM »

i knew that coming to all of you i would receive the real Truths about death, with those of like mind.  most especially after hearing the fairy tale statements by those still blinded. 
i received a text at 4:45 this morning from my baby sister, telling me that one of our dear first cousins passed away around 3:00 a.m.  she was diagnosed with als only 6 months ago.  i don't know how much more death my heart can handle.  on my cousin's fb page, her sister said that God called another angel home, free from the als and walking the streets of gold in heaven.  it still astounds me that i believed the same fairy tale for most of my life.  until i googled t.d. jakes one night and saw the bible-truths advertisement.  praise God for that google search.

my cousin's funeral is the same day, 4 hours apart from my brother's graveside service.  i still can hardly believe it.

alex and extol, i am going to borrow some of the scriptures you referenced, and some of your statements if that would be okay, in my eulogy for my brother.

love in Christ,
claudia

Extol

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »

alex and extol, i am going to borrow some of the scriptures you referenced, and some of your statements if that would be okay, in my eulogy for my brother.

love in Christ,
claudia

Of course dear sister.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 03:48:43 AM »

i knew that coming to all of you i would receive the real Truths about death, with those of like mind.  most especially after hearing the fairy tale statements by those still blinded. 
i received a text at 4:45 this morning from my baby sister, telling me that one of our dear first cousins passed away around 3:00 a.m.  she was diagnosed with als only 6 months ago.  i don't know how much more death my heart can handle.  on my cousin's fb page, her sister said that God called another angel home, free from the als and walking the streets of gold in heaven.  it still astounds me that i believed the same fairy tale for most of my life.  until i googled t.d. jakes one night and saw the bible-truths advertisement.  praise God for that google search.

my cousin's funeral is the same day, 4 hours apart from my brother's graveside service.  i still can hardly believe it.

love in Christ,
claudia

Dear Claudia! Take, take as much as you need! Sister, these are the words of our great God and Savior! None of us have any monopoly on them! They are yours as much as ours. Please, don't ask. Take freely. I implore you take as much as you like, don't ever feel the need to ask. We love you dearly, even as our Lord does! I would do anything, by the grace of God, for those who are called by His Name.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:59:36 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

dogcombat

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »

Claudia,

I lost a brother-in-law 2 weeks ago doing landscaping work.  I know that words can't describe what people go through. Namely, the way a loved one dies.  I only ask that our Father's Grace be with all your family.  Perhaps the words of Blood, Sweat, & Tears "And When I Die" come to mind.

"And when I die, and when I'm gone
 There'll be one child born in this world
to carry on."

God be with you
Ches

cjwood

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 11:05:22 PM »

i really wish sometimes there was a "like" button we could click on in this forum. 
just sayin.    ;)

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 01:42:45 AM »

Done.........use it wisely

Rhys  ;D
🤫

Deblyn

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 01:47:44 AM »

Dear Claudia:
I just saw this posting, and I want to tell you that you are not alone in your grief. I pray that the Lord in His time will heal your heart and mind of the pain you're experiencing. It is difficult for us to understand why certain things happen as they do. But, scripture tells us that He will give us beauty for ashes.
Deblyn

octoberose

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 10:49:06 PM »

Rhys, how sweet is that ! Good Job.

cjwood

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 07:02:14 PM »

rhys you are absolutely hilarious.  and full of the love of Christ. 

thank you for the laughter.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.