bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: More exciting discoveries right out of God’s word .  (Read 17364 times)

zvezda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: More exciting discoveries right out of God’s word .
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 12:43:30 AM »

So then you are all in agreement that Satan blinds? I can't find this anywhere in the scriptures. Every time its clearly satan, its attributed to him having deceived, not blinded (1 Tim 2:14, 2 Corinthians 11:3, Revelation 12:9,  Revelation 20:8 ).

perhaps the key word is not "blinds" but "minds", and also "eyes".

2 Cor. 4:4  The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

John 12:40  He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

You want a a second witness that says satan blinds. But do you have a second witness that says God blinds people's mind too? John 12:40 says God blinded their eyes, not their minds.

The eyes and the mind are not the same things, the eyes see, the mind thinks/believes.

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »

2 Cor 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not

Perhaps its the words of this world that indicate who this verse is speaking of.

Is God ever referred to as the "something/anything" of this world in scripture? What about Satan?

John 12:31  Now is the judgment of this world. Now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

John 14:30  I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.

John 16:11  of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Satan is referred to as being the such and such of this world in scripture. If God were referred to as being the something/anything of this world that, to me, in a way reduces or limits His power or sovereignty to this world or this age.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

santgem

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2015, 07:06:57 AM »

Satan is referred to as being the such and such of this world in scripture. If God were referred to as being the something/anything of this world that, to me, in a way reduces or limits His power or sovereignty to this world or this age.

"Let it be so now"

But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now; for thus it is fitting for us to fulfil all righteousness." Then he consented.Mat 3:15

rick

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2015, 04:02:56 PM »

I find this scripture interesting considering that Christendom lead me to believe the exact opposite of what God has to say.  ( A ) Christendom teaches Satan owns the world ( B ) God says He owns the world .

Psa 2 : 8

(ABP+)  AskG154 fromG3844 me!G1473 andG2532 I will giveG1325 to youG1473 nationsG1484 G3588 for your inheritance;G2817 G1473 andG2532 G3588 for your possessionG2697 G1473 theG3588 endsG4009 of theG3588 earth.G1093

(ASV)  Ask of me, and I will give thee the nations for thine inheritance, And the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

(BBE)  Make your request to me, and I will give you the nations for your heritage, and the farthest limits of the earth will be under your hand.

(Brenton)  Ask of me, and I will give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the ends of the earth for thy possession.

(CEV) Ask me for the nations, and every nation on earth will belong to you.

(Darby)  Ask of me, and I will give thee nations for an inheritance, and for thy possession the ends of the earth:

(ERV)  If you ask, I will give you the nations. Everyone on earth will be yours.

(ESV)  Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession.

(GNB)  Ask, and I will give you all the nations; the whole earth will be yours.

(GW)  Ask me, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance and the ends of the earth as your own possession.

PSA 2 :8 says the earth is ours if only we ask. and the nations too. Does Christendom ever get it right ?  ::)

My two witnesses ....Exodus 19:5 and PSA 2 :8  :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:06:41 PM by Rick »

Mike Gagne

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2015, 07:54:33 PM »

Hi Alex, Alex you Quoted this in your post,

Hi Micheal,

I don't agree with your conclusion that "The world" IS "the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life."
End of quote.

Hi Alex, Alex it is not my conclusion, but it is what the bible says, heres two witnesses;

1Jn 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world

Eph 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

John 7:7   (KJV)

7  The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil

Romans 12:2   (KJV)

2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

1 John 5:4   (KJV)

4  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Hi Rick, in that scripture you stated I notice its says earth and not world, and in 2Co 4:4 its says: the god of this world. I agree with your scriptures , and I also agree with 2 Co 4:4 meaning satan is the god of the world

R.P.J   Mike

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:00:44 PM by Michael G »

rick

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2015, 08:31:48 PM »

Hi Mike,

I see something here I had not thought about before, the earth and world are one in the same to me but the scriptures you put up, 1Jn 2:15 , 1Jn 2:16 , Eph 2:2 and the others as well are not referring to the world or earth as I understand it as a tangible thing I believe these scriptures are referring to the social ,political and financial order of the world.

These are the things that are corrupt, it’s the system we live in and anyone who loves this system of things could not possible love God and so that’s why God says ( 1Jn 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.)

My original post was that I was lead to believe when Adam and Eve fell in the garden of Eden they relinquished ownership of the earth / world to Satan which is not what scripture tells me.

Perhaps it’s the system Satan was offering Jesus when he said to Christ (  Mat 4:8  Then the Devil took Jesus to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in all their greatness.
Mat 4:9  "All this I will give you," the Devil said, "if you kneel down and worship me.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2015, 08:32:11 PM »

Hi Rick,

Job 1:7   (KJV)

7  And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

I agree Rick that God owns All in the Heavens and in the earth and all those going to and fro and walking up and down in it...

God Bless...   :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.