bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eternity  (Read 5332 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Eternity
« on: August 22, 2006, 02:52:44 PM »

Hi, there. I just wanted to ask you about Matthew 25 v.46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." If the word eternal really means an age then does that mean the righteous will only go to be with God for an "age" and not forever just like unbelievers only go to "hell" for an age? Thanks,
Lynne

Dear Lynne:
Yes, I have explained Matt. 25:46 many of times over the years. I am not sure in which emails you will find it. It takes a full page to explain.  Neither time that aionios appears in this verse does it mean "eternal" or "everlasting."  The life we are promised by Jesus is NOT "eternal,' but rather "eonian--age abiding." This is one of the most basic flaws of Christian theology.  The life of the resurrected Believer does not ever end, not because he has ever been promised "eternal" life, but rather because he is promised "immortality," which has notthing to do with "eternity," but rather means "DEATH=LESS=NESS."

Matt. 25:46 will be thoroughly explained in my upcoming Installment 16, "HELL" Part D. It will be some time before this Installment is finished, but I am working on it.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.