bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kill Enenmies  (Read 5626 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Kill Enenmies
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:04:21 PM »

Ray -

I would like to know the reason God commanded the nation of Israel to Kill their Enemies in The Old Testament.

We know that Jesus commanded His Disciples to Love their Enemies in The New Testament, which obviously means that we should not kill them.

If you have covered this before, I will be grateful if you would direct me to the source.

Thanks, Regards, Brother George.

Dear George;
        There is a progression in God's revelation to humanity. First the physical and then the spiritual (I Cor. 15:46-47).  First man killed his physical enemies, and now he is to kill his spiritual enemies, which are the works of the flesh, the deeds of the carnal mind (Rom. 8:13 & Col. 3:5).
        The wages of sin is death (Rom. 6:23). This is true for our enemies and for ourselves.  Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword (Matt. 26:52).  And we are just as corrupt as our physical enemies and must likewise be destroyed at the source of our corruptioon (Eph. 4:22-32), etc., etc.  It is harder to kill [mortify] the deeds of our own flesh than to kill our enemies.
        God be with you,
        Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.