bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conference Transcript - How did Jesus Do "The Father's Will"  (Read 6908 times)

Kat

Conference Transcript - How did Jesus Do "The Father's Will"
« on: February 25, 2007, 03:21:49 AM »

This is a transcript of most of part 2, off the 5th and 6th  audios. 
I have made insertions throughout from the notes Ray handed out,
and added some scripture that were referred to by Ray,
a section was left out that was covered in the love transcript.

2006 Mobile Bible Conference
                                  Part 2

HOW DID JESUS DO “THE FATHER’S WILL”
   [What did Jesus do that defined His Father’s Will in His life?]

Jesus is surely a main part of “The Will of the Father.” But just where did Jesus come from? What part does Jesus play in "The Father’s Will?" Who is God the Father? Who was He, where was He, what is He?

Is God a fix up man? No. Where can you go to get away from Him? He’s in you and farther more you’re in Him.

What analogy could you use to demonstrate that? Like the fish in the sea, and the birds in the air. The fish is in the water and the water is in the fish. The bird is in the air and the air in in the bird.

God is everywhere! He is in us and we are in Him, because He is spirit, not a spirit - spirit. He is invisible and God is love.

Now it is difficult for humans to understand how spirit can be anything. But understand that spirit is a whole lot more real than the physical, because the physical is temporary and spirit is eternal. With all physical you have the laws of thermodynamics always enforced. Everything in the universe is doing three things, cooling down, slowing down, and deteriorating. Spirit doesn’t cool down, slow down, or deteriorate. Spirit is eternally youthful, for God does not have gray hair or wear glasses.

So we’re talking about where Christ came from. It said in the beginning there was nothing physical we know of, 
and God created the heavens and the earth and the whole universe.

What was it like before creation when there was only God? First of all we don’t know that there was “only” God. There was no “heaven and earth,” but that doesn’t prove all was total void.

Was God alone in a giant space of darkness? What darkness? He created the darkness (Isa. 45:7). God is not darkness... God is in perpetual light, He’s the Father of light, the Father of spirit. There is no darkness in Him, there is no night only bright (Rev. 21:23; James 1:23; 1 John 1:5). God is light; there is no darkness in Him forever.

Now one of the attributes of God is that He never changes, which may sound like some what of a contradiction,
because there wasn’t a universe and now there is. What made Him change His mind from not having a universe, to wanting a universe? 

Well you can not really say He changed His mind. Now when the scripture says He changed His mind, like in Numbers 23:19, where it says, God doesn’t repent (be sorry, repent, change mind, avenge). He does not change His mind, it doesn’t mean He doesn’t do anything. It means that He Himself does not change His mind or what He is, that never changes.

1 Samuel 15:19  “God does not change His mind.” 
Malachi 3:16, “I am the LORD, I change NOT.” 
James 1:6, “…the Father of lights, with Whom is no variableness.”
Romans 11: 29, “For the gift and calling of God are without repentance [Gk. irrevocable].”
Heb. 13:08, “Jesus Christ the same [Gk. ‘same One; same Self’] yesterday, today, and forever.”

It is paramount that God never change, therein lies the ultimate stability of eternity - GOD WILL NEVER EVER CHANGE. One doesn’t change total perfection. Creation will change, albeit God will never change.

Phil. 2:5 says “Let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus.” Why? 1 Cor. 1:10; Phil. 2:2; Phil. 3:6; 1 Peter 4:1; Eph. 4:1-6 --- UNITY; no divisions.

We read these things, God doesn’t change, but nobody thinks about it. It’s very important that God does never change and will never change. Why do you think that’s important? Would it be better if He was flexible and changed a little bit?

You don’t improve perfection. Was God always perfect? I don’t know. We learn, did God ever learn? Now He knows everything, but did He ever learn? I don’t know. It doesn’t say. 

But we know this, by the time He made the creation He either always was or reached perfection. How could an imperfect God (I don’t mean flawed or evil, but a God that was not perfect), how could He make a creation of humanity and say I’ve still got to work out a few bugs, in this theory of what we are doing and where we are going?   

Do understand I say these things humbly, I don’t mean to be the less bit demeaning, when I say I don’t know if God ever learned. We know, that He knows now. So how do we know if He learned? He doesn’t tell us.

But in one sense it doesn’t matter, all we know is He’s perfect. How does He know He’s perfect? Well in order to claim perfection, you have to know what it is. He would have to have such a vast knowledge of everything, to know whether there ever existed a possibility of ever becoming better than He is. Think about that. He knows so much, I mean one centimeter of brain could contain trillions and trillions of encyclopedias on end. He knows so much, that He knows not only there is no one else like Him, He says I’m the only God,” (1 Tim. 1:17; Jude 1:25). There is nothing better He can achieve than what He is. He’s perfect, now whether He always was or achieved it, there your brain only goes so far. 

We like to think in terms of back then and the future out there. This was back at creation and now we are headed for eternity, no. You can’t look at it that way, it doesn’t work.

If you want to come up with an analogy of where God is in His own realm, as far as time goes. The closes physical analogy you could come up with is a circle. Not starting back there and going this way, that way is the past and this way is the future. Now if the realm of eternity is as a circle, can somebody point to where eternity begins on a circle? Can anyone show me, on this circle, where eternity ends? You can’t, can you. 

Now I’ll give you another little mind boggler, not only can you not show me where it begins or where it ends,
I’m telling you it has no beginning and it has no end. It doesn’t move in a circle, it is a circle. Therefore time has nothing to do with eternity. Even your dictionaries most of them, not all, say eternity is an endless period. 

Eternity has nothing to do with time, time starts here and goes to there. Eternity is like a circle, you can’t find the beginning and you can’t find the end. Because it has no beginning and it has no end. Therefore in that sense a circle is ultimate truth.

So God knows there can never be any thing more perfect than He is. And that’s where He introduces Himself to us. We are introduced to a being who is perfect. There’s nothing that says He can’t build a kingdom and make it bigger and bigger. But it does say that He is perfect, and He doesn’t change. And that is the most solid and stable thing we could hang our hopes and dreams on. Our God will never change and that He is already perfect, wow.

Now the Bible does use physical analogies, like a rock. He is like a rock, solid, immovable and unchangeable. 

1 Cor. 10:4, says “…and that Rock was Christ.”  It says they all drank of that spiritual drink and they all followed that Rock and that Rock was Christ. So God in the physical analogy of things is a Rock, He unchangeable because He reached perfection and you don’t change perfection. 

All the pagan gods change, they are fickle. Read about all the pagan gods from any country, they’re fickle, they change with every whim and fancy and notion that comes along.  They’re in many ways more carnal and stupid, than the servants that worship them as gods. 

But God never changes, because He's already perfect, that’s our God. But God’s kingdom does change, but always in an upward, onward, forward, and larger proportion. 

Isa. 9:7, Of the increase of His government [empire, kingdom, Lordship, dominion], and peace [prosperity; friendly, health, safety, happiness, welfare, rest, peace, ect.-Strong’s Hebrew dictionary] …there shall BE NO END…

We can’t really wrap our minds around the spiritual things of God, with a carnal brain. So you have to do the best you can with what God gave us, until He increases our mental capacity or spiritual capacity or whatever.  We are limited.

I’m a retired roofer, so we’re doing the best we can here. Now if you know some place on the internet we can go and learn all this stuff, you let me know. Or if you know about some hot book, like that book ‘The Purpose Driven Life,” ridiculous nonsense.

Now there is no word in the Hebrew or Greek in the Bible that means forever, eternity, forever more, for ever and ever, there is no such word. So whenever endless time is meant you have to use more than one word. About the only phrase that is ever used to show that something doesn’t ever come to an end, is just to say it, ‘it never comes to an end.’ 

There is no word eternity in the Bible, but it has the same meaning when it says, there shall be no end. But you don’t find a scripture that says, the torture of mankind in this place called hell, will have no end. There is no such scripture, trust me.

Some people get confused and think Christ is going to rule for ever and ever. But it doesn’t say that, at all. You know His rule comes to an end in 1 Cor. 16:24.

Luke 1:33 And He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever (eons), and of His kingdom there shall BE NO END.

Oh, He’s going to rule endlessly. No, no, no. He’s going to rule for the eons. Of His KINGDOM, not Christ as the king, but of the kingdom, that He did rule over, of that “kingdom there shall be no end.”

1Cor 15:24 “then is the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God,
even the Father; when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power.“
v. 25 for it is right for Him to reign until He has put all the enemies under His feet.
v. 26  The last enemy made to cease is death.
v. 27  For He put all things under His feet. But when He says that all things have been put under His feet, it is plain that it accepts Him who has put all things under Him.
v. 28  But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subject to Him who has subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all things in all.

He gives up this kingdom to God, He was the King of this kingdom and it comes a time when He gives it up to God, even the Father, when He shall have put down all rule, all authority, and all power and He must rule till (means until) He has put all enemies under His feet. He no longer rules because He doesn’t require that type of rulership. 

That Christ rules with a rod of iron, the Kingdom that is established. That is the subduing of all humanity, all enemies, all angels in heaven, all subdued and coming under His authority and government. All is in peace now, no enemies, He then turns over the kingdom to His Father. He’s no longer the King, the Father becomes the Patriarch of the family of God. And the kingdom just keeps growing and going and growing and going and like it said in Isaiah, it has no end.

Now think about this. We have a perfect flawless God, with all wisdom, all knowledge, all power, and He’s love. Not just love like a king loves his subjects, but like a Father loves his sons and daughters. This is a pretty nice relationship and He will never change.

He is a rock solid, He can be depended on for all eternity, and nothing will ever go amuck in His kingdom. But the kingdom will keep growing, we will not be bored out of our gourds with nothing to do, no place to go. There will be activities and growth forever. What? Well He doesn’t tell us, we just have to except it on faith that what He tells us is true.

He said that pleasures is at God right hand (Psa. 16:11), you just have to except it on faith. That He is telling us the true, that’s what faith is - faith is believing, it’s the same word in Hebrew and Greek, the word for faith and the word for it is the same word. It all depends if you are using a verb or a noun. Faith is a noun and belief is a verb, it’s the same word. So you just have to believe God and what He said is true and He tells us He can’t lie and He’s perfect and never changes.

Now we are going to be part of a kingdom, where there is going to be nothing but prosperity; friendly, health, safety, happiness, welfare, rest, peace, ect.,  with no end. Pleasures at His right hand and growth into the circle.

The reason we’re not more excited about this, is for one thing, we don’t think about these things. Because they’re not real to you, it’s sometimes you come to listen to me say and then you go home and just forget about it. You don’t believe it is real, something that is just so many years down the pike, that‘s how close it is. Like Paul said, “Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed” ( Rom. 13:11).

When is Christ coming? I don’t know, but it’s closer than it was yesterday. It is close and I don’t care if you live to be 118, it’s close, with the magnitude of the universe and how long it’s been here, it’s close.

Now this unchangeable God, He makes things, He never changes, but He’s a creator, He creates things. One of the things He made was His Son.

Now we get into the Trinity business, and oh I thought Christ was God and He existed with God for all eternity. 
No, He did not. Remember the scripture --

1Cor 8:6  but there is to us only one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him;  and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him.

Is Jesus Christ something? Yes. What is He? He’s of God. All is of Him, of the One God. All is of Him, Jesus Christ is of Him. It interesting that Jesus Christ is called the Firstfruit in 1 Corinthians --

1Cor 15:20  But now Christ has risen from the dead, and has become the Firstfruit of those who slept.

In Gen. 1:1 it says, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” But that’s not the way that word (beginning) is translated in most places in the Bible. Let’s step back a second, lets decide who created the heaven and the earth, okay.   

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

A guy argued with me for 3 months, back and forth, telling me that was the Father, “In the beginning was the Word.”  The right order of the words in the linear is, ‘and God was the word,’ “and the Word was WITH God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning WITH God.” Now it’s pretty hard for something that is something, to be with itself, see what I’m saying, that don’t quite work grammatically, does it. 

John 1:3  All things were made through Him, and without Him was not any thing made that was made. 

So whatever this Word was, He made everything,  everything was made by Him. 

v. 4  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

What is light? This light that shines in darkness, what was this light? It was the Word. What did the Word do? It made all things and nothing was made that He didn’t make. 

v. 6  There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
v. 7  He came as a witness, to bear witness about the Light, that all might believe through Him.
v. 8  He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the Light.
v. 9 That was the true Light, which lights every man that comes into the world.
v. 10 He was in the world and the world was made by Him.

We just read that He was in the world and the world was made by Him. It repeats it (verse 3 and 10) and the world knew Him not.

v. 11  He came to His own, and His own received Him not.
v. 12  But as many as received Him, He gave to them power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on His name,
v. 13  which are born(begotten) not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh,
nor of the will of man, but of God.
v.14  And the Word made flesh, and dwelt  among us with the glory of the only begotten of the Father,
full of grace and of truth.
v.15  John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, This was He of whom I spoke:
He who comes after me has been before me, for He was preceding me.
v.16  And out of His fullness we all have received, and grace for grace.
v.17  For the Law came through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Who is this Word, who is as with the Father, who was with God, who made all things, who was the light of men, who was made flesh, who dwelt among men, who was the only begotten of the Father?  JESUS CHRIST !

v. 18  No one has seen God at any time; the Only-begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father,
He has declared Him.

In the bosom of the Father, That means a close intimate relationship, He (Jesus Christ) has declared Him (the Father). Nobody has ever known anything about God the Father, except through Jesus Christ. Before the birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem, nobody on the face of the earth, ever knew anything about God the Father. But didn’t they know about God(in the OT)? That was Jesus Christ.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 06:13:19 PM by Kat »

Kat

Re: Conference Transcript - How did Jesus Do "The Father's Will"
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 03:25:22 AM »

That spiritual Rock that they followed out of Egypt, through the wilderness for 40 years. That was Christ. But didn’t Moses see God? 

Nobody has seen God (John 1:18; John 5: 37; 1 John 4:12). Oh he saw somebody, he saw Christ, in His glorified state. Jesus Christ is the GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT. Jesus Christ WAS God and Jesus Christ IS God. And yes, Jesus always had and still has a God (Eph 1:17). 

But the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, has NO God. It was Jesus Christ (Elohim - US) who created the heavens and the earth and humanity, “…in OUR image.”

In Rev. 19:16 it says Christ had, “on His thigh He has a name written,” the Word of God. There’s no getting around it, the Logos, the Word is Jesus Christ. The creator of heaven and earth is Jesus Christ. The creator of the human race in Jesus Christ. No man has ever seen God, only Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ when He acts on behalf of God, with the power of God, The knowledge of God, wisdom of God, and the love of God, with the strength of God and the character of God, IT IS GOD. But He is not the Father. He came to reveal the Father.

John 7:29  But I (Jesus Christ) know Him (the Father), for I am from Him, and He has sent Me.

Now you know the one that sends someone is greater than the one who was sent.

John 13:3  Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands,
and that He had come from God and went to God,

Where did Jesus Christ come from? Well was it the Trinity, the third part of the Trinity? A third part of the Trinity, equal with the other two parts of the God Trinity? NO, He came from God.

So in John 13:3  “and that HE CAME FROM GOD,” that’s where Jesus came from, GOD. Not from the Godhead, not from the Trinity, FROM GOD.

John 16:27  for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I CAME OUT FROM GOD. (Just like Eve came out from Adam)
v. 28  I CAME FORTH FROM THE FATHER, and have come into the world.

1 John 4:9  In this the love of God was revealed in us, because GOD SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON into the world that we might live through Him.

v. 14  And we have seen and testify that THE FATHER SENT THE SON to be the Savior of the world.

Heb 1:2  has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom HE HAS APPOINTED heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds,

If Jesus Christ was part of a triune god, a trinity, then nobody’s appointed anybody, nobody is sending anybody. There is not one greater authority in a perfect equilateral triangle. But Christ said, My Father is greater than I, (John 14:28).

Rev 3:14  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

The beginning was the Word of God, what did God began with? Jesus Christ, right, the Word. That’s what God began with, Jesus Christ is the beginning. In Gen. 1:1 it says "In the beginning[ Heb: reshiyth - spec. Firstfruits] God [Heb: Elohim] created the heavens and the earth." We read in 1 Cor 15:20  “But now Christ has risen from the dead, and has become the Firstfruit of those who slept.”

That Jesus Christ “became the Firstfruit of those who slept.” Who is the Firstfurit? Jesus Christ. Where did Jesus come from: John 7:29; John 13:3; John 9:42; John 16: 27-28; 1 John 4:9, 14.

Jesus was created by the Father; Heb 1:2; Rev 3:14. Jesus Christ was created and than became the Creator of all. So when you talk about Jesus Christ, you are talking about God. But you are talking about the One who was begotten in the God family, and one who could be emptied and formed such as a man.

A couple of other points here. Christ said to the Pharisees, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58). He didn’t say I was, He said “I am.” And what did He tell Moses? Moses said who will I say sent me and He said tell, “I AM THAT I AM” (Exo. 3:14), or I Am what I will be, is what the Hebrew indicates.

So Adam, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Jacob and the Hebrews, never knew God the Father, they knew Jesus Christ - Yahweh. When they hung Christ on the cross, they crucified their own Creator.

In 1 Cor 10:4, that Rock was CHRIST. It also says in verse 9 that follows that “we should not tempt Christ.” When they tempted “the Lord” (Exo. 17:7) back then, they murmured against(tempted) Christ (Deu. 1:27; 1 Cor. 10:10), is what it tells us.

Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament. He is the reason Elohim is plural, “and God said let US,” so the Father is doing the creating, but it is done through His Son, Jesus Christ, His first born. 

Now for scriptural proof, in Heb. 1:8 it says "Thy throne, O God, is for the eon of the eons ...” I know the Jehovah Witness and I’ve read all their stupid ways of trying to get around that verse, and it just won’t smoke. It means what it says, God addresses Jesus Christ as “Thy throne, O God,” and the O is in there, it’s in the Greek and it’s back in the Hebrew where this verse is quoted from as well.

Only God is to be worshipped, the leper came and worshipped Him (Matt. 8:2), the chief, worships Him (Mat. 9:18), and the woman came and worships Him (Matt 15:25).

Rev 1:8  I am the Alpha and the Omega … the Almighty.

That’s Christ - God. “And the Word was God,” (John 1:1)

Thomas said, when he felt the holes in Christ’s body,"My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28). Christ did not correct Him.

Titus 2:13-14 The Great God and Savior Jesus Christ;  Who gave Himself for us…

So He is God, but He is not His own Father, okay. Jesus Christ came to reveal the Father, Luke 10:22; John 6:46;

Matt 11:27, Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son will reveal Him.

Nobody knew anything about God the Father, until Jesus Christ revealed Him. The only God that anybody knew was Jesus Christ.

Here’s an enigma. Since Jesus Christ was the God of the Old Testament, and He was so powerful that Moses
couldn’t even look upon, but a little bit of His hind parts. How does God become a man? And How can God die? 

Exo 33:22  And it will be, while My glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft of the rock,
and will cover you with My hand while I pass by.

How can a Creature like that die? How can you reduce God down to a man? Well we’re not talking about the Father, we’re talking about somebody who God did create. We are told very little about it and even that is shrouded in poor King James language. We have a couple records that it was done, but how it was done we only have one reference.

Phil. 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Why did He think it not robbery to be equal with God? Because God gave Him everything He has, “all power in heaven and earth is given to Me.” (Matt 28:18). But He wasn’t the originator of the power, it had to be given to Him. The giver is always greater than the receiver, the sender is always greater that the one sent.

Phil. 2:7  but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant(should be slave), and was made in the likeness of men.

You don’t learn to much from the King James there. What is this made in the likeness of man, and that word ‘was’ is out of place there, ‘was’ means emptied. It’s just a very poor choice of words. He wasn’t just made, He emptied Himself. How do you do it? I don’t know how you would do that, but He did, it said He did. He was God and He emptied Himself of all His power and glory and majesty and divinity. So He could be made and fashioned into a man, so He could die.

Now imagine you being God and you created the universe and all that’s in it, including the human race, that’s what you are - God. Now you are going to be reduced down to a fleshly body, that’s perspires and stinks, no power or glory and your going to die. Why would you want to do that?  First of all, how did He? I don’t know, but if God made Him in the first place, He could reduce Him down. 

But it was voluntarily. Does God force this on Him, against Himself will? Nope, He volunteered. Christ always volunteered, He always wanted to do the will of the Father. Was it the will of the Father that He do this? Yes, so He did it. He emptied Himself of all of His glory and everything that He had.

Heb 2:5-12 - Jesus who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death…

He emptied Himself voluntarily, down into a human being, lower than even the angels themselves so that He could die. He wanted to die. Not because it was going to be a grand and glorious thing to do, and I’ll show you why. Jesus knew His mission by the age of twelve. 

Luke 2:49  …I must be about My Father's business[ Gk: the things {courts} of My Father‘s]?

I have to do the will of the Father. So whatever He did was the will of the Father. The one who did the will of the Father is the one who really loved the Father of humanity, Jesus Christ, the creator of heaven and earth and the human race.

Jesus Christ accomplished many, many things. I just want to cover three giant things He accomplished as a human being.

[1] I have overcome the world (John 16: 33).

As a human being He overcame all the pulls of the world.

[2] For even hereunto were ye called:  because Christ also suffered FOR US, leaving us an example, that ye should FOLLOW HIS STEPS:  Who did no sin, neither was there guile [deceit] found in His mouth (1 Peter 2: 21-22).

He came to set an example, of how to do it.

[3] Who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world,  according to the will of God and our Father (Gal. 1:4)

Three things - He came as a human being and He overcame the world and He suffered for us. So He set the example that we should overcome the world as He did.

Isn’t that what it says in the conclusion to the church of the Laodicea, in Rev. 3, where it says, v. 21 “To him who overcomes…. even as (means in the same way) I also overcame…” He is the example, that’s how Christ did the Father’s will. How are we to do it? In the same way, okay.

Gal 1:4  who gave Himself for our sins TO DELIVER US from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,

We will be delivered into the family of God, the firstfruits, because we are a type of firstfruit. “In the beginning (firstfruit) God Created the heaven and the earth.”(Gen 1:1)

He is the Firstfruit of those who slept, He’s the first of everything, that His name may be first preeminent above any and every and all, because He is the Creator. He emptied Himself, became the Savior of the world. He will forever be the preeminent One, in the whole universe. 

JESUS: The Personification of God’s Will due to Humility

Because humility goes hand in hand with qualifying for the kingdom of God, doing the will of God, and being in the state of mind that understands spiritual things. If your not humble then it won’t work.

A major point is Christ always did the Father’s will, with humility. You have to understand Christ knew who He was, He knew He was the only begotten Son of God. He knew He was the spoken Word of God, the Logos, the Firstfruit, the Creator, the God of the Old Testament, He knew that.

He took on the form of a slave. He could have come as the king of Persia or something you know. But He took the form of a slave, a lowly servant. He said I’ve come to serve, not to be served.

John 5:21  For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom He will.

Jesus could raise anyone He wanted to From the dead, He said He could, He had the power to do it. He did raised a few people, Lazarus, and the girl, He could raise anybody, He had the power. But did He flaunt it? No.

It’s an amazing thing, God is perfect, He knows He is perfect, all wise, all knowing, all love - perfect. But Jesus Christ as God, is humble. It just doesn’t seem to go together, but actually it fits very nicely. Now it doesn’t say that the Father is humble, not that He is vain. But it does not say He is humble.

But Christ had to realize, He was not always. He knows He wasn’t always here as God. He had always known that God had made Him what He is, and it’s humbling you know. 

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:26:25 AM by Kat »

Kat

Re: Conference Transcript - How did Jesus Do "The Father's Will"
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 03:35:18 AM »

~Proof of Christ’s Messiahship and Sonship~
              (scriptures on Christ)

~John 5:17 - "My Father works hitherto and I work."
~John 5:21 - Jesus could raise anyone He wanted to from the dead.
~John 5:22 - The Father has committed all judgment to the Son.
~John 5:26 - The Father has given Christ to have life within Himself.
~John 5:30 - “I seek not Mine Own will, but the Will of My Father.”

This is the Creator of the whole universe talking here, who made the constellations, the galaxies, stars, the milky Way, He made the mountains, and the oceans too. But He can do nothing, He got it all from the Father. God is from the Father, He got life from the Father. Now if you don’t exist except by the Father, how can you take credit for anything? 

If someone has a great singing voice and some of them are thankful and realize it is a gift of God. It’s a gift, you can’t take credit for a gift. You can posses it and use it and appreciate it, but you can’t take credit for it. That should humble you.

~John 5:36 - Jesus did all the works that His Father gave Him to do.

How do you do the will of the God? You do all the works that the Father gives you to do. Well how do we know what those works are, well what did Jesus do? Now it does mean when you follow in His steps, not that you are going to hang on a cross and die for the sins of humanity. But you do have to hang on a cross...

"I have been crucified with Christ.” (Gal 2:20)

“Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?” (Rom 6:3)

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me.” (Gal 2:20)

You can’t take credit for what Christ did for you... see? 

So Christ gave us the example of what to do and with what attitude to do it. You will find there is no deviation from that, because Christ is the same yesterday, today and for ever. He patterns everything He does after the Father, who never changes.

~John 6:44 - “No man can come to Me except the Father draw him…”
~John 8:28 - “Jesus taught only what His Father taught Him.
~John 8:29 - “I do always those things that please My Father.”
~John 8:49 - “I honor My Father.”
~John 10:15 - “I know the Father, and I lay down My life for the sheep.”
~John 10:17 -  “My Father loves Me because I lay down My life.”
~John 10:18 - “No man takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself”
~John 10:25 - “The works I do in My Father’s name bear witness of me.”

What works done in His Father name? They’re all done in His Father’s name. That’s why He said if you don’t believe me, believe the works. Well what did He do?

John wanted to know if He was the Messiah, the One that I baptized, was that the Messiah? Christ said you go tell John, that the gospel is being preached to the poor, I heal all the sick, I raise the dead, and see what he thinks. John probably thought, yeap that’s Him.

~John 10:29 - “No one is able to pluck them out of My Father’s hand.”
~John 10:30 - “I and My Father ARE ONE.”
~John 10:37 - “If I do not the work of My Father, believe Me not.”
~John 11:42 - “Father…I know that You hear Me ALWAYS…”

Why? Because He did the Father’s Will. He always did what pleased Him. Through works that He did, the thoughts that He thought, the deeds that He did, the words that He spoke, they were all of the Father. He did it in humility.

~John 12: 29 - “The Father gave Me commandments what I speak and say.”

Christ get credit for nothing, nothing at all.

~John 13 :3 - “Jesus knowing the Father gave all things into His hands.”
~John 14:6 - “No man comes to the Father except by Me.”

Why? Because that’s the way the Father ordained it.

~John 14:10 - “The Father that dwells in Me, He does the works.”
~John 14:24 - “The word that you hear is not Mine but the Father’s.”

Do you begin to see how Christ did the Father’s Will. Everything He thought, everything that He said, every deed, every work done, was of the Father. That’s the Father’s Will.

We have many pages in the Bible, if you have a red letter Bible, you can read not only what all the apostles, but what everyone said about Christ. It said Christ went about doing good, Christ didn’t say that, someone else said that about Him. Read the black and red letters about what Christ was saying. 

All that I’m telling you now (these scriptures in John), are the words of Christ Himself.

~John 14:28 - “My Father is greater than I.”
~John 15:9 - “As the Father loved Me, so I loved you.”
~John 15:10 - “I have kept My Father commandment…”
~John 15:15 - “All that I heard of My Father I made known to you.”
~John 15:16 - “Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you.”
~John 17:1 - “Father glorify Thy Son that He  may glorify Thee.”
~Gal. 4:6 - Though Christ’s spirit we now cry out: “Abba Father.”

Why did Christ want to be glorified? So He could glorify the Father. When Christ said, “When you understand these things, you will say, Abba Father.” Abba is a Aramaic word, and scholars say it goes back to when little children, toddlers or babies would call their father Abba, or maybe we would say, Dada, okay, a very endearing term. That He’s not just the great God the Father, but Daddy and as Daddy He calls us little children. 

~Eph. 2:15 - “Through Christ we have access to the Father.”
~1 John 2:1 - “We have an Advocate with the Father- Jesus Christ.”
~1 John 4:14 - “The Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”

The churches say it will never happen, isn’t that disgusting. God Almighty commissioned His Son to be the Savior of the world. He said, Son I’m going to send You down there to be the Savior of the world, and all the ministers say as one, it will never happen, You can never pull it off God. Who do you think you are, is what they say to God. It’s incredible how that the biggest blasphemers of God Almighty, is the church. 

But don’t be to hard on them. Let me tell you something, God doesn’t call everybody to be one of His favorite chosen, elect, except from the church. So we don’t want to poo poo the church too bad, because that’s where He gets the elect from. I have never heard or known of an atheist converting and becoming one of God’s elect. They always go into the church first, to be corrupted by the church and then they’re shown the truth and they come out.

Rev 18:4  “And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, Come out of her, My people,”

Where are God’s people, in the corrupt church of Babylon.

Rev 17:5  “And on her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”

God said, guess what that’s where My people are. But they are not His elect until He elects them out. Then they become His chosen favorites, as will the rest, but not yet.

Act 10:38  “how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.”

Mat 4:23  And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people.

“… the Father has given Me to do the same works that I do, bear witness to Me that the Father has sent Me” (John 5:36). How He accomplished this: He healed the sick and raised the dead, fed the multitudes (can consist of 5000 or more). There was always multitudes around Him and innumerable multitude (the word innumerable in the Greek is a specific number, 10,000, it’s not really innumerable, but when they translate it into English that’s what you get), and He did this over and over again. He did everything He did it to perfection.

1 Peter 2:22-23 Who did NO SIN, neither guile found in His mouth. Who when He was reviled [vilified], reviled not again;  when He suffered He threatened not;  but committed Himself to Him [His Father] that judges righteously.

Heb 4:15  For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
v. 16  Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Some of you are now in a time of need. This is the time to go to God for mercy. Sometimes you just have to cry out for mercy, you say I don’t mind troubles Lord, but it’s just getting too heavy.

Mat 11:28  Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
v. 29  Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
v. 30  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."

So what do I do when I come to You? “take My yoke.” Wait a minute, I am heavy laden and you want to take a yoke, isn’t that work? Listen, what is a yoke? You don’t pay attention to the words. How many have heard this scripture, “come unto Me…. take My yoke…. learn from Me…” you have all read that.

What is a yoke? It‘s a connecter bar with two loops that go down around the necks of oxen. Two, it’s for two. Christ didn’t say put a yoke around your neck and drag it around all day and you’ll do fine. He said, take MY yoke. There are two places on a yoke, there are two oxen pulling. The yoke connects the two oxen and they pull together, because there is more power that way. Christ said take MY yoke, and put it on. So if your in one and it’s Christ’s yoke, who is going to be on the other side?  Christ. He is pulling the other side, He is right there with you, your not doing it yourself. Again when He talks about the yoke, He says I’m meek and humble.   

Phil. 2:7-8 But He made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made [emptied Himself of His glory and privileges] in the likeness of men. Being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also has high exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting (Eonian) life.

Why did God do that? Why did Christ volunteer to go to the cross? Well I’ve been told all my life that He died for my sins. But did He have to? Did He have to die for our sins? Is there no way to pardon sins, out of His love and mercy? Couldn’t He say, okay you have sinned, but I pardon you. After all what is grace. 

Eph 2:8  “For by grace you have been saved through faith.” 

Grace will save you, so why die? Did Christ have to die? Why did God want to die? Why would God want to become a man? When I say God I’m talking about Jehovah now, Jesus Christ. Did the Father ‘make’ His Son Jesus die? Did He ‘take’ His Son’s life? NO! 

John 10:17  For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it up again.
v. 18  No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father."

Jesus VOLUNTEERED HIS LIFE for us !!! While we were yet sinners (Rom. 5:08).

What the law couldn’t do and we couldn’t do, CHRIST DID (Rom. 8:3).

We must experience sin before we can be saved from it! How did Elohim come to a know of “good and evil?” We aren’t told.

Why did God want to become a man and die? Well there are a number of reasons. Jesus Christ is the First fruit, He is the Word, He is the Creator of all and so on. He made this human race and He gave them (all with the direction of the Father -Elohim) an experience of evil, which is not a nice thing. God did not say there is nothing wrong with evil, just sit back and enjoy it, He doesn’t talk like that. 

Eze 33:11  Say to them:  As I live, says the Lord Jehovah,  I have no delight in the death of the wicked,

God made us, He put us through it, but we will never in all eternity, be able to have a one-upmanship over God, by saying you don’t know what it’s like. It’s already decided. First of all, God gave up His Son, and for any of you that are parents, it is harder to give up a son than it is to give up yourself.

Now Christ is the actual Creator, He reduced Himself down to the very humans He made, to be just like them. Except He had the spirit of God. So He came down to show us how to live as a human being, under all duress, stress, and mess. He did it humbly and perfectly. So He set us an example and He could have stopped there. He could say I went through hunger, they tried to throw me off cliffs, they slapped Me, they mocked Me, they put spears in My side and I could have zapped them in a second. I let them do that for 33 years and never fought back, and never had a evil thought against them. 

He showed you how to live and He could have quite. But after He did all that, He said now I’m going to die for you, because I love you. Think about it, He didn’t have to die, nobody took His life. He said I lay down My life and “no one takes it from Me,” (John 10:18).

He died to prove to us that He loves us. He didn’t have to, He just did it. So we would know that He loves us. We can’t say, but our Creator had it made in the shade, no. He came down and was under the same temptations, under the same rules and regulations and then He went to the cross and died, voluntarily. He says in effect, if that doesn’t show that I love you, I don’t know what else I can do.

So that’s what He did and that’s why He died, because He loved us and He wanted to prove it. So He died for our sins. God excepted that for a sacrifice, but it was a voluntary sacrifice. It wouldn’t have needed to be done, they did it that way, but it didn’t need to be done that way. They (Israelites) were forgiven for a whole year, just by the sprinkling of a goat’s blood, in the Holy place on the Day of Pentecost.

But Christ wanted to prove to the human race that He was every bit as good of a man, as any other man was. He doesn’t sit in His ivory tower telling us how great He is. He did it as a man. God became a man and died, because He loves His creation and He wanted us to know He loves us. This is awesome stuff. It’s like a fairytale from Greek mythology, but it’s not, it the Bible.

So He puts us through hell to get us in His family. It’s necessary to go through this pain and suffering and evil, to become holy, righteous, and good, you have to go through it.

I got as email just yesterday, a man said anybody that couldn’t do what God wants to do  for humanity, instantly, is not God. Some things, by there very nature, require time and circumstances. The gift of the Holy Spirit is patience, well I want it and I want it now, no. Patience is waiting for something under duress and the pain of not having it, that’s patience. How can you develop that without time and duress. The more you think about it, just try to think of one virtue, love, kindness, faith, any virtue that you try to think of, that is not in some way, shape or form the result of overcoming some form of evil. To be good you must overcome evil. Because your tendency is to be evil.

1Cor 15:1  Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,
v. 2  and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.
v. 3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
v. 4  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures;

We have yet much to learn!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:34:05 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.