bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unforgivable Sin  (Read 5756 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Unforgivable Sin
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:39:11 PM »

Hello Ray,

I've been looking at the idea of the "unforgivable" sin. I decided to see what you had written on the subject (2 emails that you've placed on your website). Your corrections to the use of "never" made sense, especially in light of the idea of ages, rather than eternal.

But I read what you wrote a couple times and you never really responded to Luke 12:10.

There is no usage of "eternal", "ages", or "never".
        But it does say "not" in a different way then the other scriptures. 
"...but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven."

The fact that the sentence ends with "shall NOT be forgiven.", without any exceptions or limitations tacked on, seems to leave "not" as a concrete statement. There is no "for", "until", "through", or any other form of conjunction followed by a time frame to indicate an end... I know the other verses can indicate an end, but I don't see that in this one. Your insight?

Thanks.
        Jojo

Dear Jojo:
        I have probably answered this question a hundred times over the years. Not your specific Scripture, but any Scripture that indicates that someone will die in his sins, and not be forgiven, and not be in the kingdom of God, etc.  What amazes me is that I cannot recall one time that anyone has presented this from the positive perspective. That is not one person has ever asked how someone could "NOT be forgiven," when there are dozens of and dozens of Scriptures that show that ALL shall be forgiven and saved. I would venture to say that 90% of all Bible questions that I am asked are concerning negative contradictions, or negative comments that I contradict the Scriptures.

First recognize, Jojo, that there is not this one Scripture which suggests that some "shall NOT be forgiven,:" but there are HUNDREDS of such Scriptures:

"...and he that believes not the Son shall NOT see life..." (John 3:36).

"...broad is the way that leads to DESTRUCTION..." (Matt. 7:13).

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: DEPART FROM ME...." (Matt. 7:23).

"DESTROY Thou them, O God...CAST THEM OUT..." (Psalm 5:10).

"Who shall be punished with EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION...." (I Thes. 1:9).

"Whose END IS DESTRUCTION..." (Phil. 3:19). Etc., etc., etc.

Jojo, "broad is the way to destruction" IN THIS LIFE.  Not one of these verses is
        speaking of the final destiny of sinners. Judgment will save sinners in the resurrection:
        "When Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the inhabitants OF THE WORLD WILL
        LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9).  Is God going to eternally destroy and
        not forgive "THE RIGHTEOUS?" This "save in this life ONLY" doctrine of Christendom
        is one of the most damnable doctrines on the face of the earth.

God be with you,
        Ray

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 11:28:53 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.