bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Ordained  (Read 5201 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
For Ordained
« on: April 03, 2007, 08:53:05 AM »

I understand you've gotten a load of emails regarding your "god did not for-ordain me to eat girl scout cookies" email and i appologize if there is something obvious that i am still not understanding but have you taken in consideration....

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
        All the days ordained for me
        were written in your book
        before one of them came to be.

-psalm 139:16 ?

so is everything pre-ordained or not?

Dear :
        As I mentioned, there are numerous words translated "ordain[ed]," which have various meanings. These need to all be considered, which I really just don't have the time to go into now. Ecc. also tells us that there is a 'SEASON' for everything under heaven, but does this mean an actual "ordination" of each event? Etc. Way too big a subject, and I just can't take the time to go into it now. We KNOW FOR A FACT that God knows the end from the beginning and therefore foreknows ALL THINGS. So I don't really even see the point in splitting hairs over semantics in this, other than there are those who have always been trying to trap me in a condradiction so that they will then feel they are not responsible for ANYTHING that they have learned and can go back to their old way of sinning.

The word translated "ordain" as in "ordain" Elders in every city" etc. is something that is done in a special spiritual way that certainly would not be applied to a statement like: "ORDAIN perverts in every city to rape little girls and cut their heads off."  I am really getting tired and a bit weary of this whole debate.
        God be with you,
        Ray

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 04:26:18 PM by Craig »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.