bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flesh and blood CANNOT  (Read 6269 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Flesh and blood CANNOT
« on: April 11, 2006, 09:51:28 PM »

Hi Ray,
I appreciate the following scripture you quoted

"Flesh and blood CANNOT inherit the kingdom of God; neither does corruption inherit incorruption" (I Cor. 15:50).

My understanding was, that it is not the exact same body that you have when you're body is ressurected.
It is a "glorified" body.

But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body...So will it be with the resurrection of the dead.  The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual bodyâ€? (1 Corinthians 15:35-38,42-44)

Now, Jesus himself after raising from the dead had a physical (appearing) body (or at least could take on physical form)
He could be someone that his disciples didn't recognize, he could also be someone they did physically recognize even going so far as eating a piece of broiled fish with them.
They were worried he was a ghost (spirit only) but he proved that he was also physical.
Luke 24:37-43

But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

Luk 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them [his] hands and [his] feet.

Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

Luk 24:43 And he took [it], and did eat before them.

Jesus had some TYPE of Body that He could dwell in. Was it EXACTLY the same body he formerly had? No. But, the way you are comming across, there will only be spirit, no physical anything.

Do you have a link to anywhere where you elaborate more?

Thank you for your website and your hard work.

God bless you
Allan

Dear Allan:
We just have to believe the Scriptures:  "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward THAT WHICH IS SPIRITUAL" (I Cor. 15:46). After the physical comes the spiritual and then there is NO MORE PHYSICAL--it has all been replaced.

"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen ARE TEMPORARY..." (II Cor. 4:18).  I don't think I need to explain what "temporary" means.
God be with you,
Ray

PS: I am not sure if I am understanding what you believe the word says on Sabbath keeping...I do understand your opposition to Sunday being kept as though it is a Sabbath and I agree with that opposition.
Do you feel that Saturday is supposed to be kept as Sabbath even by followers of Christ, or would you agree that Jesus IS our Sabbath. He IS our rest and therefore any literal day is of little significance?
Like Paul who said that some keep a day as special others treat all days alike (paraphrased).

Thank you again
Allan

Dear Allan:
Jesus didn't keep the Sabbath as a physical day of rest from Friday sunset till Saturday sunset and neither do I. As for the day of the Sun being a Christian day set aside for worship, is plain unscriptural poppycock.
Read Mike's paper on 'The Law of Moses......"
God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:30:34 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.