bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian?  (Read 5297 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Christian?
« on: May 10, 2007, 10:11:39 PM »

Hi Ray I have been reading your site for awhile know.So far I can't find anything i can disserage with.You have done a lot of reading of the Bible,and I belive you have the answer to most questions, any way all that I have had untill now. I have look and look at the things you have,and I can't find what the word Ghristian Means. In Acts26;27-29 king Agrippa said unto         Paul       that he had almost persuade me to become a Christian.Byt Paul  answering him did not call himself a christian.I get the feeling that to be called a Christian was not a good thing.Can you tall me where I can find out about this?There is so much I have been taught in the Churches that is not true,I don't want to be called a Christian,if that is not right.I do not go to any Church any more.I do want to thank you for setting me free.I do my own studing with the Bible and help from you and other web-sit es like yours.Thank you agan.Yours truly Caroline Ray

Dear Caroline: "Christian" is used but two times in Scriptures: I Peter 4:16 and Acts 26:28. It comes from the Greek word "Christianos" and it means "a follower of Christ."  It probably was meant to be an epithet by those who used it, but it doesn't necessarily need to be considered such by those who follow Christ. I do not use the title because I don't want to be confused with the system called "Christendom," which teaches virtually everything contrary to the Scriptures.
    God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.