bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eionian Time?  (Read 5063 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Eionian Time?
« on: May 28, 2007, 06:32:26 PM »

Dear Ray,

Lately I've been pondering the concept of "eonian life." By studying the Scriptures we know that it doesn't mean "eternity" or "eternal."  We also know that "eonian" is the adjective of eon and means simply, of or pertaining to the eons. Now, we also know that when the Saints are resurrected that they will be resurrected with spiritual bodies, not physical. We will have an immortal spiritual body like Christ. Christ is not constrained by the physical world like us mortals. Seeing that God, through Christ, made the eons and time, Christ in His spiritual body is not constrained by time either. So, my question is, when we receive our immortal spiritual bodies and gift of eonian life, does that mean we will live only in the oncoming eons or could it possibly mean that we would have access to all the eons, past present and future? I was just wondering if you have ever thought about this or if there is any Scripture to prove or disprove it?

Thanks f or your time,

Dear David: Yes, I've thought about it, but I don't dwell on such things, seeing that there is little Scripture to go on. There is one interesting statement in Isa. 57:15 which states that the "Lofty One inhabits eternity" (King James). But as we know the Scriptures know nothing of "eternity," this is a wrong translation. "Eternity" is taken from the Hebrew word "ad" and it has to do with the future, not the modern concept of "eternity." Concordant translates it "Who tabernacles the FUTURE..." and Rotherham has "inhabiting futurity..."  Which suggests nothing regarding the past. That is the only Scripture on this subject that I am aware of.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.