bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Witnessing?  (Read 5356 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Witnessing?
« on: July 05, 2007, 08:37:01 PM »

Dear Ray,

I've been studying your web site and would like to ask you a question.

I am a 45 yr old Hispanic woman whose husband is mentally ill. We've been married for 25 years and raised 2 well adjusted children {they now in serve in the military -Iraq-but as civilians they are a pharmacist and aeronautics engineer}, the trials of mentally illness has over time tried to take it's toll but we've always let God steer the direction we take and as long a we've been married it's always been that way. We're still growing strong and if it weren't for God's direction and protection, outside forces would have taken us and our marriage out along time ago.

Over the last 20 years of our marriage a lot of sacrifices were made, my professional career for one. I stay home to take care of my husband, but during this time I try to serve God any way he sees fit. I am an advocate for the mentally ill, physically handicapped and the elderly. I work from home and all of my services are free. I advocate in situations were federally funded agencies fail in provided services, and since 2003, my services quadrupled. Many of these individuals find it amazing that I do what I do for free and wonder how in the world we survive on what my husband's income provides. I simply answer that out heavenly Father takes care of our needs, and he does, with out a doubt. So here is my shame:

I study God's word and make do with what wisdom he allows me, so when I reply that Father takes care of us, there is always this overcoming feeling that I'm not saying enough. Like enough credit isn't being given of my Heavenly Father. I take every opportunity to share his precious gift, but that feeling, it's always there.

Over the years, I have witnessed to many people, especially the down trodden of the mentally ill. Of those, they try in earnest to learn more, I give what I have in the knowledge that was given to me and am always careful to back it up, I just never know if it is enough. I'm not looking for kudos, just the knowing that I gave what they needed to hear. I don't know why I was chosen to do this but it never fails, people come to us when it's the worst time of their lives, and witnessing always comes up. We don't pursue witnessing but it never fails, these people want to hear.

I can never tell if this is what they need in their spiritual life. I can't find any concrete verses in His Word to know this. Where can I look?

Engratis,

Esther

Dear Esther:  In 1Peter 3:15 we are told,  "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

This is really the basis for the best way to answer anyone. You cannot be persuasive unless what you tell someone is something that you yourself are living and experiencing.  You need to tell them about the "hope that IS IN YOU."  The them how you feel about God and about how you live your life for God, and there can be no better witness than this. If your faith is solid and your life is an example of godly living, then it will have an effect on those you comfort.
        God be with you,
        Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.