bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Tim. 4:10  (Read 5405 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
I Tim. 4:10
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:43:11 PM »

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach because we trust in the living
God, Who is the Saviour of all men, especially of those that believe" - I Tim. 4:10.

Ray, some folks in our home church have been studying the notion of Christian Univeral Salvation.  In part of my studies, I Googled the verse above from the book of Timothy.  Here is the alternate explanaition to your interpretation which at least seems plausible to me.  It goes something like this:  The term "savior" in this verse refers to God more in the sense of provider for, or protector of, earthly things.  And so God is in fact the savior of all men (in that it rains on the just and unjust).  But he is especially the savior of those who have trusted him for their "eternal" salvation.  I hope I have at least done justice to the argument.  Can you comment with any thoughts?  Thanks for your time.Lenny

Dear Lenny:Yes, I would be happy to.

This is just another example of total unscriptural balderdash! It is invented, distorted, heresy.  It hinges on blasphemy. Now then...................

The word "Savior" as found in this verse is the Greek word "sotare" and is found 24 times in the Greek New Testament and it is always spelled with a capital "S" and it ALWAYS MEANS--"a deliverer, that is God or Christ, Saviour." It is found first in Luk 1:47 "And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour."  Any question as to Who it is and What it means in this verse? It is used the same way 23 more times and it always means the very same thing.

It is sheer heresy to suggest that in Luke 10:4, it has a different meaning.  What God is "especially" the Saviour of, He is also the "Saviour of all men."  One cannot change boats in midstream.  It is the high of stupidity to suggest that one "loves ALL ice cream, especially chocolate," but that the fact that he especially loves chocolate somehow, mysteriously, strangely, stupidly negates the fact that he "loves ALL ice cream."  The "all men" and the "believers" all stand or fall together. They are ALL SAVED.  If the "all men" are not saved, then the words "especially" are totally meaningless.

When Paul told Timothy in  2Ti 4:13 "The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments" was he telling Timothy that he wanted to receive the "parchments" ONLY?  Did he not also want the "cloke & books?"  I just marvel at the extend carnal-minded haters and despisers of God's Word will go to defame God's grand and glorious declarations.
    God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.