bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hebrews 1  (Read 5131 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Hebrews 1
« on: January 27, 2008, 09:16:50 AM »

Hello Ray,

I have read most of your site and pretty much agree with all of it. But I have a question?
Just who is referring to who in Hebrews 1 (who Jesus and who is God), when it mentions He and His (throughout the passage)? Is it an error? If you can help me please.

Your brother in Christ, Ovi

Okay, Ovi, but just this once:

Heb 1:1 God [FATHER], who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son [JESUS], whom [JESUS] He [FATHER] hath appointed heir of all things, by whom [JESUS] also He [FATHER] made the worlds;

Heb 1:3 Who [JESUS] being the brightness of his [FATHER] glory, and the express image of His [FATHER] person, and upholding all things by the word of His [JESUS] power, when He [JESUS] had by Himself [JESUS] purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high [FATHER];

Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as He [JESUS] hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they [ANGELS].

Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said He [FATHER] at any time, Thou [ANGELS] art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him [ANGELS] a Father, and he [ANGELS] shall be to me a Son?

Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten [JESUS] into the world, He [FATHER]  saith, And let all the angels of God worship him [JESUS].

Heb 1:7 And of the angels He [FATHER]  saith, Who maketh His [FATHER] angels spirits, and His [FATHER] ministers a flame of fire.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he [FATHER]  saith, Thy throne, O God [JESUS], is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Thy [JESUS] kingdom.

Heb 1:9 Thou [JESUS] hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy [JESUS]  God, hath anointed thee [JESUS] with the oil of gladness above Thy [JESUS] fellows.

Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord [FATHER], in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of Thine [FATHER] hands:

Heb 1:11 They shall perish; but Thou [FATHER] remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

Heb 1:12 And as a vesture shalt Thou [FATHER] fold them up, and they shall be changed: but Thou [FATHER] art the same, and Thy [FATHER] years shall not fail.

Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said He [FATHER] at any time, Sit on My [FATHER] right hand, until I [FATHER] make thine [ANGELS] enemies thy [ANGELS] footstool?

Hope that helps you.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.