bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spiritual Lesson  (Read 5885 times)

Martinez

Spiritual Lesson
« on: March 26, 2008, 04:44:56 AM »

Hi all.

Today I received a spiritual lesson. here's what happened.

I woke up and my wife asked me if I would go to Her sister's place and do some painting.
I said yes, so we had breakfast, jumped in the car and headed out there.
My sister in law is staying with Her mother (my mother in law) so we had to go there first.
Now usually I hate going to my mother in law's place. I usually hate going there but today it wasn't to bad.
We then head to my sister law's place to see what needed to be done. it was about midday, so I said I would rather come down early tomorrow morning and start the painting. so far so good, I didn't suspect a thing.
We went back to my mother in law's briefly before heading home.

Before I go any further I'll have to tell you about my mother and sister in law.

I'm not a big fan of either my mother or my sister in law. I consider them both to be bad hypocrites! My mother in law is always talking the christian talk but not walking the christian walk. She has six kids, none of which she has ever looked after properly, in fact, She doesn't have a clue, and when it comes to kids not getting looked after properly, I get very angry!

My sister in law is super rebellious and does some things that would make anyone pull their hair out in frustration and disbelief! having said that, that doesn't give me any right to judge, but then again if I could help it just because I know it's not right, I'd have mastered sin right?

So anyway this is what happened when I got home.

I opened the car door and there was a terrible smell, and when I say terrible, I mean horrific!
We went up stairs and it reeked bad!
I looked around and saw that the kitty litter was overflowing and needed emptying pronto, so I went and dealt with it. when I got back from that however, I noticed that it still reeked, so I had a look around, and noticed that there was a wok that we had used to cook satay chicken in a few nights before. I washed it out, but there was still a really foul smell coming from somewhere, so I looked a noticed that there was two lots of chicken that I had taken out of the fridge a few days ago and had forgotten about but didn't throw out because we could feed it to the cats, so it got left out overnight and half the day today. It was totally rank! it was a hot day today and man that chicken really reeked bad!
I threw the chicken away and instantly things got better.

After I had dealt the chicken, I went to the bathroom to wash my hands.
I was walking out of the bathroom after washing my hands when it hit me!
The Lord was teaching me a lesson and I instantly knew what He was getting at, because this scripture came to mind.

Mat 7:3  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Now the verse is about eyes and the lesson involved houses, but it's the same principal!
If He had talked to me audibly this would probably been what He would have said to me.

You hypocrite! why do you concern yourself with mother and sister in law's house, when your own house stinks!

I'm am very grateful to my Lord for this lesson. I wasn't sure if I should post this or not, but I thought someone might get something out of it.

Martinez.

Chris R

Re: Spiritual Lesson
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 04:55:21 AM »

Hi Martinez

I fully understand your plight, I reckon we all should clean up our own house before criticizing someone Else's.

Looking around i suppose i had better take your advice, and clean up some of my own mess!

Take care...thanks for the note!

Chris R

Robin

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 05:11:05 AM »

Those are what I call "Oh! Sorry" lessons.

Stevernator

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 05:12:25 AM »

Hi Martinez , ;D
That was beautiful!
Thanks for the reminder!
-Steve

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 05:16:52 PM »

Hello Martinez

You hypocrite! why do you concern yourself with mother and sister in law's house, when your own house stinks!

That is excellent contemporary English for what I think the Lord would say today!  ;D

Thank you for posting!

Peace to you
Arcturus :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »

Hi Martinez,

I agree with everyone else, great message, great post!

Peace,

Joe

Martinez

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 10:45:12 PM »

Yeah, It's not my message, It was just a message for me.
I didn't analyse it from every angle, but I did notice the main thing that was and is stinking out my spiritual house was and is dead flesh!
If only it was as easy to get rid of the dead flesh and clean out my spiritual house in real life, um spiritual life, um I think you know what I mean.

Samson

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 01:11:58 AM »

Hi Martinez

I fully understand your plight, I reckon we all should clean up our own house before criticizing someone Else's.

Looking around i suppose i had better take your advice, and clean up some of my own mess!

Chris R

Hello Martinez,

Thankyou for sharing your experience, all of us probably, at one time or another have had a similiar experience, part of the human imperfect experience. As you stated in your Post, you apparently learned something as a result of it or at least reminded by it (Matt.7:3-5). Think of all the people on this planet who won't learn the lesson in their lifetime or who don't care to, all of this shows, at least you care. I like the comment by Chris, stated above about cleaning your own house first, before worrying about the condition of someone else's.

The United States is notorius for minding everybody else's business and judging the household condition of another country, after reading the Twin Towers article by Ray, it's not likely their going to do any house cleaning at all.

Enjoy reading ones life experiences, thanks for sharing your experience.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

Martinez

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 01:22:07 AM »

Hi Martinez

Chris R

Hello Martinez,

Thankyou for sharing your experience, all of us probably, at one time or another have had a similiar experience, part of the human imperfect experience. As you stated in your Post, you apparently learned something as a result of it or at least reminded by it (Matt.7:3-5). Think of all the people on this planet who won't learn the lesson in their lifetime or who don't care to, all of this shows, at least you care. I like the comment by Chris, stated above about cleaning your own house first, before worrying about the condition of someone else's.

The United States is notorius for minding everybody else's business and judging the household condition of another country, after reading the Twin Towers article by Ray, it's not likely their going to do any house cleaning at all.

Enjoy reading ones life experiences, thanks for sharing your experience.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

Wow Samson!

Thanks heaps for that. you just made me think of something.
Even God cleans His house before He worries about everyone elses!

1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

He is also cleaning all the dead flesh out of His house!

Awesome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.