bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on www.askelm.com (Assoc. for Scriptural Knowledge)?  (Read 8383 times)

Dave-in-PA

Hey all...
I came across this website a while ago and searched here to see if anyone ever mentioned it, but could not find any previous comments.  (Hopefully I'm not igonorant of something everyone has known about all along.  :-\)

Has anyone reviewed this site and formed an opionion of their doctrines/teachings? From what I've read it seems very much in line with Ray's teaching regarding salvation, hell, trinity, resurrection, rapture, etc.  I have not found anything yet that is in conflict with Ray, although admittedly, I've only looked at a fraction of the material there.  But it seems pretty interesting.  A lot of science and history articles.

Would love to hear other comments on the site.

sorry no links
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:59:39 AM by Chris R »

Matt

I found this e-mail that might shed some light on what Ray says about that site.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4068.0.html

Matt

Chris R

Hi Dave in PA

Sorry for the edit, but we are hesitant on allowing links for a few reasons.

The first is, we are here to discuss www.bibletruths.com  Those funding this site do not wish to promote other sites, if you see what i mean.

Second

There is so much material on the link you provided it would take me and the other 5 moderators weeks to see if all the information was truthful.

I hope you will continue to post, and understand our reasoning

Thankyou

Chris R

Dave-in-PA

I understand Chris.  I apologize.   I really wasn't asking for anybody to spend time reviewing it all, but more just wondering if anyone had already done so and had formed an opinion.   I wouldn't waste my time there if others had already found it to be contradictory to Ray.   

I appreciate Ray's teachings and am not trying to promote another site, but I do enjoy reading the works of other scholars that further support and agree with Ray's teachings.  In discussing topics like universal salvation to my Christian friends and family I feel it helps to have several sources to pull expertise from to show that the doctrine is not just the opinion of some retired guy in Alabama.

hillsbororiver

Hi Dave,

I got a laugh from the following;

In discussing topics like universal salvation to my Christian friends and family I feel it helps to have several sources to pull expertise from to show that the doctrine is not just the opinion of some retired guy in Alabama.

:D

As a matter of fact I am quite sure Ray would have gotten a chuckle as well!

I only want to say that if the folks you are presenting this to have the desire (from above) to search the Word of God the only witnesses you need are the scriptural witnesses that are presented in the articles and living your life as an example of Him within you.

Producing a "number" of men or women who also believe or teach UR will not ever in and of itself be a convincing witness as this truth will always (in this life) be a very small minority's viewpoint.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

lilitalienboi16

Hi Dave,

I got a laugh from the following;

In discussing topics like universal salvation to my Christian friends and family I feel it helps to have several sources to pull expertise from to show that the doctrine is not just the opinion of some retired guy in Alabama.

:D

As a matter of fact I am quite sure Ray would have gotten a chuckle as well!

I only want to say that if the folks you are presenting this to have the desire (from above) to search the Word of God the only witnesses you need are the scriptural witnesses that are presented in the articles and living your life as an example of Him within you.

Producing a "number" of men or women who also believe or teach UR will not ever in and of itself be a convincing witness as this truth will always (in this life) be a very small minority's viewpoint.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Amen Joe! We know that the truth is not accepted in the world. Jesus came unto His own, and His own recieved Him not, He was in the world and the world knew Him not. Atleast i think that's how that verse goes ;)

In Christ,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.