bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matthew 28:19  (Read 5371 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Matthew 28:19
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:40:15 PM »

Hi Ray. Hope all is well with you.

I read the forum daily, and often with amazement read some of the emails you get that Craig posts. I just read the one where the lady calls your audios "terrible" and goes on about them being too involved etc. I just wanted to let you know I find all of your audio talks to be very easy to follow, your style of teaching easy to follow, your voice very clear, and the informal way in which you speak is a breath of fresh air amongst the thousands of "Charlton Heston from Moses" style preachers that spout endless heresy anyway. I like the way in which you can take a very difficult to understand scripture with a deep spiritual meaning, and use a parable of your own to make it easy to understand to the listener. The odd one or two are a little hard to hear because of the recording quality, but thats nothing to be concerned about. Anyway, just thought I would let you know that what you do is much appreciated.

Ok a question if I may. I know that there is much theological debate and strong evidence to suggest that Matthew 28:19 was never in the original manuscripts, and was inserted much later by trinitarian Christians. Can the same be said for 2 Cor 13:14? Paul ends none of his other letters in this way, and never aknowledges the Holy Spirit as a separate entity in any introduction to his letters. Thank you for your time, I know you are extremely busy.

God bless you always.

YBIC

David

Dear David: Thank you for your email and comments.

No, I don't see a problem with I Cor. 13:14, as it is in keeping with other Scriptures and other statements of Paul.  Our fellowship/communion (they are both translated from the same Greek word), is through God's Holy Spirit which is also Christ's Holy Spirit. Remember the Spirit that Jesus promised would come to His disciples?  So it is through that Spirit that we fellowship or commune with God and Jesus. Virtually the same thing is stated in Phil. 2:1--

Phi 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any FELLOWSHIP OF THE SPIRIT, if any bowels and mercies,

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.