bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the point of believing in Christ?  (Read 5392 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
What is the point of believing in Christ?
« on: April 07, 2008, 10:14:12 PM »

> Hello Ray,
>
> I've enjoyed your site and am impressed by your
> research and knowledge - very eye-opening!
>
> I have a question, which is in no way intended to be
> flippant or disrespectful?
>
> If there is no Hell or eternal punishment, than what
> is the point of believing in Christ?
>
> Thanks again and I hope you will find time to answer
> this for me. It's very important for me to know.
>
> Blessings to you and happy holidays!
> Luanne

Dear Luanne:  We could just as easily ask: "If there IS an hell of eternal torture for most of our grandmothers and grandfathers, what would be the point of believing in Christ?"  I couldn't worship a "god" who would torture most of the grandfathers and grandmothers and great grandfathers and great grandmothers of the entire human race in literal fire for all eternity. That is total insanity. (See My HELL series for proof that if 90% of humanity is going to hell as Christendom suggests, then the majority of people suffering in hell would be Great grandmothers, etc.)

Surprising as it may sound, there is not one Scripture in the entirety of the Bible which states that Jesus came to "save us from HELL."  Why do you suppose that is?  Because Jesus does NOT save us from hell. Jesus saves us from such evil, and foolishness, and pride, and vanity, and evil, and pain, and suffering, and disease, and fear, and sin, and DEATH. Those are the things that Jesus saves us from, and none will be saved except THROUGH & BY Jesus Christ. So therefore, all will come to Jesus eventually, and He will save all humanity. That is the "Good News Gospel" as opposed to the Christian "BAD News Gospel."
God be with you,
Ray
>
>
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:26:48 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.