bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 5116 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Trinity
« on: April 10, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »

Dear Michael:  I will make a few COMMENTS...in your email:

Dear Mr. Smith,
    I just most of your treatise on the trinity ( maybe I'll read the rest later) but your logic is so ill founded that it seems amazing anyone would fall for it. You make fundamental errors that have lead down a dark path.

COMMENT:  Well it was nice of you to present me with about five or six examples of what you accuse me?

The trinity is clearly taught in the scriptures (Jesus said; "Before Abraham was, I am." John 8:58

COMMENT:  Jesus said: "Before Abraham was, I am," and THAT PROVES that God is a trinity of THREE PERSONS?  What kind of unscriptural nonsense is that? What kind of "logic" is that?

I could go on and on but the troubling thing is that a good friend of mine is falling for your shananigans.

COMMENT: If you could "go on and on" with such unscriptural "shenanigans" as you have just presented, you would prove nothing but your own Scriptural ignorance.

The fact that we don't understand the trinity is wonderful to me because if we could understand God then, we would BE God.

COMMENT:  Brilliant!  Hasting's Bible Dictionary freely admits that the Scriptures do NOT teach that God is a trinity of three persons. You then state that you DO NOT understand your own belief, and you then proceed to ridicule me? Unbelievable.

Maybe you should listen to John MacArthur-- he's a real student of the Bible. God set up the tribe of Levi to be priests for Israel and today, we should all be students of the Bible but God knows most of us have to work and raise a family full time so, He has given us great theologians over the years to help with our understanding of scripture; ignoring them would be a slap in God's face.

COMMENT:  So if we ignore theologians who lie and deceive us about doctrines that are "NOT in the Bible," and yourself do "NOT understand," then we are "slapping God in the face."  Are your crazy?  Where do you come up with such carnal-minded, unscriptural foolishness?

Over time you learn to discern the good, bad and the ugly and you my friend are the latter. At least, though, you are spending time in the Word; it just hasn't translated into correct doctrine for you.
    I'll pray for you,
    --Mike

COMMENT:  So I am "bad and ugly?"  Cute.  Although you could be right about that.
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.