bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holy Days?  (Read 6131 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Holy Days?
« on: May 13, 2006, 10:41:33 AM »

Ray, Your website is about the most interesting one I have come across.
I probably won't agree with 100% of everything you have to say, but I do
believe you are trying your best to help guide people closer to Christ. I
have been a member of a seventh day sabbath church for most of my life. I was not brought up any particular denomination, this is just the way I chose because of the recurrent references to the "Seventh day Sabbath" in the Bible as a whole.

The church I attend only celebrates the weekly sabbaths, however, in the New Testament even Christ himself participated in the weekly sabbaths and also in annual sabbaths or "Holy Days". ie. Feast of Tabernacles, the Passover, Day of Atonement and a few others. I can tell by the articles you have posted on your website t hat you are quite knowledgeable of the Bible and are probably not biased. So can you please give us some of your insights on the subject of weekly and annual sabbaths. Thank you in advance and God bless you for all of your efforts.

Bob

Dear Bob: You topic is an interesting one, but however, one entirely too big to answer in any detail in an email--it would take days to answer thoroughly.

Suffice it to say:

1. Jesus did NOT keep the Sabbath. He taught in the synagogues on the Sabbath because that is the time that everyone was gathered together, not because Jesus wanted to "keep" the sabbath day. Jesus healed and commanded to carry a bed on the Sabbath which was against the law of Moses. Neither did Jesus' disciples observe the sabbath according to Moses. Jesus did not deny breaking the sabbath in Matt. 12. He showed that His breaking of the sabbath was NOT A SIN. He used David and the Priests to substantiate His claim, plus the much greater reason being that Jesus Himself was Lord of the Sabbath.

2. Jesus did not keep the Annual Holy Days. Jesus did not eat the passover on the eve of Nisan 15, but rather they ate a supper on the eve of Nisan 14. Jesus was crucified late afternoon before the 15th just as the passover lambs were being killed--of ocurse, Jesus WAS  the True Passover Lamb. "THAT sabbath was an HIGH DAY" we are told. The weekly sabbath was also the Passover and first day of Unleavened bread which is always an Holy Sabbath Day.

Jesus didn't keep the Feast of Pentecost or Trumpets, or Atonement--Jesus IS our Atonement.  Jesus said that He and His disciples wouldn't fast during His ministry. Jesus did not keep the Feast of Tabernacles. The made no temporary booths in which to live for seven days. Jesus sent His disciples up to the feast, but He stayed back. He went up later in the feast to TEACH, not to keep the feast. Etc.

3. There is nothing physial that will make you spiritual. The Sabbath has a spiritual fulfillment. It is a rest that we enter into with God. When we have the real thing, we no longer need to be observing the shadow or type of the REAL THING, which is CHIRST.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.