bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eve  (Read 5562 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Eve
« on: June 07, 2008, 02:11:33 PM »

Dear Michael: We need to be very careful in not assuming things that are totally untrue. I will make a few COMMENTS......in your email:

Dear Ray,

I am emailing you because I believe you to be a true man of God. I have been studying the book of Genesis on the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. I researched the Hebrew word "naga" for touch and found it to be a euphemism for "to lie with a woman."  Please help me to get some understanding on this issue. So what was the original sin that took place in the Garden.

COMMENT:  The Scriptures only tell us that they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil which was forbidden to do.  The sin was "disobedience to God's commandments" beginning in Gen. 1:28.

What was the seed of the serpent?

COMMENT:  Joh 8:44 Ye [the Pharisees, verse 13]are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one [the Devil].

Act 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

ALL who disobey God and follow the Devil are the children [seed] of Satan.

I have heard some say that it was sex, between Eve and the serpent.

COMMENT:  That really is absurd. If eating the forbidden fruit was "having sex with the serpent, Satan," then when Adam ate the fruit, I guess he committed a homosexual act on Satan.  Do you see where this kind of reasoning will take one?
    The word "touch" in Gen. 3 is in the "KAL--future," and every time it is used this way from Genesis to Zechariah, it is never once used to suggest  "lying with a woman."
    God be with you,
    Ray

I do know that Eve experienced pain and sorror at conception. And the fruit she gave Adam was not herself. Please do not disregard my email, but provide me some biblical proof on this issue. You touched on sin in the Garden, but you did not go into detail on the actual sin.

I praise God for the Spirit that dwells within you.

Sincerely,
    Michael       
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.