bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The children  (Read 5315 times)

Sirach

The children
« on: August 04, 2008, 07:30:04 PM »

Hi all,

I just finished a conversation with my 14 year old daughter on the facts i learned last couple of months. As you might understand it was kinda difficult, becos what her father (me:)) had to tell her, and what she had learned at school and in the church had some differences. Now i didnt go all the way, i only talked about hell and God's judgement and how God's rightious judgement would not last forever for people who are not brought to Jesus Christ in this life...and she had a lot of trouble understanding.

She likes going to church, with her friends, with the son of the pastor who she like a lot...she like the pastor...and all the things her father told her confioused her..to tears.

Are there people with the same kind of experiences ? I would love to hear your stories.

Becos of holliday season i will not responce for a couple of weeks....going to Spain tomorrow morning for a holliday with the family. I guess some of you have experienced the same situation...what did you do (besides pray a lot)

Greetings from Holland

God bless you all

OBrenda

Re: The children
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 12:53:53 AM »

Hi Sirach,

I'm a Grandma, so when I came to understand these truths my daughter was over 20 years. I remember at 14 everything was a struggle, so I'm not surprised by your daughters reaction.  And it certainly is distressing to Moms & Dads to protect our Kids from the deception out there. I think every child is different and there are no formulas that always work.  I would encourage you to trust God to seek him leading you into what he would have you say to her...

Luke 21:14
So purpose in your hearts not to prepare your defense ahead of time,  because I will give you the ability to speak, along with wisdom, that none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute.

Hope you enjoyed your Holiday.  Post pictures if you can.
Brenda

Heidi

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 06:25:15 AM »

My girls are both 15 and 17 years of age and like your daughter have grown up in a church with all its lies.  They have both noticed such a change in me that they are now only starting to ask questions.  And this is my advice to you, the truth has set you free....live a life worthy of Him, allow her to see the difference in your spirit and remember that Gods word will not return void unto Him if it has been purposed.  Just love her - you don't have to so anything else....

gmik

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 12:50:14 PM »

Sirach, I am still living thru it.  I worked all my life raising my 3 children to be Christian. Sacrificed for Christian Schooling and Christian College.  I absolutely blew them away when I announced I had found the truth and would no longer be going to church.  (Gee, notice how many "I"'s are in there :()

They don't get it!  I was their hero (they said) How could I do this....blah blah blah.... Well none of us discuss it anymore.  They go to church and I do my thing! Out of my 3 adult kids only 1 reads Ray's site and loves it.

Now, my grandchildren!!  I don' say too much.  They attend church. The oldest is only 5.  I can only trust the Lord to drag them if they are supposed to be dragged.

It is frustrating.  Jusst now, my grand daughter wanted me to get off the computer and play with her, so I said, "No, honey, I am at church right now." She just said OK.

I don't bring any thing up to them anymore.

Your case I realize is different.  A 14 year old living at home.  Honestly I don't know what I would do. Don't cause a war for sure.  Show by your example, if she likes church and wants to go I guess I would let her go.  Thats just me.  Pray and do as the Lord shows you.

Hope you had a wonderful vacation.  I have been to Europe and loved Spain and Holland!  PM me when you get back, I have a friend who lives in Holland. Who knows??? You may know them. :D

Roy Monis

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:19:37 PM »

Hi all,

I just finished a conversation with my 14 year old daughter on the facts i learned last couple of months. As you might understand it was kinda difficult, becos what her father (me:)) had to tell her, and what she had learned at school and in the church had some differences. Now i didnt go all the way, i only talked about hell and God's judgement and how God's rightious judgement would not last forever for people who are not brought to Jesus Christ in this life...and she had a lot of trouble understanding.

She likes going to church, with her friends, with the son of the pastor who she like a lot...she like the pastor...and all the things her father told her confioused her..to tears.

Are there people with the same kind of experiences ? I would love to hear your stories.

Becos of holliday season i will not responce for a couple of weeks....going to Spain tomorrow morning for a holliday with the family. I guess some of you have experienced the same situation...what did you do (besides pray a lot)

Greetings from Holland

God bless you all

Hi! Brother Shirach

Greetings from UK to you too. I cannot help you with your 14 year old daughter's alarm at your sudden decision to stop going to church, because I only have one son, married to a Catholic of all things, and he is a grandad so I'm pretty far removed from your young generation. But I do have a double take on you, brother/sister, one is spiritual which centres on your love of God which is my driving force as well, so in that respect I love you my brother/sister with the love of Christ. But I have this carnal side in me which doesn't love you all that much because your country always beats ours in football and that is far from acceptable.

Have a nice holiday and try to keep your daughter away from the pastor's son that's the only advice I can give you, if that's any help. Not much I guess?

God bless you brother/sister? in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

musicman

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 03:13:27 PM »

Hey gmik, you do in fact have one too many "I"s (always wondered how to make I a plural) in your post.  It's quite funny, actually.  Did you do it on purpose.  I reads it two times and it looks so funny.  Please don't be offended, it just looks funny.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.