bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adam (first spirit)?? Then physical??  (Read 5216 times)

winner08

Adam (first spirit)?? Then physical??
« on: August 06, 2008, 09:36:26 PM »

I was just reading Rays paper on 12 truths in understanding Gods word. I don't know if that is the correct title. Anyways Ray writes where most Christians believed that Adam was made a spirit first then given a physical body after the resurrection then is immortal. Personally I never heard of this I always believed the latter. first a physical then the spiritual. Even where Kennedy or Hagee says that Adam was so bright that no one could even look at him he was a spirit. So glorious and bright. Something along them lines. I never heard of this either. I Didn't grow up in a church I maby went to a church a few times in my life. All I know is really self taught. Reading listen to others magazines and booklets stuff like this. So what was my first love ?what was I called out of? I don't know.

Darren

Chris R

Re: Adam (first spirit)?? Then physical??
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:27:02 AM »

Most of Christendom believes men NEVER die, they believe we simply move from one state of conciseness to another, that when we die, our "spirit" is instantly transformed into another existence either in heaven or hell.

To believe such a thing is contrary to what the scriptures teach, "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." [Eccl 9:10]

Chris R

Roy Monis

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 03:50:07 PM »

I was just reading Rays paper on 12 truths in understanding Gods word. I don't know if that is the correct title. Anyways Ray writes where most Christians believed that Adam was made a spirit first then given a physical body after the resurrection then is immortal. Personally I never heard of this I always believed the latter. first a physical then the spiritual. Even where Kennedy or Hagee says that Adam was so bright that no one could even look at him he was a spirit. So glorious and bright. Something along them lines. I never heard of this either. I Didn't grow up in a church I maby went to a church a few times in my life. All I know is really self taught. Reading listen to others magazines and booklets stuff like this. So what was my first love ?what was I called out of? I don't know.

Darren

Hi! Darren

The title you're looking for is " The Twelve God-Given Truths To Understand His Word." and it is a most beautifully written and instructive work. Very difficult to digest so spend a lot of time on it reading and re-reading it till it registers properly then you'll appreciate the full depth and value of its content. Once you master those twelve points and apply them, I believe the Scriptures will open up like that delicious children's novel "Alice In Wonderland." Because you truly will be in wonderland. 

I must have read it about ten times now and still have difficulty remembering all the points that need applying to get the spiritual message, hence the many blunders I make.

But you're on the right track brother, the question you're baffled with is no doubt something you've never heard before because it is one of the Babylonian lies concocted by some babbler using carnal intellect to interpret the Word of God instead of the spiritual with the aid of the Spirit. You're right the physical is before the spiritual. We are carnal/physical at the moment and have a sort of down payment or deposit in the form of the Spirit now but we will, if we persevere to the end, receive the full reward which is eternal life, immortality. "This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life." (1Jn.2:25)).

Keep reading that paper over and over and you won't need to ask anyone because you'll find it yourself. This in my humble opinion is the finest paper Ray has written and it will open the gateway to a true spiritual understanding of the Word of God once mastered as the title infers.

I hope this is of some help.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

winner08

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 03:18:57 AM »

Thanks Roy from the UK: I do understand it will take alot of time to read and understand these 12 truths. I am still on the 1st one and this is my second day of reading. I have a question on another thread about Isa:65:17-23 and I would like your opinion. Because of the 1st of the 12 God given truths speaks of the physical and the spiritual and this is the area I'm having difficult with. Thanks.

Thanks,

Darren

David

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 05:10:31 AM »

I've heard many Churches and denominations teach that Adam was made imortal, then he sinned, his imortatlity was taken away, that before his "fall" he was a shining glorious being etc. All of which is total rubbish.

Roy Monis

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 08:42:37 AM »

Thanks Roy from the UK: I do understand it will take alot of time to read and understand these 12 truths. I am still on the 1st one and this is my second day of reading. I have a question on another thread about Isa:65:17-23 and I would like your opinion. Because of the 1st of the 12 God given truths speaks of the physical and the spiritual and this is the area I'm having difficult with. Thanks.

Thanks,

Darren

Hi! Darren

I can only give you my humble opinion on this here, but having said that I believe it is a good topic to put up on the General Discussion board for more insightful opinions for there is greater wisdom in numbers. I am a newbie like yourself brother and would not like to mislead you.

But having said that I will give you my opinion and my opinion only and not fact, of what I read into Isa.65: 17-23. Ray tells us that the whole Bible is a mix of symbols, allegories, parables and the like. Well I believe that, and apply that principle to everything I read in my Bible. I see in Isa.65:17-23 one giant parable. The key, I believe, is in the opening two verses; “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind. “But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem for rejoicing And her people for gladness."  (Isa.65:17-18).

Now for one to rejoice and be glad FOREVER tells me that that person has to be spirit and immortal. The rest is just a summing up of past times of trials of which there will be no memory. "And there will no longer be heard in her The voice of weeping and the sound of crying. “No longer will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, Or an old man who does not live out his days; For the youth will die at the age of one hundred And the one who does not reach the age of one hundred Will be thought accursed. “They will build houses and inhabit them; They will also plant vineyards and eat their fruit. “They will not build and another inhabit, They will not plant and another eat; For as the lifetime of a tree, so will be the days of My people, And My chosen ones will wear out the work of their hands. “They will not labor in vain, Or bear children for calamity; For they are the offspring of those blessed by the Lord, And their descendants with them."   (Isa.65:19-23).

Verses 19 to 23 are speaking of things of this world in the flesh/carnal/physical which have now passed away and deleted from memory. You will eat the fruit of your own labour, that is, you won't be an employee who flogs his guts out in the field all day producing a crop of fruit for some fat slob sat in the comfort of his home to eat which is what happens here in this life. It is a beautiful picture that Isaiah paints.

That's the way I see it brother, but don't take my word for it post it and this my response on the General Board and get some more insights into it. That would be my advice to you. I hope it is of some help in any case.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(N O  M O R E  O F  T H I S  ####  B U T  P L E N T Y  O F  T H I S  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.