bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our spirits?  (Read 4771 times)

paulfisher

Our spirits?
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »

The only truth that I had a bit of a problem accepting for awhile when first reading Ray's site back in 2008, was letting go of the "Immortal Soul" doctrine of Christendom. I was a recent ex-Mormon at the time and they are HUGE on this dogma.

I'm still a bit confused with the many times our spirits are mentioned in the Scriptures. Also, the dead prophet Samuel appeared to King Saul through a medium yet seemed to tell the king the truth.

My questions that I can still not find answers to in Ray's teachings although it is probably there somewhere and I just haven't found it yet are these:

Do we as Humans have our own separate spirits other than the Spirit of God that He breathed into us to create our souls?

If we do, what is the state of them during our death time?

Who showed up as Samuel to King Saul?

And, are the ghosts of supposedly dead people that people see, evil spirits?

I know these probably seem like ridiculous questions and I agree. It's just that I have an absolute passion for the truths of God and His Scriptures. I just need to know...

Thank you for your time in helping me!

Paul

paulfisher

Re: Our spirits?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 07:44:30 AM »

Silly me. After posting the above I looked down at the rest of the posts on the last page there and saw "Where does the spirit go when we die?" This answered my first two questions in the above post... incredible. How do you folks so easily find Ray's specific writings?

cherokee

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:55:06 AM »

Here are two links for emails to Ray that should answer your last two Questions.

Who showed up as Samuel to King Saul?

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,124.0.html

And, are the ghosts of supposedly dead people that people see, evil spirits?
http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,100.0.html

Blessings,
Suzie

paulfisher

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »

Suzie, that was incredible... Ray explains the 'medium thing' perfectly and I am so grateful and I take it from the second passage that ghosts are evil spirits.

Thank you so much!
Paul

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 12:02:28 AM »

Hi Paul, and welcome.
I saw something interesting recently in a Nelson Bible I've had for about 25 years with the center column reference.
Everywhere the Bible mentions familiar spirits in a verse, the reference has (or, ventriloquist). 2 Kings 23:24 is an example. Never saw that in another Bible.
A little web search of the history of ventriloquism says that originally ventriloquism was a religious practice.
Just a thought.

Joel

santgem

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 04:06:36 AM »

Do we as Humans have our own separate spirits other than the Spirit of God that He breathed into us to create our souls.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4194.0.html

paulfisher

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 08:03:34 AM »

Hi Paul, and welcome.
I saw something interesting recently in a Nelson Bible I've had for about 25 years with the center column reference.
Everywhere the Bible mentions familiar spirits in a verse, the reference has (or, ventriloquist). 2 Kings 23:24 is an example. Never saw that in another Bible.
A little web search of the history of ventriloquism says that originally ventriloquism was a religious practice.
Just a thought.

Joel

That is very interesting Joel. Thank you so much.

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 24 queries.