bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where does one's spirit goes after death??  (Read 20324 times)

winner08

Where does one's spirit goes after death??
« on: September 13, 2008, 04:48:12 AM »

Hello I have a short. very short question. Is there scripture on where you spirit goes after death? I think I read that the spirit returns to God but I am not sure where I read this. I tried to find it in Ray's papers and I could not. Now I bet Ray has this answered somewhere I just couldn't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darren

chav

Re: Where does one's spirit goes after death??
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 05:31:40 AM »

Hi Darren
the scriptures you are looking for are found in Ecclesiastes

3:19  For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.
3:20  All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return.
3:21  Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?

Ecc 12:7  and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Ray has written about this scripture, but I can't for the life of me remember. I think it can be found in the LOF somewhere.

Dave

winner08

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 05:53:45 AM »

Dave thanks a million. I have been searching through Ray's emails and some of his papers. I thought the paper on death might have it but it didn't. Thanks again.

Darren

gmik

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 03:04:14 PM »

Thanks Dave for the scriptural reminder.  I needed it the other day and for the life of me didn't know where, so I relied on Romans.  But this will help my friend out more.

chav

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 03:49:03 PM »

Hi
Here is an email from Ray addressing the spirit returning to God at death.

Every person (and animal) has a "spirit."  There is no life without spirit. At death OUR spirit return to our God Who gave it to us. Spirit does not die. But, spirit has no consciencousness of its own. It must be united with a body. That is why there is coming a Resurrection of the DEAD. Adam's body had the spirit of God breathed into it and then Adam became a LIVING SOUL.  God's Holy Spirit is His Spirit of Holiness which imparts spiritual knowledge and spiritual character to those who possess it. The wicked and unbelievers have a spirit that keeps them alive, but they have no spiritual perception of spiritual truths because they do not possess the Holy Spirit of God living in us through Jesus Christ our Lord. ETc. Sorry, but it would take days to answer your question in detail.

God be with you,

Ray

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »

Excerpts from Ray on this topic.

Quote :

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3253.0.html

the spirit is not the soul. The spirit does not have consciousness. The spirit cannot think thoughts, and that is why our "thoughts perish" at death according to David.  Our spirit as well as Christ Spirit had to be reunited with a BODY before we or He would have consciousness again. Jesus was DEAD for three days, not "absent from the body" for three days.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1675.0.html

there is a spirit in man (AND ALL ANIMALS). Nothing can live without "spirit." Spirit IS life (Ecc. 8:8; Ecc. 12:7; Luke 23:46;  I Cor. 2:11; etc.).  There is no consciousness in our spirit alone. There is only consciousness (soul) when man's spirit is combined with a body. God retains our spirit until resurrection when He puts our spirit into a new body and we once again become conscious or receive back the quality of "soul." We are said to have new "spiritual" bodies, not that we are made "spirits."

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,240.0.html

You have to get out of out if your head the idea that the spirit soul and body are "separate entities" as if they could function independently of each other.  Remember my TV analogy of six years ago?  The console is the body, the picture is the soul, and the electricity is the spirit. Yes, they are "entities," if you will that have distinct names, and functions, but none of them produces anything independent of each other. Smash the console and you have not soul (picture). Pull the plug and you have not soul (picture). 
Likewise remove the spirit, and the body dies. Remove the spirit and the soul disappears. Smash the body and the soul disappears. The soul IS THE SENTIENT man. The emotional, thinking, conscious man. This consciousness is called "soul."  It is not a thing that can literally travel or go somewhere independent of the body and brain. That is why it is said in the Greek Scriptures that at death the soul goes to hades. Hades means the unseen, the imperceptible, unconsciousness.
It takes spirit from God in a body to give it life, which life is then called "a LIVING SOUL."
It takes a little meditation to understand these concepts.

God be with you
Ray

gmik

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 02:38:02 PM »

Hi Arc!!

Great scriptures.

I still can't "get" if the spirit is "doing" anything while "in God".  What does that mean--the spirit goes back to God who gave it??

God is Spirit, so a deceased person's spirit goes to what/where???  Into Spirit??

Maybe this is not important, but I was kinda wondering.......

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 04:05:06 PM »

Hi G

Hope your grand children and family are doing just fine!

To respond to your question....Ref Ray...quote ...analogy.... The console is the body, the picture is the soul, and the electricity is the spirit.

What is electricity DOING after you unplug it or switch it off. Where has light GONE when you switch it off? HAS IT GONE? If not then WHERE is it? No it is not GONE. It is MANIFEST when you put it TOGETHER with wires and light bulbs.

When the fuse blows in a light bulb it has no more light. When a heart stops in a body it has no more life.
The light bulb is still there just like the body is but it can no longer manifest light just like a dead body can no more manifest the soul or sentient being. The electricity is no longer manifest in a blown light bulb just like the soul is no longer manifest via a dead body.

gmik

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 05:21:16 PM »

OOOOHHHHHHHH!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 08:40:19 PM »

Our spirit returns to God, where it come from. He gave us the breath of life [spirit] and He takes it back to Him upon our death.

Psalm 31:5 "Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth."

Jesus knew this.

Luke 23:46 "Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last."

God bless,

Alex

dewey

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 09:18:13 PM »

Alex that is as good as it gets.  I think that your post was excellent. and God (Jesus) told me to tell you if for no other reason than to boost your confidence.  Not that I am anything special.  I am being coaxed to tell you this.

Love ya,

Dew

Goin' out on a limb for Jesus 'cause that's where the fruit's at

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 10:00:43 PM »

Alex that is as good as it gets.  I think that your post was excellent. and God (Jesus) told me to tell you if for no other reason than to boost your confidence.  Not that I am anything special.  I am being coaxed to tell you this.

Love ya,

Dew

Goin' out on a limb for Jesus 'cause that's where the fruit's at

Haha, well thank you dewey, i presume, for the very kind words!

God bless ya!

Alex

Rudy

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 11:03:21 PM »

REPLY TO WINNER 08 IS ECCLESIASTES 12:7 TELLS U WHERE THE BODY AND SPIRIT GO

GBU

Gina

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 01:17:58 AM »

Rudy's new.   Hey Rudy.  :)

gmik

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 04:46:12 PM »

welcome rudy...that was a post i was in back in 2008,,but  it is sooooo good to re read it!!  thanks for bringing it back up!!

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:08 PM »

Strangely enough, I don't remember this thread. Good to see it again though, good scriptures!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.