bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre-existence?  (Read 5702 times)

nightmare sasuke

Pre-existence?
« on: May 24, 2006, 07:41:22 PM »

Jer 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Someone used this verse to try to explain to me we pre-exist Earth.

What do you all think?

Sorin

Re: Pre-existence?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 07:47:13 PM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
Jer 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Someone used this verse to try to explain to me we pre-exist Earth.

What do you all think?

No, that's wrong. We did not "pre-exist" before we were born. What that means is God had a knowledge of us before creating us, but we didn't exist before we came into existence.

Deedle

Pre-existence?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 08:18:23 PM »

Rom 4:17  
As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations."He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.

Isa 46:10  
Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, "My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,' 11 Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it.

Deedle  :D

knuckle

Pre-existence?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »

hi all----------

kind of blows the free will argument out of the water doesn't it?I once got into a discussion with a fellow who argued that had the creation been good then why did Christ need come---I tried to explain that GOOD to the Creator has nothing to do with human morality (some vessels to honor others to dishonor)but rather that when something or someone is brought into this world that they are exactly as they were created to be.No mistakes,no plan Bs,God is in control.Some folks seem to have a problem grasping the concept I don't think the fellow I was discussing it with ever did.

berny

PRE-EXISTANCE
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 10:14:56 AM »

HI,
I WONDER IF YOU SPOKE TO A MORMON BECAUSE I KNOW THEY THINK WE ARE GODS SPIRIT CHILDREN IN HEAVEN BEFORE WE ARE BORN HUMAN AND THEY ALSO USE THAT SCRIPTURE TO PROVE IT. IF WE LIVED IN HEAVEN WITH GOD ALREADY WHY WOULD WE WANT TO COME AND BE BORN ON THIS EARTH AND HAVE SO MUCH SUFFERING,I BELIEVED THIS ONCE WELL NEARLY I KEPT SAYING I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CHOSE TO LEAVE HEAVEN IN THE FIRST PLACE IF IT WAS TRUE OF COURSE I KNOW IT WAS YET ANOTHER LOAD OF RUBBISH, I THINK GOD LETS YOU EXPLORE ALOT OF LIES BEFORE HE LEADS YOU TO THE TRUTH AND SETS YOU FREE.
BERNY :)

ciy

Pre-existence?
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 01:38:34 PM »

2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

That spirit that is inside of you that lighteth every man that ever existed is the Spirit of Christ in you.  Like Nebuchadnezzar, you left the palace to live with the beasts of the field until you remember who you are and are redeemed back to the Father.   At the perfect time, after we had tried it on our own through the law, God revealed through the flesh Christ in us.  And he had always been in us.  We just had to be sent completely away so far so that God could reveal his plan in us and we would then know for sure the truth and then the truth would set us free and we are redeemed to Him.

We are a new creation.  Something that has never existed in history or prehistory.  The only way we can become that new creation is to experience this existence.  To be puffed up as carnal beings so that we will know the power and deception firsthand of the flesh so that once we remember and are redeemed to God then we will be able to perform whatever God has for us in the next age.  The whole creation groans in anticipation of the manifestation of the Sons of God.

Kind of like a bootcamp.  We all know or some have been through the experience of someone going off to be a marine and when they come back they are a different person but they are ready to perform a duty they were not capable of before they left.  A weak comparison but it shows the direction of what I am saying.  

This is something I saw in scripture.  Like a  thread I came upon in the Word and I keep seeing it over and over now.   Ray and Mike's revelation that it is always "many are called few are chosen" has even strengthened my view of this.

Anyway this seems to give an answer as to why we would leave the Father to come to the earth.  It was His plan to achieve His ends.

CIY

eutychus

Pre-existence?
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 01:44:39 PM »

we all pre exsisted in God's mind :shock:

NOW, if we can figure out that , WOOOOOO

daaaang!!!!

Isa 9:15 The ancient and honourable, he [is] the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he [is] the tail.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, [one] like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

Dan 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom

the ANCIENT ONE, knows ALL.

love
chuckt

ciy

Pre-existence?
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 02:10:31 PM »

That is right Chuckt.  

It is all about God's mind.  He thought it and then spoke it.  This is God's.  It is all for his good pleasure.  He put his Spirit into everyone of us so that He could experience all of our lives all at once.  That is an amazing thought, but thoughts are that powerful.  If we existed in God's mind before creation, then we existed period.

Life is but a dream.

CIY

eutychus

Pre-existence?
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 09:32:31 AM »

Quote from: ciy
That is right Chuckt.  

It is all about God's mind.  He thought it and then spoke it.  This is God's.  It is all for his good pleasure.  He put his Spirit into everyone of us so that He could experience all of our lives all at once.  That is an amazing thought, but thoughts are that powerful.  If we existed in God's mind before creation, then we existed period.

Life is but a dream.

CIY

he that can except this , let it be so.

peace/grace and LOVE
chuckt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.