bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twelve tribes of Israel  (Read 5297 times)

galatians22067

Twelve tribes of Israel
« on: March 02, 2009, 02:09:31 PM »

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me with this question.  We all know there are differences between the Israel of God and Israel after the flesh from Pauls theology in Rom 2,9,11. Gal 3,4,6. Eph 2 etc...

In Rev 7: 4-8 we are told about the 144,000 from the 12 tribes of Israel. In Rev 14: 1-5 we see these 144,000 described again. In the description here in chapter 14 it ceratinly sounds like the 144,000 in    Rev 7 are Gods chosen elect, The Israel of God.   Ezekiel 16:55 informs us that Israel after the flesh will be grafted back in at the 2nd resurection, The Great White Throne Judgement. 

This verse in Matthew 19 is confusing me a little :

28And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

I am assuming this is talking about the Great White Judgement. When they are raised in Ezek 36,37 they are to become a nation again ? 

Any help would be great.

Always,
Matt

mharrell08

Re: Twelve tribes of Israel
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me with this question.  We all know there are differences between the Israel of God and Israel after the flesh from Pauls theology in Rom 2,9,11. Gal 3,4,6. Eph 2 etc...

In Rev 7: 4-8 we are told about the 144,000 from the 12 tribes of Israel. In Rev 14: 1-5 we see these 144,000 described again. In the description here in chapter 14 it ceratinly sounds like the 144,000 in    Rev 7 are Gods chosen elect, The Israel of God.   Ezekiel 16:55 informs us that Israel after the flesh will be grafted back in at the 2nd resurection, The Great White Throne Judgement. 

This verse in Matthew 19 is confusing me a little :

28And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

I am assuming this is talking about the Great White Judgement. When they are raised in Ezek 36,37 they are to become a nation again ? 

Any help would be great.

Always,
Matt

Hello Matt,

Yes, this is speaking of the GWT Judgment...

Excerpt from Lake of Fire #16-D5 (http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D5.htm):

SOME REFERENCES TO JUDGMENT ON THE WICKED...

Luke 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging  the twelve tribes of Israel.

And regarding the 144,000...

Excerpt from Lake of Fire #4 (http://bible-truths.com/lake4.html):

THE FIRSTFRUITS (Feast of Weeks): "All the best of the oil , and all the best of the wine, and of the wheat, the FIRSTFRUITS of them which they shall offer unto the Lord, them have I given thee ... And whatsoever is FIRST RIPE in the land which they shall bring unto the Lord, shall be thine..." (Num. 18:12 & 13). "And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O Lord, has given me. And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the Lord thy God" (Deut. 26:10).

COMMENT: The type in the New Testament of this Old Testament symbol is the Believer. Notice what James tells us, "Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of FIRSTFRUITS of His creatures" (James 1:18). Now a very important point: How far down the road in prophecy can we go until we reach the end of the firstfruits? In Rev. 7:4-8 we read of the sealing of the 144,000. These are a different group from the great innumerable multitude, which no man could number, from every nation and tongue spoken of beginning in verse 9.

In Chapter 14:1 & 4 we are told specifically who these 144,000 are: "And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with Him an hundred forty and four thousand [notice that the innumerable multitudes from all nations is not mentioned here] ... These are they which were not defiled with women, for they are virgins [as in the Bride of Christ]. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, BEING THE FIRSTFRUITS unto God and to the Lamb" (Rev. 14:1 & 4). So every believer from the Apostles to the 144,000 just prior to the return of Jesus Christ to establish His reign on the earth, is called and likened to FIRSTFRUITS! So what does this have to do with the lake of fire? EVERYTHING! Everyone saved before the Day of Judging is likened to firstfruits, so there will be no more firstfruits after the white throne judgment.

Paul tells us in Rom. 8:23, "And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the FIRSTFRUITS of the Spirit..." Nowhere do we read of the "LASTFRUITS," but whenever something is FIRST we also know there is something to follow. Nor are there any references to any "ONLYFRUITS." The firstfruits are clearly not the ONLY fruits! Follow this very closely now, for you are in for a big shock when you understand the type in the fall festival of Tabernacles—the great fall harvest.

Even though they are dead, they never stopped being a part of physical Israel so there is no need to 'become a nation again'. They shall come into the spiritual nation with Christ and His elect after going through judgment...

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.