bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: to believe  (Read 5752 times)

kenny

to believe
« on: April 23, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »

Is to Believe Make You A Christain

Believe
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:07:57 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why do you try so hard to make John Hagee and Dr. Kennedy understand when you know it is God alone that will open their eyes to see and open their ears to hear? Has not God himself hardened their hearts?

Cherie

Dear Cherie:

What ever gave you the crazy idea that I was trying to get Hagee and Kennedy to understand?  Nothing could be further from the truth. Titus 1:9 is a two-fold commission [1] Teach SOUND DOCTRINE [that I do], and [2] EXPOSE those heretics that contradict God's doctrines [this I also do].

Using the "best" Christendom has to offer, I kill two birds with one stone (even though I don't believe in killing birds with stones).  I expose their heresy and evil teaching while at the same time teaching the Scriptural truth on the same subjects.

God be with you,

Ray

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: to believe
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:29:28 PM »

Hey Kenny,

To believe and be faithful will make you a son of God.

1Jn 5:1  Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
1Jn 5:2  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn 5:3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
1Jn 5:4  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
1Jn 5:5  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
1Jn 5:6  This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
1Jn 5:7  For there are three that bear record *spurious*
1Jn 5:8  *spurious* the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1Jn 5:9  If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
1Jn 5:10  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1Jn 5:11  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1Jn 5:12  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1Jn 5:13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life *spurious*

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

kenny

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:53:16 AM »

Hey Kenny,

To believe and be faithful will make you a son of God.

1Jn 5:1  Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
1Jn 5:2  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn 5:3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
1Jn 5:4  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
1Jn 5:5  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
1Jn 5:6  This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
1Jn 5:7  For there are three that bear record *spurious*
1Jn 5:8  *spurious* the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1Jn 5:9  If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
1Jn 5:10  He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1Jn 5:11  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1Jn 5:12  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1Jn 5:13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life *spurious*

Antaiwan

My Friend
it is good to hear your Voice. and thank you for the scriptures, i have not read those scriptures with these new eyes, Many changed even more as I started looking at and Hearing Ray's teachings, now every time I even open the bible and read it, I have to stop myself from going to the men and woman that I have set under.

As i was posting this New Topic Yesterday,I messed up and i will attempt to fix it.

As  my statement says, Is to believe make you a christain, but the rest of the story is.

as i was reading the CLV bible in John 3;16 the spirit told me that even satan (the advisory and his angels) Believe  in me, does that make him (satan) of me. that is the real queastion.
then with engine search here on the BT i punched in believe and posted that email to Ray and some how i deleted the rest. 

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 12:08:15 PM »

Hi Kenny,

I was thinking about your question and is what you are asking, is belief/faith enough to be a Christian - follower of Christ, as John 3:16 says " that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian."  I think what you are also saying is since Satan and the demons believe, so wouldn't they be followers of Christ?

James 2:19  You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!

Well where does belief/faith come from?  It is the gift of God.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Now does being a follower of Christ require 'faith alone?'  Ray had a Bible study on 'Do James and Paul contradict' on this subject.  Here is an excerpt from that transcript.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9742.0.html -------

From Eph. 2:8-10, it’s grace and faith from GOD, a gift from GOD... not of yourself, from GOD, that saves you.  Not your works, this gift is from GOD, for we are HIS workmanship… 

What kind of workmanship?

v. 10  …created in Christ Jesus unto good works…

Now are good works absolutely essential to this thing called salvation?  Absolutely, you just have to get it straight in your mind.  It’s not your faith, it’s Christ’s faith, it’s God’s faith.  It’s not your grace, it’s God’s grace.  It’s not your works, it’s GOD’S works in you.  Do you see it?  It’s God’s works in you.

v. 10  …which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

This is ordained, it’s got to be.  This is not like, ‘well it’s nice if you have some, but it’s okay if you don’t, because you’re saved by faith alone.’  No, this is essential.  Do you see how he brings faith and works together?  They are both essential, they just come from God.
---------------------------------------------------------

So what Ray was showing in that Bible study is that Babylon teaches it is "by faith alone" that we are saved.  But this is not what the Scriptures teach.  You must have Christ "working" in you to product good works -fruits of the spirit.   These "good works" come from Christ indwelling and not of yourself.  We know that Satan and the demons do not have Christ indwelling, nor do they have 'good' works. 

I hope this was what you were asking and I did not fly off in the wrong direction with this.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 12:50:06 PM »

As  my statement says, Is to believe make you a christain, but the rest of the story is.

as i was reading the CLV bible in John 3;16 the spirit told me that even satan (the advisory and his angels) Believe  in me, does that make him (satan) of me. that is the real queastion.
then with engine search here on the BT i punched in believe and posted that email to Ray and some how i deleted the rest. 

Hey Kenny,
Joh 3:16 For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian."
I'm not sure I understand your question or if it is even a question??
Are you asking whether Satan is a Christian??
What do you mean, "Satan believe in me"?

What Kat posted should help if your asking what I think your asking.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »

I had thought that the basics of Satan's "job" if you will is to do the will of God.  Since he can do nothing outside of what God allows, isn't he in essence following God's will?  Can Satan and demons act on their own accord?  Just as mankind perceives that they have free will and can do of their own good pleasure, wouldn't it seem logical that Satan and his demons think the same way.  They percieve that they are not accountable to God and can come and go and torment as they please but since God has declared the beginning from the end, nothing they do is un-caused or free from God's influence?  The same would apply to Angels wouldn't it?  They don't have "free will" anymore than humans/mankind.  Do they?

Free will is a myth so it is impossible for anyone to have it.

Marques

kenny

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »

Thanks Kat
That is exactly what I was looking for and thanks for the link i was looking for some thing i could sink my teeth into, there is so muck information here and sometimes my question gets in the way of the answer, so when that happens I just put the question out there and the forum allways leads me where i need to go, I think that is so cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.