bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hell?  (Read 6213 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Hell?
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:34:24 AM »

Man i Wish there was not a hell that would be great! God doesnt send us to hell
    we choose to go, thats why he says salvation is a Free Gift he made it easy, but not everyone accepts it.

The punishment of the wicked dead in hell is described throughout Scripture as "everlasting fire" (Matthew 25:41), "unquenchable fire" (Matthew 3:12), "shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2), a place where "their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched" (Mark 9:44-49), a place of "torments" and "flame" (Luke 16:23,24), "everlasting destruction" (2 Thessalonians 1:9), a place of torment with "fire and brimstone" where "the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever" (Revelation 14:10,11), and a "lake of fire and brimstone" where the wicked are "tormented day and night forever and ever" (Revelation 20:10). I am sure you are aware of these scriptures I guess i just cant figure out how you can deny what is clearly taught but then again some people think you must be baptized to be saved who knows where they got that from when the bible is clear on that subject as well
    Jeremy

Dear Jeremy:
    Yes, I am sure that you think that the pagan doctrines of hell and torture are "clearly taught" in the Bible, but then again what the "bible" says and what the "manuscripts" from which the bibles are translated from, are two different matters, when it comes to "for ever and ever"--if "for ever" means for always, for all eternity, how much longer a time is added when we add the second "and  EVER" to a translation?  "Eternal" and "everlasting" are not Scritural words, but rather biblical words spuriously translated.  Maybe read my paper on: "Is EVERLASTING Scriptural?"  It is found on our home page.  Concerning baptism:  Jeremy, there are those who are baptized in water and get WET; and then there are those who get baptized into the Name of Jesus and get CONVERTED--it is a matter of what your priorities are.
    God be with you,
    Ray

« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:16:11 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.