bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Debate  (Read 5723 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Debate
« on: March 03, 2007, 07:02:44 AM »

> Ray,
    >
    > I saw this posting on the internet and I was wondering what you thought
    > of it:
    >
    >
    > Bill

(Article refuting universal salvation)

Dear Bill:
If you don't understand the mind of a Christian you will never understand why people like me do not usually debate them.  Let's say that they bring up a point (about anything) and you have Scripture that speaks directly to this point. Can you quote that Scripture to a Christian to make your point? NO, no you can't. Why is that? Because the second you quote it (according to them) you TOOK IT OUT OF CONTEXT. And to them, no Scripture is true "out of context."  "God is love" (I John 4:8), but ONLY IN THE CONTEXT OF I John 4:8. You cannot just quote a Scripture and believe that it is a statement of fact or statement of eternal truth. They won't hear of it.  But don't they quote Scripture to support their views. Yes, of course they do, but they use them IN CONTEXT.  Who determines whether their use is in context and your use is not in context?  Why THEY DO, of course, and that is because they understand hermeneutics and you don't. See the difference?  I don't either, but that's just the way it is. If you can corner a snake in a briar patch, then you can debate a Christian with the Scriptures.
God be with you,
Ray

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 10:49:59 AM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.