bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: End of the World 2012?  (Read 7696 times)

jennie

End of the World 2012?
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:51:47 PM »

Hey Ya'll and Happy New Year!
 My daughter has a dance studio and some of the kids were talking the other day about how the end of the world was coming in 2012 brought on by something in space???? Has anyone heard of this? I have been hearing all my life that the world was supposed to end on certain days and ..we are still here! Love to all, Jennie

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: End of the World 2012?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 02:28:45 PM »

Yes you heard right, the Empire will have the Death Star finished by then, unless of course cost overruns delay it.  Earth is the first planet on it's list to destroy.  The tentative date is 12/21/2012. ;)

Craig

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 03:06:14 PM »

Hi Jennie,

In 2013 Longhorn and musicman will be the top presidential and VP candidates. ;D Somehow or the other
they have a hookup to take over this part of the star system. Longhorn was in outer space last month. ???

BTW,

Seriously, there are legends and stories from Mayan calenders to Nostradamus to Chinese invasion to
Satan coming up or down to hagee's Armageddon and just look at the history channel this week. No
need to rent scary movies if want to get a rush; plenty of real action going on out there.

Now if you want the real story, read and understand The Revelation Of Jesus Christ (Last book in most Bibles).
Scary for the carnal mind, an absolute treasure of Greatest Value for the Spiritual mind.

In GOD We Trust Jennie (Spiritual), all others are shadows (physical).

george. ;D

Amrhrasach

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:10:24 PM »

Jennie, what you may have heard about is the polar shifting. 

Many many are SELLING their "theories" on the subject. 

Many also made much money on the Y2K theory in 1999 and prior.

Set your mind to know Christ, all else pales.

Gary

jennie

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 04:24:49 PM »

I declare! Some of ya'll have such dry humor it takes me a minute to realize when you are teasing! These kids are going around scared to death and the others are staying stoned to enjoy the days that are left! They don't get stoned at the studio but at their parties where they talk about this stuff! I remember in middle school, 7th grade, the world was supposed to end on that day. I was so young I was scared to death! It is kind of funny looking back on it! I will be voting for Longhorn and Musicman to be the next leaders of the free world! Laughs, Jennie

WhoAmI

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »

Yes you heard right, the Empire will have the Death Star finished by then, unless of course cost overruns delay it.  Earth is the first planet on it's list to destroy.  The tentative date is 12/21/2012. ;)

Craig

LOL good stuff...

Wanna start a website? HA HA HA

Longhorn

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »

I farted on my last space walk, but im pretty sure I remember the Russian cosmonauts remaining on the space station mentioning something about cleaning that spill up.  Oh well, guess not.  It was pretty rank though, so yes, I could see cataclysmic effect it could have on our entire solar system.

Longhorn

musicman

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 06:51:12 PM »

We must act fast to change god's mind about ending the world in 2012.  My idea is to rent a huge truck, go to every church group that believes this and ask for all of their possessions to make one ultimate sacrifice to their god.  Yep, their electronic equipment, their expensive drapes, jewlry, golden jesus statues, some offer bucket money, ect. (I should avoid those sandal wearing hippies.  All they have is alot of weed.  Let's leave them to their campfires and folk tunes.)  Anyway, we load up their possessions (our plunder?) and say hey, if the world's gonna end ya'll don't need this stuff anyway.  We explain to them, we'll burn it all up at some undisclosed place so the looters won't attack us.  Then if the world does'nt end we simply say, "see, god accepted our sacrifice offering.  We can all live now.  That 50 ft. jumbo tron with surround sound must have changed his mind.  I shall quit my job to spread the gooder news than what we had previously.  Praise the. . . . .. . . .uuuummmmm. . . . .lord"!!   
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:14:29 PM by musicman »

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 09:07:04 PM »

Longhorn and Musicman, it is so good to know that some things just never change!! ;D ;D
I can't imagine life without the two of you! ;)
Longhorn--what happens in space stays in space (I hope!)
Oh, wait Musicman, How do you think those people would give up all their possessions? No, I think they'd rather meet the END with their stuff! (on the off chance that they might be able to take it with 'em!)

Craig, will you be notified if there is a delay in the completion of the Death Star? If Longhorn's "gaseous anomaly" should last in the airlessness of space would that delay the work? OR should we send him back up with a big pot of beans? ;D ;D :o
What a gas! :D
Kathy ;)

musicman

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »

If Longhorn's "gaseous anomaly" should last in the airlessness of space would that delay the work? OR should we send him back up with a big pot of beans? ;D ;D :o
What a gas! :D
Kathy ;)

Are you crazy?  How do you think the first big bang event happened?  god lit a match and . . . . . . . .baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg!!!

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »

Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Some would say ROTFL  ;D But ya know I still like hahahahaha! :D :D I forgot about the big bang!! :o
Kathy ;)

Samson

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 10:57:38 PM »

Hi,

Apparently, people are likely to ask this 2012 scenario as the Date draws, my oldest Daughter
        made mention of this and seemed somewhat fearfull, I made a copy of Kats response on this
       somewhat related topic about the Mayan Calendar, about ten months ago, let's see if I can
       find it. I'll try to get it first and just modify this comment.

Personally after twenty years a JW, I've had enough of End Times Eschatology, with the exception
       of the twin towers article by Ray, lent a copy to my Mother in Law, supposedly she read it and liked
       it, the she past it on to some fellow workmates with apparent interest.

Otherwise, I'll KEEP AWAKE, not knowing the exact moment of Jesus return, it will happen when we
       least expect it as the Scriptures seem to indicate.

See Quote from Kat regarding a previous thread on this subject below

Re: Galatic Alignment 2012
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 10:55:06 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mark.

I find this interesting and did a little searching and came up with this info. 

As of this time there's absolutely nothing scientifically special about the year 2012. Every year you can get two or three planets in line, that is not rare.
In 2012 our sun will become temporarily aligned with the Milky Way's equatorial plane. Nothing special about that, it's happened countless times in the past.  There is going to be no significant or noteworthy planetary alignment, like all the planets aligned in or near a straight line.
Although reversals of Earth's magnetic poles has happened over and over again in the past, and will happen again in the future, each reversal takes from 300 to 1,000 years to complete. It's not an instantaneous thing by any means.

The Maya Long Count Calendar ~
The way I understand it, this calendar was involved with the Maya religion, so.... here is what I found.
2012 is the end of the Maya calendar, known as the end of the Great Cycle.  Actually the end of the Great Cycle is a time of great celebration for the Mayas.

What their calendar actually shows is a transits of Venus across the disk of the Sun and this is among the rarest of planetary alignments.  The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree.

The Maya concept was a World Age shift in 2012.  Supposedly humanity literally is going to experience cataclysm and upheavel, earthquakes, disasters, famine, and plague at that time and it will be a Earth cleansing and the prelude for a global renewal.

Anyway, this site had some good info.
http://www.dailycommonsense.com/2012-explained-why-it-shouldnt-be-feared/

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:28:41 PM by Kat »  Report to moderator    Logged 

Kind Regards, Samson.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 11:17:57 PM by Samson »

Sorin

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 12:45:12 AM »

I hope not; I'm still fairly young.  :-\

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 03:07:01 AM »

Looks like the Mayan`s are pretty close to being right on the money for a prediction made 1,000`s of years ago.
     Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

judith collier

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 06:22:29 PM »

I hope not too, Sorin, and for all the young people. I was caught up in this for awhile but had to put it down, Two free books by Ronald Weinland almost had me believing. I think when he said he and his wife were going to be the end time 2 witnesses that I put it all down. judith

winner08

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 06:43:26 PM »

Yes the mayans, some native American Indians and some other ancient peoples have all said the same thing. To be exact DEC.26 2012 will be the end of this age. I forget they predicted the earth would have so many ages and this will be the last. It's interesting to say the lest that they all come tho the same conclusion. this date. why this date. why not some other. and why these ancient peoples said this. do they really know something that we don't know? Edgar Cassy predicted that the poles would shift and that would be the end of this age. well I can just image what would happen if the poles shifted. talk about disasters. Anyway, I believe Cassy said that was to happen in the 90s and yet here we are. I believe that Notradomas said that they would have x number of popes and this is the last one then the end will come. I'm not sure. If this is true why then worry about it or even concern ourselves about it. If it happen there is nothing we can do about it. So why worry. That's just my opinion.

musicman

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 08:14:19 PM »

I guarentee that the months leading up to this date will show frantically high church attendence.  I wonder if the ministers will admit that these predictions all originate with pagan traditions.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:58:00 PM by musicman »

winner08

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 08:31:32 PM »

Just as with all the other predictions that came and went, I wonder what the believers of this dooms day date will have to say when it doesn't happen.Well if it happens no one will have to say anything. :o :o :o

aqrinc

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 09:01:31 PM »

Think about the free TVs and stuff you can get ;D Oh there won't be any electricity ;).
If the end shows up and nobody knows it is the end, will it matter. ???

george. ??? ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.