bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Question's  (Read 12153 times)

meee

Question's
« on: March 29, 2009, 01:31:25 PM »

Hey everone,
      I was reading that Walt, Samson and Eileen are within getting together distance and I think that would be so wonderful for you all.
      My question , is there anyone living in Minnesota near Albert Lea, in the BT forum.
      My other is, do any of you attend a church? My husband does, but I have a hard time sitting there and hearing false things said about God and Lord Jesus. I have stopped going. I know of some fellowships in Minnesota that do teach correctly, but they are not in driving distance for this old lady. :(
     If I'm not too nosey, I'd like your input, please. I know we aren't to forsake the fellowshipping together, but i feel we aren't to sit under false teaches too, sooooo. If there were like minded folks here we could ahve a home fellowship.
     Ok, y'all have a good one,
Terry

EKnight

Re: Question's
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:16:13 PM »

Hi Terry,

I'm not really familiar with the locations of our members but I did want to make a comment. I think it is so wonderful that at 62 you had the courage stop attending church, something I am sure was probably at least a weekly routine.  I was thinking about my own sisters and brothers who all married other Catholics and attend church every Sunday (as did I) and I can see that unless God swats them upside the head, they will cling to these rituals to the end.  In fact my oldest sister is the same age as you and I don't see her ever leaving the church. 

I am curious as to what caused your change of heart after all this time?

Eileen

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »

It is wonderful Terry that the Lord shows through you, that no one is too old to change!

I am in South Africa so I doubt that we can get together for tea but we certainly can get together in His Spirit here in BT.

Arc

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 03:20:29 PM »

I am curious as to what caused your change of heart after all this time?

Eileen

Romans 9

18 Therefore, on whom he wills he has mercy, and whom he wills he hardens.

19 Thou wilt say to me therefore: Why does he yet find fault? For who has resisted his will?

20 Yes, rather, O man, who art thou that replies against God? Shall the thing moulded say to him that moulded it: Why didst thou make me thus?

21 Has not the potter right over the clay to make of the same lump one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

Peace...Mark

EKnight

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 04:02:10 PM »

Right Mark, I was only asking if she was aware of God's cause. For me it was a drug addicted child.

Eileen

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 02:28:31 AM »

It's been a precious time reading this thread and getting to know you folks a bit better.  I don't have much to add, except I'm a long way from Minnesota (isn't everything?)   :D  But I feel very close to you here.

And a side note to Eileen.  Best as I remember, we kinda started about the same time with some of the same struggles.  It's wonderful and faith-building to me to see you grow in the knowledge of the Lord.  God bless you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

meee

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 11:02:26 AM »

I don't have much to add, except I'm a long way from Minnesota (isn't everything?)   :D  But I feel very close to you here.

Hi Dave,
                    You got that right!!! ::) ;) :(
       hugs,meee

musicman

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 04:44:17 PM »

He knows God is the Father of Lord Jesus and us, and Jesus is the Son of God and not Himself God. 

I don't want to nitpick here.  But Christ is the God of the OT.  He is not God the Father though.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »

WHO IS THE FATHER?

When we hear of Elohim, El, or Jehovah Elohim, it is as much from the Father as it is Christ, because they are one.   

Jesus Christ is the spokesman for His Father.  No matter what Christ says, He is the mouth piece for the Father.  He’s not Charley McCarthy, He’s not a puppet, but He is the mouth piece for the Father, they are in agreement.  I don’t know if the proper phonetics and all that are given to Him by the Father and if He really has no latitude of His own. 

But in Spirit... the whole thing has to do with spirit and attitude, they are ONE! 

So it says in Acts 5:30 “The God of our fathers raised up Jesus.”   But when we read in the OT “the God of our fathers,” it was Jesus.  But what I want to show by that is the Scripture themselves gives us the latitude to recognize that no matter who the person is, whether it be the Father or the Son, it’s always God.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

Father GOD, and Son GOD. Father Smith, and his son Smith too. Father Brown and his son a Brown too. .... clear as mud.  :)

Arc

mhykx

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 11:15:01 PM »

Hi Meee!
Mike here!  ;)

Just hang on.
I'm also one of those who came here to learn".
We're many actually.
And I don't want to stop learning.....and applying what I learn in my life.
So keep asking questions coz I do.
Our brothers and sisters are here to help.

Roy Coates

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 12:48:34 AM »

Welcome Meee, glad to have met you here on the board and glad you found B.T.

Eileen, I almost fell out of my chair, cause I use the same terminology as you do describing how the Father drew me "smacked up side my head" For me it was mostly a drug addiction that almost took my life, took my job and money, yada yada yada. I am greatfull cause I wouldn't be where I am at today if I didn't go through yesterday.

Mhykx, We are all here to learn and to share what we know. Keep on asking those questions because I for one learn much by reading questions and responses.

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 01:18:39 AM »

Roy you said it well! I think those are true words for all of us "I wouldn't be where I'm at today, if I didn't go through yesterday." I didn't copy and paste that, I needed to write it out to remember it!!  :D To know that God is in control and we aren't, is so freeing! It's the difference between going off the deep end with guilt and remorse and coming back from the edge knowing that you are where you are for a reason!  God puts us where He wants us and when we give Him the reigns of our life we are totally renewed! We are all here for a reason whether the rest of our families follow or not. God has them in His plan.

Terry, I have some little grandsons, too! I have 5 grandsons and 1 granddaughter! 2 of my grandsons are 9 & 11 years old and they have studied some of Ray's stuff with me! They know no one is burning in hell right now and they know that Jesus died to save ALL. We haven't gone in too much depth about all the stuff, but they do learn from their parents. They go to church with their parents and I try never to overstep my boundaries. I am blessed that my son and his wife are always wanting to do God's will above all else! I pray that God will lead them in the way He wants them to go. My husband doesn't go to church anymore he can't stand the whole "church scene" anymore! He never bothers me about what I do. I have told him he needs to read the BT website..one day maybe he will!

Don't get discouraged about your grandsons, just keep praying for them and being yourself! I'm sure they love you! My grandsons love me very much and they know I would never lead them the wrong way, that's the reason I don't interfere with the way their parents are raising them. In your situation you just have to trust that God will give you the answers.

I'm glad you're here! We all do learn from each other!
Hugs to you!
Kathy :D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 04:25:18 AM »

Dear Kathy

Only God knows how your words spoke  drafts of encouragement to my soul this morning.

Every time we post in the Forum we can know that our words might be helping someone, encouraging someone else and all the while leading us all to that Freedom that is in Christ our Lord.

Deb

musicman

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 11:45:48 AM »

Musicman, hello.
      That's what I'm hear for is to learn. What did I say that was wrong? You all are so much advanced, so please explain.  I don't think I said Christ was God the Father, it wasn't my intention, if it sounded as such.
Thanks for the help,
luv&hugs Terry :)

He knows God is the Father of Lord Jesus and us, and Jesus is the Son of God and not Himself God. 

I don't want to nitpick here.  But Christ is the God of the OT.  He is not God the Father though.

What I was saying is that even though Christ is not God the Father, He is still in all rights, God.

meee

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 05:06:19 PM »

Musicman and everyone,
    Thanks I see what you were meaning, Musicman.  I had said Elmer thought that Jesus wasn't God. I get it~~~ it's kinda like you all talk shorthand sometimes ;) and I don't quite get what you're saying . Well, I'm so glad you helped me. I'm dull sometimes , but then all of a sudden I'm clear, so thanks again, Hugs,meee ;D

meee

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 07:32:41 PM »

Hello Mike,
      Thanks for the encouragement.
I will do as you say, but I'll be reading , more than writing, because there is allot to learn from everyones post and especially when Scripture accompanies the post.
       I always say keep on~keeping on,sorta your hang on, and I do intend to .
       Luv & hugs,meee :)

meee

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 07:37:54 PM »

Nice to meet you Roy,
           I'm glad I found BT too!
                  luv&hugs,meee :)

Roy Coates

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »

I went to your photo bucket and got a look at you and your wonderful family. I should do the same, maybe right now. Peace

meee

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »

Good evening Kathy,
          Thanks much, for the encouragement about my grandsons. I would like my husband to stop the church scene, but that's not in my control, anymore than anything else is. Yes, our family is always in our prayers. The mom of our grandsons talks to me sometimes about God, so she most likey does with Kaleb too. I've told her BT things and it seems like she grasp it and even has said she felt that way, about some of the things already, just by her reasoning things out,or so she thinks anyway. So, it's all in His hands and I'll trust Him.For He loves us all more than we know how to love ,and that's comforting to me too.
         I'm very happy about being at BT!
            luv ,meee
PS: I see there is a poster named Terry, so maybe I'll be meee, more than my name, it's normal for me to sign that way when writing my sister's,sooooo~~~~~~~~~~ ;)  ;D

Roy, that is a wonderful idea, now to encourage everyone to post some pic's ???
                          meee

I went to your photo bucket and got a look at you and your wonderful family. I should do the same, maybe right now. Peace

Ninny

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 11:10:08 PM »

Sorry, I just got to read this tonight Ok, then you shall be meee!! Well, not ME but You meee! haha ;D
My niece has always called me "Vernzie" I used that as my user name on everything until my little grandson started calling me "Ninny"!  ;D So yeah I get it!  ;)
Kathy 8)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.